Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grain-fed Beef - Eating 2 pounds per day. Dangerous? page 3

BuildingGroks is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I eat about 2lbs of grain-fed value beef mince a day. I counter this with Krill Oil capsules rather than Fish Oil. The astaxanthin in the Krill stops it from going rancid, and the omegas in krill are used more efficiently.

Also, with tinned fish - you are absorbing a lot of bpa's and other toxins from the can.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    I'll consider this, in the near future. I also avoid those cuts with solutions in them, and just find straight up meat.
    I saw an awesome special on pork loin last weekend. It looked beautiful, and for $1.99/lb, I figured why not. I picked it up, tossed a 10 pounder in my cart, verified the label..."contains up to a 12% solution of salt, sugar, etc." I made a completely audible gagging sound, tossed it back on the shelf and walked away shaking my head.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

That's gross, I never even considered checking the labels for packaged meat... any added sugar could feed my ulcerative colitis (which is in remission since Paleo started). Would they add sugar to the beef mince too?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    I will do something no one else does on this forums.

I admit I was wrong.

I assumed it was more calorie dense, and not just more nutrient dense and slower digestion. Thank's for the correction.
    So, you admit you were wrong but want to be sure to point out that you are still better than every one else here? Nice.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuildingGroks View Post
    That's gross, I never even considered checking the labels for packaged meat... any added sugar could feed my ulcerative colitis (which is in remission since Paleo started). Would they add sugar to the beef mince too?
    I think one of the big problems (at least in the US) is that they don't have to put everything on the labels. As long as it is below a certain percentage it is considered to be not present. I think Iread that this is the case for the formaldehyde in orange juice and for the pink slime stuff.

I sincerely hope labeling laws are better in the UK.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I think one of the big problems (at least in the US) is that they don't have to put everything on the labels. As long as it is below a certain percentage it is considered to be not present. I think Iread that this is the case for the formaldehyde in orange juice and for the pink slime stuff.

I sincerely hope labeling laws are better in the UK.
    I very much doubt they are better, we are all lambs for the slaughter to the FDA.

If I lived in the right environment, I would consider hunting for my own food rather than eating what someone else has prepared. Although, the animals in the wild probably have human-made toxins coursing through their bodies which would end up festering in my bowel anyway.

It's a lose-lose situation really lol.

oberges is offline Junior Member
    how can i keep an almost only-animal-foods diet, while eating less protein, because i think im eating too much. and i dont think that eating more tallow/lard/butter than meat/organs is something paleolithic. also i tend to avoid heavy cream, because of pasteurisation.
    by the way how do those meat-eaters used to eat more organs than muscles? because i've heard that hunter-gatherers eat way more organs than muscles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast