Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast

Thread: Cold Thermogenesis Guidelines/Results page 68

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Primal Fuel
    I did an hour in the tub today. I could only get it down to 60 with three 1/2 gallon milk cartons with ice frozen them. I had quite a bit of trouble getting out of the tub (left leg is inoperative) and had to get the wife to help me out. I will try ice packs next as a means to change up from the showers.

Next I will try my parent's pool that has steps.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    I did an hour in the tub today. I could only get it down to 60 with three 1/2 gallon milk cartons with ice frozen them. I had quite a bit of trouble getting out of the tub (left leg is inoperative) and had to get the wife to help me out. I will try ice packs next as a means to change up from the showers.

Next I will try my parent's pool that has steps.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread56730.html

Sorry, man, meant to post this for you. Check out the new thread.

mikecalm is offline Junior Member
    Hi, My first post here. I was planning to start shower CT ( no bath ) for weeks. Then ... today was the day.
    After hot shower, I just turn this all cold for about 20 s. It was enough for me , but wasn't as bad as expected. Tomorrow morning repeat for a bit longer and so on.

I'm on Paleo + IF. 80 lbs lost in 2 years.

Thanks for very interesting thread !

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecalm View Post
    Hi, My first post here. I was planning to start shower CT ( no bath ) for weeks. Then ... today was the day.
    After hot shower, I just turn this all cold for about 20 s. It was enough for me , but wasn't as bad as expected. Tomorrow morning repeat for a bit longer and so on.
    Fear is your first obstacle and your greatest enemy.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    I found this website and it lists some very interesting benefits of cold showers:

Cold Showers

LJ
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Hi, Finally I just have taken proper cold shower for about 10 minutes. It included
    soaping and so on. It actually wasn't as bad as my first one. Definitelly will carry on with them.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    I just started cold showers after reading about them in The Four Hour Body.

Basically, I wash using warm water as normal, then turn my back to the water so that it's flowing over my neck and upper back, as Ferriss prescribes. I then lower the temperature in stages, a little at a time until I eventually get to the lowest, which is pure cold water. I stay in the same position throughout.

It's interesting how my back acclimatises until I can feel the changes in temperature but the water feels warm otherwise, yet if any trickles down my front, it feels bloody cold.

Anyway, I have noticed some results with the fat burning. I am combining it with thrice-weekly kettlebell swinging so either might be having the effect. Seeing as it's been so refreshing in the heat we've had the last week, I'll probably continue regardless.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Another cold shower ticked ! This time, no warm / hot water before, hands first, then legs , finishing with full
    body shower. I can feel my body is radiating heat now. Going to take it first thing in the morning, and just before bed.

Oh, silent here. I jumped today straight under the shower. Do you guys went through this as fast as me ? The water today seemed much warmer than yesterday. Actually was colder outside, so was water.
    Last edited by mikecalm; 07-29-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Added another day

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    It's been about a year since anyone posted. Well, results, what were your results?
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    I'd really love to hear about people's results also. Who has this worked for? Who has it not? What changes, if any, were experienced?