Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Thermogenesis Guidelines/Results page 67

PeacefulWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    While i have no idea where you are in the cycle i have been very very clear about results in the penis department.
    First stage, shrinkage.
    Second stage Refusal to come out and play
    third stage SuperCock

once you get to the point where you can obtain and maintain an erection in 50-40f water you are ready for the marathon. just make certain she is ready for you.
    Im only about 8-9 days in.
    Noticed the shrinkage. I think I skipped the refusal to come out and play (unless you mean during the cold shower, which I never checked for).
    I will check in the shower if I'm at stage 3. Wifey's going to wonder what the heck I'm doing though ('just checking for SuperCock, Honey)'?

I am only doing cold showers. Have not done any face dunks, or cold baths...

How much harder is it to do a cold bath (I am currently doing a 100% cold shower). A cold bath seems like it would be really hard to do.
    "Your actions speak to me so loud, I can not hear a single word you are saying."

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulWarrior View Post
    Im only about 8-9 days in.
    Noticed the shrinkage. I think I skipped the refusal to come out and play (unless you mean during the cold shower, which I never checked for).
    I will check in the shower if I'm at stage 3. Wifey's going to wonder what the heck I'm doing though ('just checking for SuperCock, Honey)'?

I am only doing cold showers. Have not done any face dunks, or cold baths...

How much harder is it to do a cold bath (I am currently doing a 100% cold shower). A cold bath seems like it would be really hard to do.
    we hates the showers yes precious
    give us the cold baths, no skittering of cold waters on our backsides, just the steady cool.

ok done imitating gollum.

once you settle into the bath total immersion allows your body to stop telling you stuff is happening. with the shower it is constantly saying HEY what was that!!!?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

otzi Guest
    I think it's time to abandon this thread and let it slide onto page 223. Too much name calling, Kruse bashing, spamming and just plain strangeness. I will start a new thread based on Mark's blogs of late. See you there! New thread will be a Kruse/Cronise - free zone. Even though I think what they are doing is awesome and light years ahead of others.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Since I've never been good at blindly following orders... (Kruse groupie accusations aside...)

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sure that is invigorating once you get over the first gasp and yes, you do get acclimated to it over time. I know that is not painful. I didn't say it was. I think what you are doing is very sensible. Outdoor exercise in cold water gives you double bang for your buck as far as weight loss goes because it it exercise plus trying to keep warm.
    The question is then, I guess, where does playing in outdoor cold water turn "insane" and masochistic? 49F? 40? 36? 33?

And at any given temp, if it's "okay" to play in (and gain all the benefits of such, including non-exercise/play related ones), is it "okay" to do that in a tub for all the other, non-exercise/play benefits, when a cold body of water isn't available?

But by extreme cardio, one can turn into an ultra marathon runner too and be capable of amazing things. I think the two are similar in that extreme stress to the body on a regular basis ceases to be a beneficial stress and just devolves into jacked up cortisol and adrenal fatigue.
    Sounds like a reasonable theory. Do we have any factual evidence that this is, or is not, true?

There is a fine line between overcoming pain and getting off on the pain. *Some* people on this thread sound like they have gone over that line. Way over.
    Well, let's ask them; are they in pain? I don't remember any admissions to such, after initial shock. Anticipating exhilaration, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    What is "right away"?
    It was about a week for me, and continued for a few weeks, then I stopped spot icing much. I just forget.

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulWarrior View Post
    I think I skipped the refusal to come out and play (unless you mean during the cold shower, which I never checked for).
    I think this may depend on whether you have stored excess estrogen to release. That does all kinds of weirdness on its way out, for men as well as women.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    we hates the showers yes precious
    LOL, Quelson, you crack me up!

I think it's time to abandon this thread and let it slide onto page 223. Too much name calling, Kruse bashing, spamming and just plain strangeness. I will start a new thread based on Mark's blogs of late. See you there! New thread will be a Kruse/Cronise - free zone. Even though I think what they are doing is awesome and light years ahead of others.
    Otzi, one more post from you here, a link to the new post. I have a sort cut to forum subscritions, so I am not looking in the list of threads anymore. If I have to, I'll hunt you down.

To MamaGrok, you make some very good points, especially about play. When we enter cold water because we choose to, it seems completely different. I fanned Jack Kruse's facebook page when I started reading this thread. He has posted several youtube videos of people doing this practice around the world. One that I was really taken by, shows a Russian mom in a bikini, walking down a snow-shoveled walk to her dock. Then downsome stairs off the end of the dock, to a hole chopped in the ice. She then turned to face the camera and dipped below the water for a few seconds, several times. All this while holding a naked baby! That is how they tolereate their cold.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Anna K. is offline Junior Member
    Great thread, will check out the new one now.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Whoops! I iced my love handles last night and apparently one of the brands ice packs is super cold because I have a bit o frostbite, just a red area on one handle. How long do you ice for?

Also I do not own a tub, just a shower, will cold showers work as well? I could also go down to the river sometimes, water is from the mountains and averages about 51 degrees Fahrenheit.

Does the time really matter?

On Jack Kruse:

I honestly don't understand what all the hoopla is about. Have you ever heard him speak? I listened to him on the Underground Wellness Podcast and Doc Fermento's podcast, and he actually speaks quite well. While he is clearly passionate about his work he also says such things as, "I want you to think my ideas are totally out there and crazy, they are just theories, but they are theories I have found to work with myself and my patients". Perhaps it is because his approaches are more experimental while other Primal/Paleo people are basing everything off of current research. That is on factor I actually like about him, he is willing to do his own experimentation and encourages us to do the same. I will remind everyone that Mark just took that approach with his most recent CT post.

In many ways he is like each of us, searching for answers when CW was clearly not working. He actually has been on the other side of slender, while Mark has always had a six pack.

It is obvious that Kruse's ideas should be considered with the same healthy skepticism that we give anyone in the primal/paleo blogosphere, and disagree with him all we want, but do we really need to bash him? I think not.
    Last edited by me2; 06-07-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    one hour to kill deeper cells. i go the chilibains once when i just did an icewater slurry. hurt like getting beat up in a day or two, it went away after a week... and things began to mely
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    My love handles and belly fat just are tight after spot icing. They're not quite to the painful stage, but I've only done the packs about 4-5 times for 20 minutes each time. However, even contracted muscles are nice, since they do pull in the hanging baggage. I don't know if I've killed any fat cells, bout boy! did I give them a scare ;-)

paisley777 is offline Junior Member

Did it work?

I plan to do the same thing... get a big container. Did it work?

I see you're in Thaiand. Here is SK they don't have many bathtubs in the home either.

Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    I dont like the idea of drinking ice cold water all day, every day, as I believe it can depleat the spleen of energy. It's one of the beliefs of Chinese medicine.

However, I have just bought myself a large plastic storage container. That seems large enough to fit my torso in. My arms and legs will be hanging out, but I can at least lie in it a bit and put ice on my chest. Nuts? Yes! But for those of us with no bath tub and a "cool" shower at best... It might just work!

Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast