Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Thermogenesis Guidelines/Results page 21

otzi Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    I went through a lot of posts to find this information. LOL.

Thanks otzi. I think I can give it a try and see how it goes.
    I have talked with Ray Cronise a few times--he gets really frustrated because this works really well and is stupid simple, but yet people want to make it difficult and demand 'proof'.

If there were a way to measure your metabolic rate or BAT before&after a cold treatment, people would be like-whoa!

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post

If there were a way to measure your metabolic rate or BAT before&after a cold treatment, people would be like-whoa!
    But there is a way... respirometry - physiology labs use this technique all the time. Have you checked pubmed for articles?

I did just jump to page 21 of this thread... sorry if this has all been covered already!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I have talked with Ray Cronise a few times--he gets really frustrated because this works really well and is stupid simple, but yet people want to make it difficult and demand 'proof'.

I'm a pure capitalist, but a portion(maybe even a big portion) of why people are likely skeptical of Cronise is because his site's behind a pay-wall. Doing so simply dramatically limits your reach on the Internet, and especially in the Paleo-sphere. Same thing with Art DeVany and (to an extent) Berkahn. Culturally, the Internet Paleo-sphere rewards information and promotion first and compensation much later. It's why Mark simply destroys every other site combined for page hits, and it 's not close. And the next several sites down are also free. With so many people giving information for free, charging for it becomes an illogically high barrier to people. Again, I'm not saying it's right(far from it) just that it is.

I've been trying out some cold showers, and they aren't as miserable as I expected! Recovery time seems moderately improved, though there are co-factors. Metabolism may be somewhat higher, but that will probably need a longer period to be established. Hunger didn't increase as much as I expected.

If CT is proven to increase metabolism and longevity, I think it would be the first thing ever to do both? Usually they are seen as mutually exclusive, like CRON.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    I'm a pure capitalist, but a portion(maybe even a big portion) of why people are likely skeptical of Cronise is because his site's behind a pay-wall.
    You don't have to pay to view his blogs or comment on them. Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn He asks you to sign up, and the only email I ever got from that was a notification of a new blog post. He has a 'please donate' box off to the side, but from what I hear he's come up with a way to make some money (sponsors?, book?) so maybe he will start trying to attract more people to his site.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    You don't have to pay to view his blogs or comment on them. Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn He asks you to sign up, and the only email I ever got from that was a notification of a new blog post. He has a 'please donate' box off to the side, but from what I hear he's come up with a way to make some money (sponsors?, book?) so maybe he will start trying to attract more people to his site.
    Huh, I just assumed when I saw "sign up" it was a pay deal. That's pretty cool, I'll have to check it out.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Huh, I just assumed when I saw "sign up" it was a pay deal. That's pretty cool, I'll have to check it out.
    He answers all comments to his blogs, but doesn't seem to monitor the older blogs. He is very passionate about cold as an obesity tool, but never makes any of the Kruse-type claims on longevity or whatever.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I've walked outside in the cold a few times, taken a few cold showers, just iced my thighs for 45 minutes...... also tried to sleep without covers most of last night. My inner thighs look better already, think this is all around a very healthy thing to do.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Well, this morning was about the fourth time I did a face dunk. I noticed something different today. The longer my face was submerged, the more 'pleasant' it became. I then showered with cooler water than I normally set it at, with a stepped decrease in the water temperature. I was in a hurry , so I did not languish in the step down in temperature. I did have time after the shower to sit for twenty minutes with an ice pack on my belly, and that was not bad either.

I want to read what Ray Cronise says about the steps to do CT as he sees it, but his articles at his website seem to promise that info, but not deliver it. Which article should I go to?
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Otzi: you inspired me. I had to get rid of 3' of snow on my roof last weekend. Sunny. High 20s. So I got shoveling and before long peeled off my shirt. Good vitamin D dose, good cold air on lots of skin. The neighbors are ready to have me committed.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I love this, best thing I've done for myself in years. Jack Kruse, what a genius.

Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast