Thread: barefoot running in watershoes? page

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member

barefoot running in watershoes?

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone tried barefoot running in watershoes? I have seen pairs that look like minimalist running shoes, and for far less $. I would like to give it a try, but not sure if I am out of my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    No you are not out of your mind. I've read where a lot of people use water shoes. Only problem is the really cheap $7 or < ones you get at K-mart and such do not have very durable soles. I had considered that option, but then Merrell came out with their shoes. Teva has a nice water shoe called the Nilch. It's not cheap, but at $55, it's cheaper than a lot of other minimal running shoes.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabbecky View Post
    Has anyone tried barefoot running in watershoes? I have seen pairs that look like minimalist running shoes, and for far less $. I would like to give it a try, but not sure if I am out of my mind
    I've done it. It's not bad actually. It can get a little floppy- depending on the water shoe and the fit. It works pretty well though. I prefer just going barefoot, but for the "I will chew your feet into ground meat" type terrain, I love my Altra Eves.
    You could also try Invisible Shoes. They are pretty dang cheap and pretty great if you can get your lace tying down. I have a pair of those too.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Fabbecky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    No you are not out of your mind. I've read where a lot of people use water shoes. Only problem is the really cheap $7 or < ones you get at K-mart and such do not have very durable soles. I had considered that option, but then Merrell came out with their shoes. Teva has a nice water shoe called the Nilch. It's not cheap, but at $55, it's cheaper than a lot of other minimal running shoes.
    YEah, the really cheap is right in my current price range ($10-15). I really want some of the other barefoot runners, but they are not cheap for someone with no income
    Quote Originally Posted by L8F View Post
    ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    water shoes are great. i wear a pair daily as my minimalist option for work. mine aren't great for running because my feet move around in them a lot, but if i had a smaller pair i would definitely use them for running. they are more barefoot than my merrells, and almost as good as my vibrams.
    you could also go barefoot. there's probably a lot of gravel left over from the snow, which can hurt, but if you keep an eye on the ground in front of you, going unshod is a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabbecky View Post
    YEah, the really cheap is right in my current price range ($10-15). I really want some of the other barefoot runners, but they are not cheap for someone with no income
    I say go for it. Kmart has the Athletec women's maritime aqua sock for $9.99. Barefoot is another option, but it's not always feasible. I don't dare go barefoot in my neighborhood as we don't have sidewalks and not long ago it looked as if someone broke a bunch of bottles in the street. Perhaps as one's feet toughen, they will resist puncture (at least that's what Barefoot Ken Bob says), but.....

You can always be like Larry and run/walk in cheap flip flops

Life: Catching up with the Flip-Flop Man

video here

http://current.com/groups/culture/89...bout-larry.htm