Thread: Nausea page

Starfairy1980 is offline Junior Member

Nausea

Shop Now
    Hi All,
    Iím new here, and have been following the primal diet for a few weeks now. Most of the time, I feel so much better when I donít eat grains, but mornings seem to be my down fall.
    I have horrible allergies, and even w/ allergy meds, I have horrible post nasal drip. I wake up nauseous and stay that a good part of the morning. I drink tons of water, but the only thing that settles my stomach seems to be bread. Not a huge amount, I had 2 biscuits this morning, plain, with butter (and am now in carb coma..ugh!). The thought of eating any sort of protein turns my stomach right now.

Who else is going thru this? Any suggestions on what else I can eat that isnít so carby? Smoothies are out, bacon and eggs are out, lunch meat is out.

This is worse than being pregnant. I was never this nauseous when I was pregnant with my son.

Thanks so much,
    Marty

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Try drinking some peppermint or ginger tea and skipping breakfast if you feel sick. Wait to eat until you feel better, and if you still need a little starch to settle your stomach try a little bit of white rice instead of bread.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Nausea can be part of carb flu.

I second peppermint or ginger tea. Skipping breakfast is a great idea. Don't eat if you're stomach says "NUH UH".

I'd whip up a batch of bone broth to drink when your stomach is ready. Also, do you like fennel? When I roast fennel, I chop the tops off, and freeze 'em. When having tummy troubles, I add those tops to some water and simmer for a little while. Drink it hot or cold. Definitely helps with a moody stomach.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Starfairy1980 is offline Junior Member
    What is Carb flu? I will try the ginger or peppermint tea. I woke up this morning, feeling fine. Back to the protein!!!

patski is offline Senior Member
    Carb flu happens when your body adjusts to burning fat for energy rather than starch. Usually lasts a few weeks into eating primal/paleo.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.