Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunger is thru the roof page

Chrisf12 is offline Member

Hunger is thru the roof

Primal Fuel
    Guys,

I am just starting the Primal diet - of course the pastas I used to get for lunch, etc are no replaced with leafs - lol.

I am on about a week and man, I am starving - I just ate a bunch of nuts... Is this typical? If so, how long does this knawing pain for hunger last?

NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    Eat more fat. Butter up those veggies, pick fattier cuts of meat, have some eggs, etc.

Lots of newbies end up eating way too many nuts in the beginning (this guy included).
    Keep them down to a handful a day and look for satiety in more balanced foods.

You may also be experiencing "carb flu". Type that into the search box for more info there.
    Your body might be protesting the lack of carbohydrates which you interpret as hunger.

Stay strong and you'll reap the benefits of what Mark calls being "fat adapted".

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Get rid of the nuts. Eat fatty meats- more than you think you need.

thanks guys - any idea on "how long" the carb flu lasts... UNderstanding veryone is different do you have an experience w it?

Spinman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisf12 View Post
    thanks guys - any idea on "how long" the carb flu lasts... UNderstanding veryone is different do you have an experience w it?
    I had it for a good week. And I concur with the previous posts. This lifestyle is not about depriving yourself of food. Eat rich, flavorful foods and eat until you are full. With enough fat you'll find yourself not even thinking about food between meals.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Eat a wide palette of a lot of quality foods. If you are hungry keep eating. I'd say without a doubt I eat less now than when I was trying to make the switch. Most people report "carb flu" lasts two or three weeks, but I found that the occasional "carb craving" will still pop up even 6-9 months (or longer) out. Try to avoid situations where you end up in a hunger condition with no good options. 90% of the time when I go off the wagon, it comes back to being in that situation.
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comma is offline Senior Member
    I'm going through the flu too. The first week I was really hungry, it's your body asking for carbs. Put a big slap of butter into your coffee (look for bulletproof coffee), then eat all the primal food you want, especially fat. Coconut fat helps, it takes the appetite down. It goes away!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    The more you cheat, the longer it typically lasts. Some people don't really notice, or have a bad day or two, but some people struggle for a month or more. Hard to say.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisf12 View Post
    I didn't go through it- I fasted into primal, which may have helped.

Though if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have cut carbs when I started, just shifted them to primal carbs.

PrimalCon New York
    Great forum guys - thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast