Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Thermogenesis Guidelines/Results page 3

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Kruse is an insane person. Almost nothing in that post above by him makes any actual sense. He is just spouting words like "primordial" and acting like that has a real prescriptive meaning.

I could say the exact opposite of nearly every one of his points and it would make just as much sense and have just as much evidence supporting it, i.e. none whatsoever. I don't know why anyone listens to a word he says. Ugh.
    I go by n=1. Everything he has suggested has worked where nothing else has (I'm talking 20 years of binge-eating and insane carb/sugar-cravings). I don't take anyone's words as gospel, but if their ideas works for me, and it keeps working even better when I try the new "protocols", then yes, I will stick to it.

If you are young and healthy, like I once was, its easy to crap on the things that works for people with both minor and major hormonal issues and lots of weight to lose. Worst case scenario: a person in need tries, and it works; awesome! If it doesn't work, move on. It works for me, and quite amazingly so.

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    I've been taking showers on the coolest setting (it's enough for me to *just* get goosebumps, but it's not freezing) and have been using ice-packs at night whilst watching TV.

After just 4 days of this, I can honestly say I AM BOILING HOT!!! Of course it doesn't help that I live in the tropics anyways, so getting cool is difficult at the best of times, but it has been almost unbearable unless I'm in full-blast air-con all the time.

(And I don't usually like having it on, and try and bear the heat as much as possible usually!)

I can't say that it's had any effect on metabolism, weightless, or anything else yet, but I am DEFINITELY feeling the heat.

primat is offline Junior Member
    I'm doing the Leptin reset rx (for some months) and is about a week into CT. Doing daily baths of 7-8 degrees c in the afternoon for 30ish minutes

Dr. K says to do HIIT for the leptin reset when one becomes leptin sensitive. Then he says Crossfit is not good in the CT "rx". So I'm guessing Crossfit isn't considered HIIT, even when scaled properly. Should I just go back to the primal blueprint regimen with 15 sec sprints? (I can't get telomeres tested).

Huck is offline Senior Member
    Kruse is an insane person. Almost nothing in that post above by him makes any actual sense. He is just spouting words like "primordial" and acting like that has a real prescriptive meaning.

I could say the exact opposite of nearly every one of his points and it would make just as much sense and have just as much evidence supporting it, i.e. none whatsoever. I don't know why anyone listens to a word he says. Ugh.
    And many people are making huge improvements in their health following Dr Kruse's guidelines. How many are improving following yours?
    63 yo male
    Started reset Nov, 2011
    SW: 291
    CW: 230

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by primat View Post
    I'm doing the Leptin reset rx (for some months) and is about a week into CT. Doing daily baths of 7-8 degrees c in the afternoon for 30ish minutes

Dr. K says to do HIIT for the leptin reset when one becomes leptin sensitive. Then he says Crossfit is not good in the CT "rx". So I'm guessing Crossfit isn't considered HIIT, even when scaled properly. Should I just go back to the primal blueprint regimen with 15 sec sprints? (I can't get telomeres tested).
    My opinion is that if you exercise as outlined in Primal Blueprint Fitness, you will be good to go for any situation. I think Crossfit is considered 'chronic cardio' in this sense.
    good luck!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Otzi for this thread.

I dont post as often as i could but this might encourage me to do so

I am up to 70 minutes daily in 48f water still finding benefit from it. but still very cold it is as if it get cold in cycles. first shorter times them longer times
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

otzi Guest
    I edited the first post. I took out the "radical rules" and added some FAQs I gleaned from CT blogs.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    All the people telling me "but his advice works!" are missing my point. I never said his plan doesn't work. I said he comes off as a crazy person, and his reasoning makes no sense. He may have stumbled across an effective protocol that works for people, but I just can't read anything he writes without thinking of Timecube (no, I don't think he's that bad).
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Thanks Otzi for this thread.

I dont post as often as i could but this might encourage me to do so

I am up to 70 minutes daily in 48f water still finding benefit from it. but still very cold it is as if it get cold in cycles. first shorter times them longer times
    I notice my shivering has changed dramatically. I used to shiver wildly, chattering teeth, muscle spasms, tightly clenched abs. Now it is a very subtle feeling in my chest/stomach area--kind of feels like I've been tickled. No more chattering teeth. It really feels awesome. Have you noticed that, too?

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    All the people telling me "but his advice works!" are missing my point. I never said his plan doesn't work. I said he comes off as a crazy person, and his reasoning makes no sense. He may have stumbled across an effective protocol that works for people, but I just can't read anything he writes without thinking of Timecube (no, I don't think he's that bad).
    DUDE what the hell was that website. I am scared to spend time attempting to read it for fear i will go blind and perhaps catatonic.

Yes if i misunderstood you forgive me. He is a bit well spastic is the only word that comes to mind.

I do follow him most of the time and i guess i am crazy to for his investigational logic seems to gel for me.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast