Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Thermogenesis Guidelines/Results page 4

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I notice my shivering has changed dramatically. I used to shiver wildly, chattering teeth, muscle spasms, tightly clenched abs. Now it is a very subtle feeling in my chest/stomach area--kind of feels like I've been tickled. No more chattering teeth. It really feels awesome. Have you noticed that, too?
    i have had the sub-shiver experience. it is odd to me how the body changes what it chooses to feel
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    i have had the sub-shiver experience. it is odd to me how the body changes what it chooses to feel
    I've stumbled upon this as well... even though I don't have time for a full bath every day... I need to make time though if i'm going to reverse the inflamation in my body that's showing my arteries are that of a 51yro woman, instead of a 38yo woman... so I'm sure my telemores are effed up right now too!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

maile1 is offline Senior Member
    I had the sub-shiver thing last night, skin temp only got down to 59F so after a 25 min bath I iced a couple of spots and the sub shiver lasted about an hour or so.

ninjas.rawk is offline Member
    I find this process interesting. I am wondering if it would work for someone like me. My 'normal' body tempterature is only 94-95 due to my Lupus, do you think this process could still work for someone like me?

I literally freeze all the time unless it's sunny and 70+ outside and in my house I need to keep it above 75. I feel bad because my kids always say it's hot, but I literally freeze if it's not. Plus I have to have a portable heater at work right on me due to people have the AC on... it sucks.
    Somewhere under all this fat is a strong, healthy, beautiful and sexy woman. The search for her begins now.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I started CT with cold showers (preceded by my regular hot shower), local ice packs and a modified face dunk. I do it in my palms because doing it in the sink triggers a near panic attack for some reason. I also took more walks with less clothing on. This all got me used to colder temps. I started to notice a slight decrease in belly fat where I was icing.

Now, I've build up to cold baths up to my ribcage with an ice pack on my belly and I leave my feet out of the tub. I've noticed a definite reduction in fat in all the submerged areas! I've lost an inch around my belly in a few weeks and I haven't been working out. This is great, because that's the LAST place I lose! I've only lost barely 2 lbs on the scale, though! Diet-wise, I've been following the Leptin Rx guidelines with an emphasis on seafood/fish and I've upped my O3's.

Other benefits I've noticed: insanely soft skin and more color in my face/lips. Better muscle energy/recovery after a CT session and falling asleep more quickly.

Side effects: there have been days that I had very "detox-like" symptoms of loose stools and a bit of fatigue. Nothing major (others have also reported this). I'll probably add some Calcium D-Glucarate and extra liver support to help deal with any estrogen buildup detox that happens.

CT is being used in various forms (like cryotherapy chambers) all throughout Europe and cold hyrdotherapy is an old practice in both European Naturopathy and Ayurveda, so it's really quite old. It's one of those things that has been forgotten about in our comfort-driven modern society.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjas.rawk View Post
    I find this process interesting. I am wondering if it would work for someone like me. My 'normal' body tempterature is only 94-95 due to my Lupus, do you think this process could still work for someone like me?

I literally freeze all the time unless it's sunny and 70+ outside and in my house I need to keep it above 75. I feel bad because my kids always say it's hot, but I literally freeze if it's not. Plus I have to have a portable heater at work right on me due to people have the AC on... it sucks.
    I'd be leery of jumping right in if you have a compromised metabolism (lupus). Maybe if you get your diet right and lupus under control it would be an option.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    If my house is a freezing, rotten piece of crap can I just sit around with my shirt off? Averages around 55 degrees Fahrenheit.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    If my house is a freezing, rotten piece of crap can I just sit around with my shirt off? Averages around 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
    Yes, in fact some people lower their thermostat to 55 degrees and report huge weight loss, at the rate of 200% faster! Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    So glad you've created this thread!!!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Heh. Now I don't know what to think. I've been taking cold showers for awhile, but to be cold all the time?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast