Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scale challenge page

VTmeetsMontréal is offline Senior Member

The Scale challenge

Shop Now
    I am going to not weigh myself for an entire month to get over obsessing about the number and focusing on my overall health! What do you all think of this? Who's with me?

No scale until April 15th!

@lex is offline Senior Member
    You'll be much happier weighing yourself once or twice a month instead of obsessing over it. As an example, last time I stepped on a scale was mid February, it said 200. I stepped on it this morning and it said 185, which shocked me. You'd be amazed at what the numbers do when you aren't watching them like a hawk.

Thanks for the feedback, this is what I'm hoping for! The number usually just makes me upset when I don't get the results I want then it gives an excuse in my mind to go "well it doesn't matter anyway, might as well eat whatever I want".

This mentality made me gain about 10 lbs in the past month... and I'm done with it! Nothing scarier than seeing the weight creep up!

p.s. congrats on your loss. That is Amazing! 15 lbs!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Avoiding the scale works best for me because I have some medical issues and therefore lose very slowly. Weighing daily will drive you MAD if you are a slow loser...

Last month my batteries died in my fancy azz scale... just replaced them the other day, been eating right, and sure enough was glad to see some loss. Certainly not 15 lbs... but in my world I'm OK with "slow and steady" If I had been weighing daily with water and hormonal fluctuations, PLUS the fact that I lose really slow, I probably would have had doubt creeping up on me.

So yeah... no more weighing for a while... a month seems about right.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Nugget is offline Junior Member
    In. I have a physical on March 23 - but after that I'm off until May 1.

Primal Bob is offline Member
    I'm going to stop weighing myself until the doctor in a couple weeks. I do want to start taking measurements of myself, though.

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VTmeetsMontréal View Post
    I am going to not weigh myself for an entire month to get over obsessing about the number and focusing on my overall health! What do you all think of this? Who's with me?

No scale until April 15th!
    I'm in! **&^%$&$#^@#%^ scale has been making me really mad anyway. It will be lucky if I don't ditch it.

I'm glad to see some people joining! I really think when your focus becomes health, the benefits will come (rather than doing the inverse). Let's be healthy for health's sake! Not for skinny's sake!

BygoneCat is offline Member
    I'm in!

Aliophile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Bob View Post
    I'm going to stop weighing myself until the doctor in a couple weeks. I do want to start taking measurements of myself, though.
    Count me in. I need to do measurements, too, but I keep putting it off. I'll do 'em TODAY!
    || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
    My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
    AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast