Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs View Post
    What would be considered a lot of nuts?....just curious
    more then a handfull a day.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    So either you are eating only lean cuts of meat, which in that case, cook it in fat... or your targets sound off.

Even if you just ate eggs as your protein source and put some butter on your veggies you'd be at 60% fat.
    Yep. I don't go out of my way to add fat to my diet and I'm easily at 60% most days. I cook with enough fat so stuff doesn't stick. I drizzle a little olive oil on my salads. I don't like them really oily. I occasionally throw some butter on my veg. It's not hard. Fat is really calorie dense. It adds up fast.

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Macadamias. Their caloric density is similar to butter, and it's almost all fat.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs View Post
    Is it necessary to eat a handful a day? I haven't been and was wondering if maybe I should.
    Not necessary to eat any at all. I've been munching on one brazil nut most days for my selenium, other then that I usually dont bother. Actually it would be best if your nuts were soaked and dehydrated.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gtidey View Post
    Please give me suggestions for foods which are basically only (or as near to as possible) fat!

I'm living off coconut milk, nuts, olives, olive oil and avocado - help a brother get some variety!

Thx
    I think the reason why you're having trouble finding foods that are high fat but low carb and low protein is because humans aren't made to eat foods that are high fat but low carb and low protein. Grok didn't eat oil. Humanity didn't evolve with oils. Oils are a recent creation, and you're not supposed to just douse real food with empty, isolated fat. All oil is processed food. Don't worry about your macronutrients and start eating real food. You're better off eating chicken breast and sweet potatoes than ribeye steak slathered in a giant pool of butter.

Butter is not food. It's a tool for cooking and a flavoring agent. Treat it like salt and pepper. You wouldn't eat a big bowl of salt and pepper, so why eat hundreds and hundreds of empty calories worth of processed fat? Tomorrow, my lunch is chicken breast and apples.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 03-22-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

primaltreehgr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chocotaco369 View Post
    butter is not food. It's a tool for cooking and a flavoring agent. Treat it like salt and pepper. You wouldn't eat a big bowl of salt and pepper, so why eat hundreds and hundreds of empty calories worth of processed fat?
    yes!

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Butter is not food. It's a tool for cooking and a flavoring agent. Treat it like salt and pepper. You wouldn't eat a big bowl of salt and pepper, so why eat hundreds and hundreds of empty calories worth of processed fat? Tomorrow, my lunch is chicken breast and apples.
    Exactly...!

Is your diet mainly PLANTS and ANIMALS? Or are you using things that are healthy in moderation or used as supplements as dietary staples?

ss14 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I think the reason why you're having trouble finding foods that are high fat but low carb and low protein is because humans aren't made to eat foods that are high fat but low carb and low protein. Grok didn't eat oil. Humanity didn't evolve with oils. Oils are a recent creation, and you're not supposed to just douse real food with empty, isolated fat. All oil is processed food. Don't worry about your macronutrients and start eating real food. You're better off eating chicken breast and sweet potatoes than ribeye steak slathered in a giant pool of butter.

No, you would be better off eating that. You don't speak for everyone. I don't know why you have so much trouble understanding this.

"Butter is not food," GTFO.
    Last edited by ss14; 03-29-2012 at 09:02 AM.

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss14 View Post
    No, you would be better off eating that. You don't speak for everyone. I don't know why you have so much trouble understanding this.

"Butter is not food," GTFO.
    You sure are angry

ss14 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^No one talks about my Kerrygold like that man just did. No one.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast