Thread: Thoughts on Dairy? page

Storme-chan is offline Junior Member

Question Thoughts on Dairy?

Primal Fuel
    Hello there,

I just wanted to know what kinds of dairy should be avoided, or if it should be ruled out completely. What is in dairy that shouldn't be consumed as part of the paleo diet? What about lactose-free dairy?
    I'm new to this diet and I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain this a little to me. Thanks!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Depends on your tolerance levels. I find I'm good on butter, cheese; but I haven't messed with milk in a while. Further, I haven't tested the waters of raw milk.

I'm not sure on my tolerance levels, I've only just started this kind of a diet, but I've never been allergic to it or anything.

If you can obtain raw milk, let us know how that works out. I haven't been actively looking for it, honestly. I love cheese, and butter.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    I stopped drinking regular milk, because it messes with my blood sugar too much, but I still eat butter, cheese, yogurt, and heavy cream, because they taste wonderful and I feel fantastic without eliminating them. I'd love to try raw milk, but haven't found any yet.

Everyone is different. See how you feel with and without it, and decide what works best for you.

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll go without milk, but still have yoghurt, butter and heavy cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Storme-chan View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I think I'll go without milk, but still have yoghurt, butter and heavy cream.
    Make sure the Yogurt is of the full variety.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Northern Europeans seem adapted to dairy, carrying the gene mutation required to product lactase. North Americans coming largely from Northern European stock should also carry this gene adaption. You can be tested to be sure.

Milk is rubbish, and you've no idea where it came from. Cream, too, but at least it's fat. Butter is from cream, but again, if it's organic the likelihood is, it's not been fed antibiotics.

Fermented dairy: yoghurt, soured cream, skyr, kefir, cheeses ... all good in my book. Full fat, of course.