Shop Now
    Wt 156.2 (phffft!)
    Breakfast 3 oz veal 180 cal
    Lunch: 1 cup saurkraut 18 cal
    Dinner: 4 oz Ground Venison burger 178 cal
    1 dill pickle 3 cal
    total calories 371

Ice bath--30 minutes
    Woke at 3 am and got up at 3:30. Went back to bed around 4:30 and slept until 8:00am. Hope tonight I get a decent nights sleep.Blood glucose before eating this morn: 83
    55 yrs -5'4"
    Began Primal Diet along w/ Leptin Reset Jan 2, 2012
    Starting Weight: 170 (lost 8#'s first week of Leptin Reset)
    CW:148 lbs,
    Started Hcg 3/12/12 at weight of 162.0
    GW: 135 lbs
    Goal-to feel energetic again. I want to keep up with my 22month old grand daughter!
    Working to Gain Optimal Health by adjusting hormones, healing gut and incorporating CT along w/wt loss.
    My Primal/Leptin/CT/Hcg Journey Thread on MDA

Kundalini is offline Junior Member
    RBee, thanks SO much for sharing with us your daily progress on this program you have put together. You have combined the same elements I would like to combine for my 2nd round of HCG. I am concluding my first HCG round now and will be starting P3 and Leptin Reset Friday morning. I love that you are using fermented vegetables and bone broths. I was following Natasha Campbell-McBride's GAPS diet for about 5 months before starting HCG and would have liked to combine the GAPS dietary guidelines with HCG protocol, but did not make that happen. I had slow losses on HCG. I went from 159.5 lbs to LIW of 142.5 on VLCD39, for an average daily loss of .44 lbs (17 lbs total). I just decided this morning (after my weekly skip day yesterday) to conclude this round because I seem to be developing immunity to HCG and am not doing well on the program right now. I am so excited for my first BAB Friday morning. I had wanted to lose 34 lbs in one long round but that clearly was not happening, I lost exactly half of what I wanted to lose. I am 48 years old, 5'4" and would like to weigh 125 lbs.
    Please do continue to post, as I am very interested in your progress. I will start my second round May 15th and I'd like to follow in your footsteps.

janagram is offline Senior Member
    howzit going, RBee? I started qbout the same time as you.....lr, not hcg...but I'm eating a lot more than you. Hope this works, cuz I really like all this fat!!! (sorry)
    I eat the BAB and love it! lunch is not too big, dinner pretty big....VLC.....have lost about 2.5 lbs so far.....
    keep posting, even if you quit the program....cuz there's no real quitting...just modifying.....

RBee is offline Senior Member
    wt: 155.8
    Breakfast 3 oz tilapia
    Lunch: pickle
    Dinner: 4 oz steak
    1 cup saurkraut
    45min CT bath
    55 yrs -5'4"
    Goal-to feel energetic again. I want to keep up with my 22month old grand daughter!
    Working to Gain Optimal Health by adjusting hormones, healing gut and incorporating CT along w/wt loss.

Quote Originally Posted by janagram View Post
    howzit going, RBee? I started qbout the same time as you.....lr, not hcg...but I'm eating a lot more than you. Hope this works, cuz I really like all this fat!!! (sorry)
    I eat the BAB and love it! lunch is not too big, dinner pretty big....VLC.....have lost about 2.5 lbs so far.....
    keep posting, even if you quit the program....cuz there's no real quitting...just modifying.....
    Hey, well, I am missing the fat and BAB too. But I was at such a long stand still just doing the LRx so decided to go with something that worked for me to lose..hcg. My problem is keeping off the wt. Hopefully, with CT and doing Leptin full bore on Phase3 and eating Paleo on out, I'm certain I'll keep it off
    Keep me updated on your progress, ok? The best to you!!
    55 yrs -5'4"

Todays wt: 155.8 (no change from yesterday ;(
    Breakfast 1/2 cup bone broth
    Lunch 1/2 cup sauerkraut
    Dinner: 3 oz tilapia
    1 dill pickle
    Now I am talking no appetite at all today. But I do feel weak and tired. Taking potassium and magnesium. Am dumping all my other supps for now.
    No CT today. I didn't sleep again last night. Waking at 3 am and tossing and turning till 6:30. Did fall back to sleep until 8am.
    So total of 6 hours. Just mostly interrupted sleep. This could be the reason for no loss since if you don't get good sleep, you don't lose weight!
    And also because I may have done a little cheat yesterday. I had 4 oz of steak, but the steak had some fat on/in it. Damn, it was so good! Yes, even good enough to deal with a day of no losses. I can deal with that (I guess when I used to cheat, it would be with something like sweets or chips or junk food. Now, it's FAT! Doncha know I AM a real primal gal now LOL

Dang, still dragging today. I did weeding in the landscaping all day yesterday and sure feel it today. Sore as can be. I doubt very much that after doing LRx for 2 months that I ever reached Leptin Sensitivity. Hopefully that will come on the P3 when I get there.
    This is hard work...a real grind. I am not losing any faster than the last times I did the protocol. Actually less than when I did this before. Down a total of 6.4 pounds from my high of 162.2.
    Now, with thyroid and struggling adrenals along with low hormone issues, this may not be surprising. I am hoping if I continue with CT, that in the next two weeks, I will be adapted and it will accelerate weight loss. I plan to do the vlc and hcg until 4/27 which will put me at 45 days and then the 3 w/out hcg and vlc preceeding P3. Unless the hcg quits working, I'll keep going. I decided I will NOT ever do this protocol again. So this is DO or DIE time.
    55 yrs -5'4"

Hi Kundalini, You are very welcome. I enjoy sharing and hope that I can give some of you reading this some insight. It is not an easy thing to do with cobbling together different ways of eating. Hopefully it will be worth the time and trouble
    Let me know how you do with stabilizing after you finish your current round up.
    Be careful with how much you eat on your first day of P3. Especially with the fat amount. Try to start with a little and see how your system handles it. Are you eating dairy and eggs?
    Did you eat the fruit while doing vlc?
    Sometimes it may not be the hcg immunity. It could be hormonal trouble too.
    Keep me updated on your progress also. And check out the hcg forum at Dr Kruse's website too. Connie posts and helps so much with giving excellent advice!
    HCG Protocol
    55 yrs -5'4"

Day 14
    Today's wt: 155.2 Total lost 7#'s
    Breakfast: 4 oz chicken breast
    Lunch: 4 oz steak
    1/2 cup sauerkraut
    Dinner 2 pickles.
    Was out shopping most of the day so lots of running. Not as tired as yesterday. I did sleep well for once last night. Went to bed and fell asleep at 10:30pm, woke around 12:30 to potty, fell back to sleep until 3:30 but feel asleep again until 7am.
    Need to get that sleep!
    Will spot CT in a while.
    No supps except magnesium and potassium
    55 yrs -5'4"

Day 15
    Wt: 153.8 Total lost 8.4#
    Breakfast 4 oz ground beef
    Dinner: Large romaine salad with chicken breast. This was restaurant food and I brought my own dressing. But the salad had some grated Parmesan cheese on it so I hope this doesn't give me a big gain for tomorrow
    No CT today. Hopefully will CT in tub tomorrow.
    55 yrs -5'4"

Day 16
    Wt: 152.2
    Total loss: 10#'s
    Breakfast: 3 oz ground beef 208 cal
    No Lunch
    Dinner: 1 cup sauerkraut 18 cal
    4 oz sirloin streak 285
    Total calories 511
    CT at 3:30pm for 36 minutes. Was shivering today for some reason. Will try to extend it longer tomorrow.
    Feel better today with more energy. Slept better but not great last night. I am doubling my potassium today. From 99gr a day to 198. Still have slight muscle soreness so hopefully that will be gone tomorrow.
    Took 200mg resveratol
    kelp 330mcg
    Vit K 5mg
    Zinc 15mg
    Selenium100mcg
    And as usual I take 1700mg mag malate, 1/2 during the day and 1/2 before bed.
    I've cut back quite a bit on my supps from what I used to take before hcg. With fillers and such, I didn't want to take the chance of ingesting things that would impede loss. And I hated not taking any at all. I do miss not taking my Omega 3 Salmon oil and Vit D3 and CoQ10.
    I may one of those at a time later to see how I go. I am just worried more about stabilizing than I am not losing. Losing to me is the easy part. Stabilizing the weight loss is that hardest ever. Hope this Leptin and CT will be the magic bullet this time.
    55 yrs -5'4"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast