Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Thermogenesis Guidelines/Results page 19

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I know it's a pain to register somewhere else and learn the threads all over, but you're asking for info that's either a) already here on this forum (and in some cases, this very thread), or b) is currently and continually being updated at the new location.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Could you just put your feet in icewater? I don't have a bath.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

OMG how dare you call me a troll. LOL. I AM FOR REAL!
    82308d1317975289-angelina-jolie-angelina-jolie-photos.jpg

otzi Guest
    If anyone supplements with melatonin or considering it, this may be of interest.

Significance and application of melatonin in the regulation of brown adipose tissue metabolism: relation to human obesity - Tan - 2010 - Obesity Reviews - Wiley Online Library

A worldwide increase in the incidence of obesity indicates the unsuccessful battle against this disorder. Obesity and the associated health problems urgently require effective strategies of treatment. The new discovery that a substantial amount of functional brown adipose tissue (BAT) is retained in adult humans provides a potential target for treatment of human obesity. BAT is active metabolically and disposes of extra energy via generation of heat through uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation in mitochondria. The physiology of BAT is readily regulated by melatonin, which not only increases recruitment of brown adipocytes but also elevates their metabolic activity in mammals. It is speculated that the hypertrophic effect and functional activation of BAT induced by melatonin may likely apply to the human. Thus, melatonin, a naturally occurring substance with no reported toxicity, may serve as a novel approach for treatment of obesity. Conversely, because of the availability of artificial light sources, excessive light exposure after darkness onset in modern societies should be considered a potential contributory factor to human obesity as light at night dramatically reduces endogenous melatonin production. In the current article, the potential associations of melatonin, BAT, obesity and the medical implications are discussed

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Can someone who's read Kruse/Cronise tell me why this oxidation is good when we usually avoid oxidation like the plague? I'm not doubting it, I just want to know the why here.

I did it- got up and walked for almost 30 minutes in 40 degree weather. Although I haven't been able to slog through many of Dr. Kruse's blog entries this is pretty much must read-
    THE HOLY TRINITY: CT-4 - Jack Kruse
    Totally gobsmacked. Yeah really- carbs are the devil 3/4 of the year and being warm adapted messes you up & ages you.

I did it- got up and walked for almost 30 minutes in 40 degree weather. Although I haven't been able to slog through many of Dr. Kruse's blog entries this is pretty much must read-
    THE HOLY TRINITY: CT-4 - Jack Kruse
    Totally gobsmacked. Yeah really- carbs are the devil 3/4 of the year and being warm adapted messes you up & ages you.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    From a personal perspective: fuck that.
    As I get older I am hating the cold more and more. There are other ways to be healthy and un-fat. This is just a tool in the ol' tool-box. A tool I won't use because it is too painful.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    My journal has a lot of info as well as the Leptin thread. I don't know if my whole story is in one single place though and i am horrible at collating all that information in one place.

I have been big from birth. Something happened and my research leads me to believe that it caused my epilepsy as well as my relentless weight gain. My parents were each abusive in different ways. My mother beat me bloody daily for 17 years while my father expressed his disappointment in my abilities as a male and a son and the fact that i had the audacity to continue to breath.

All my childhood i was teased about my weight from Head Start onward. By the time i was 10 years old I had come to realize that i was the heaviest child in my family as i had surpassed my older cousin. This was a dark day in my head and i began to take measures to manage my weight from that point onward.

My most used method was calorie restriction and exercise but by the time i was 15 it was obvious that i was failing as my manboobs began to form. Today i know i was hormonally screwed but then i assumed i was just not working hard enough. I worked harder until i was 35 and then gave into despair. I began to eat and eat and eat. I was already 480 so why did it matter. Then i noticed something odd. i ate until i could not walk and then did it again and i did that for 10 months and gained 20 pounds..... Actually a slower rate of gain than i was used to.

I was totally confused. and crazy with desperation. Then some truly random stranger handed me the paper Pounds and Inches and I did it... i dont complicate matters. I dropped over 150 pounds but then it stopped working, but i never do so i found MDA and then Jack Kruse.

Things are not working the way I want them to, anyone who reads me long enough knows that , but impartially i note that I am not gaining outrageously and that my muscle mass is increasing.

There is a slice of my story. Hope you find it valuable
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast