Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vitiligo page

Comma is offline Senior Member

Vitiligo

Anybody else with this annoying autoimmune disease? Going primal wouldn't by any chance help with this, would it?

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    Anybody else with this annoying autoimmune disease? Going primal wouldn't by any chance help with this, would it?
    Have you tried the automimmune protocol of Paleo? I've seen it around here, recently.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I wish I could tell you. My boyfriend has had it since he was a child, and he's probably the biggest promoter of Primal and what it has done for me, but he won't try it himself.

I remember hearing on a podcast somewhere that a young kid had it pretty bad, and it went away fairly quickly with either Primal or Paleo. Pretty easy to document something like that. Unfortunately, it was at least a couple of months back, so I don't remember whose podcast it was or the guest's name.

ETA: Okay, here it is: http://www.robbwolf.com/2011/01/04/t...on-episode-61/

Also check the comments at the bottom of the linked page. More info there.
    Last edited by RitaRose; 03-12-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I wish I could tell you. My boyfriend has had it since he was a child, and he's probably the biggest promoter of Primal and what it has done for me, but he won't try it himself.

I remember hearing on a podcast somewhere that a young kid had it pretty bad, and it went away fairly quickly with either Primal or Paleo. Pretty easy to document something like that. Unfortunately, it was at least a couple of months back, so I don't remember whose podcast it was or the guest's name.

ETA: Okay, here it is: The Paleo Solution – Episode 61 | Robb Wolf | The Paleo Solution book and podcast | Paleo diet, Paleolithic nutrition, intermittent fasting, and fitness

Also check the comments at the bottom of the linked page. More info there.
    Thanks, for this. I like these stories of "beating the odds." And I just found his podcast, weeks ago... I know, where have I been?

Whoa, thank you!! I definitely didn't think anybody would even know what I was talking about, and here you fantastic ladies are with advise and all. Thanks!

I definitely didn't think anybody would even know what I was talking about...
    I think it got a bit of an awareness boost when people found out Michael Jackson had it. Kind of like Parkinson's (which my dad had) and Michael J. Fox.

Honestly, when I first met my boyfriend, I though he had a chemical burn on his hands. Didn't think twice, but later he said it was vitiligo. No big deal to me either way. In fact, I love beards on men, and told him I hoped he never shaved his. Turns out, he has a good-sized spot on his chin, so he'll never shave the beard off. Bonus for me!

Tell him he can get rid of the chin spot with Protopic ointment. It works great on the face, jst not so great on hands and feet.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    As a happy bearer of these wondrous living tattoos, I am happy to say that going primal did not reduce the appearance of my vitiligo.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Tell him he can get rid of the chin spot with Protopic ointment. It works great on the face, jst not so great on hands and feet.
    Oh, no! Then he'll be able to shave off the beard!

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    As a happy bearer of these wondrous living tattoos, I am happy to say that going primal did not reduce the appearance of my vitiligo.
    But, then, Husband, you're also about as pale as your "living tattoos," and they only show up if you tan and show them off...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast