Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Thermogenesis Guidelines/Results page 20

localad is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    'Micro CT'. Get that cold signal straight to the core. Only one ice cube needed!
    Last edited by localad; 03-16-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by localad View Post
    'Micro CT'. Get that cold signal straight to the core. Only one ice cube needed!
    Not sure if you are joking or not, but driking ice water all day is actually a good way to increase your metabolism to the tune of 200-300 extra calories burned per day. Use finely crushed ice and swallow the ice along with the water.

If you are implying something else...which I think you may be...then i'll use the words of the great icarianVX..."F--- that"
    Last edited by otzi; 03-16-2012 at 04:44 PM.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Not sure if you are joking or not, but driking ice water all day is actually a good way to increase your metabolism to the tune of 200-300 extra calories burned per day. Use finely crushed ice and swallow the ice along with the water.

If you are implying something else...which I think you may be...then i'll use the words of the great icarianVX..."Fuck that"
    Do you mean calories or kilocalories?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    Do you mean calories or kilocalories?
    Kilocalories. I got that from Ray Cronise' site Thermogenex - Fuel the Burn He is a big fan of drinking ice water, with ice cubes, all day long.

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    I dont like the idea of drinking ice cold water all day, every day, as I believe it can depleat the spleen of energy. It's one of the beliefs of Chinese medicine.

However, I have just bought myself a large plastic storage container. That seems large enough to fit my torso in. My arms and legs will be hanging out, but I can at least lie in it a bit and put ice on my chest. Nuts? Yes! But for those of us with no bath tub and a "cool" shower at best... It might just work!

Trina68 is offline Junior Member
    If you are genetically normative, or if your parents and grand parents were, if your mom skipped the formula class and gave you tit then you may not need a word he says.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    From a personal perspective: fuck that.
    As I get older I am hating the cold more and more. There are other ways to be healthy and un-fat. This is just a tool in the ol' tool-box. A tool I won't use because it is too painful.
    I hate the cold too but have become an indoors couch potato as I've gotten older. Think this cold thing is the missing key.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I hate the cold too but have become an indoors couch potato as I've gotten older. Think this cold thing is the missing key.
    Here's my take on all this:
    These are the facts-
    - Most of us don't experience cold, especially not repeated, chronic cold (whatever that is)
    - Short, isolated cold exposures cause activity in Brown Adipose tissue (BAT)
    - Chronic cold exposure causes BAT to grow and can change WAT to BAT (known as BRITE)
    - BAT is metabolically active, using energy at a high caloric rate, even when you are not cold
    - Having a large BAT store will cause you to be a calorie burning machine, normalizes blood glucose, insulin resistance, leptin resistance, and increases human growth hormone and testosterone.
    - Since soaking your feet in 45 degree water for 5 minutes activates BAT, as seen on PET scan studies, it makes me believe that cold therapy can be as simple as a cold daily shower, daily ice packs anywhere on the body for as long as you like, or any other method that increases your exposure to cold.
    - Not doing this cold exposure is perfectly fine, sort of like I would never presume to tell someone they HAVE to exercise or eat a certain way, but if you want to try something--cold is fairly easy and has several proven, well-studied benefits.

Later!

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Here's my take on all this:
    These are the facts-
    - Most of us don't experience cold, especially not repeated, chronic cold (whatever that is)
    - Short, isolated cold exposures cause activity in Brown Adipose tissue (BAT)
    - Chronic cold exposure causes BAT to grow and can change WAT to BAT (known as BRITE)
    - BAT is metabolically active, using energy at a high caloric rate, even when you are not cold
    - Having a large BAT store will cause you to be a calorie burning machine, normalizes blood glucose, insulin resistance, leptin resistance, and increases human growth hormone and testosterone.
    - Since soaking your feet in 45 degree water for 5 minutes activates BAT, as seen on PET scan studies, it makes me believe that cold therapy can be as simple as a cold daily shower, daily ice packs anywhere on the body for as long as you like, or any other method that increases your exposure to cold.
    - Not doing this cold exposure is perfectly fine, sort of like I would never presume to tell someone they HAVE to exercise or eat a certain way, but if you want to try something--cold is fairly easy and has several proven, well-studied benefits.

Later!
    I went through a lot of posts to find this information. LOL.

Thanks otzi. I think I can give it a try and see how it goes.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

mtnjim is offline Junior Member
    good points all hazyJ. pretty much sums up my feelings about the good Dr. K. and that interview with Sean was pretty easy to follow...:-)

Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    He doesn't even claim to be Paleo at this point. He would agree with your point completely

Here's the thing: his writing can be difficult to decipher and grammar is NOT his forte, but those of us who interact with him on a regular basis here and on Facebook have gotten a lot more clarification on his views.
    Yes, he's in your face, but he also encourages lab testing and experimentation. So, you can pretty much assume that you only have a faint surface understanding of his concepts unless you've really had some back and forth with the guy!

I see so many people criticizing (which is fine) and making assumptions based on outright misunderstanding/ignorance of his actual views (which is not fine). Case in point: I see people in the blogosphere calling him "very low carb" which is very inaccurate since he himself eats up to 300 gms of carbs around the Summer Solstice. They haven't bothered to ask him. Or, they take the Leptin Rx and assume it's a permanent way of eating.

His recent interview w/ Sean Croxton last week is a lot easier to understand than his writing is and he comes across a lot more gentle and laid-back than in his writing style (here it is if anyone wants to listen: Cold Thermogenesis with Dr. Jack Kruse 03/08 by Underground Wellness | Blog Talk Radio).

Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast