Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Thermogenesis Guidelines/Results page 12

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    Very cool! Pardon the pun.

I've noticed one major difference in my eating habits since starting CT. I wake up in the mornings ravenously hungry... most unusual for me, since my entire life I've almost nearly always skipped breakfast.

What an amazing learning curve this is! And, I'm really surprised at how I look forward to it.

One question I still have though...

shouldnt we be using CT to imitate winter? In other words, should it only be something we do for a 'season' rather than all year round?
    It depends on what you're trying to do... me I'm trying to reverse some serious damage from inflammation to my arteries (I'm 38yo - and my arteries have an age of 51!) weight loss would be nice too- but my focus is the reduction of inflammation...which will extend life
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    Very cool! Pardon the pun.

I've noticed one major difference in my eating habits since starting CT. I wake up in the mornings ravenously hungry... most unusual for me, since my entire life I've almost nearly always skipped breakfast.

What an amazing learning curve this is! And, I'm really surprised at how I look forward to it.

One question I still have though...

shouldnt we be using CT to imitate winter? In other words, should it only be something we do for a 'season' rather than all year round?
    If you need to lose a lot of weight or reverse an illness, than you can do extended CT and eventually switch to seasonal, which is what Dr. Kruse does (though he's extending his CT through summer this year for an N=1).

John Nugent is offline Junior Member
    I re-read Jack Kruse over and over again. He makes sense and bases all his advice on personal experimentation and the results he achieves applying his scientific knowledge in his neurosurgical practice. He is at the cutting edge and is a great man. Ignore and ridicule him at your peril.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Nugent View Post
    I re-read Jack Kruse over and over again. He makes sense and bases all his advice on personal experimentation and the results he achieves applying his scientific knowledge in his neurosurgical practice. He is at the cutting edge and is a great man. Ignore and ridicule him at your peril.

This we dont need LOL

Jack is smart and he brings stuff to light, but he will be the first to say challange everyone and everything who talks to you.

Dont worship him, he already "knows" he is right" and his head needs to be able to fit on an airplane.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I want to try this, but I find the reading really tough to get through. Do I really just start by plunging my face in to a bowl of cold water once a day? What benefits am I supposed to see from this? What time of the day?

I've tried finishing my showers with cool water for a few days. Is that supposed to do anything?
    I don't think the face-plunge is mandatory, especially if you live somewhere cold to begin with. It is supposed to help get your body used to the cold, especially if you want to go for some hardcore ice-baths.

If you have a lot of weight to lose, anything you can do to make your environment colder will help increase your metabolism. Consider wearing no coat if it's cold where you are, turning your house thermostat down, drinking lots of ice water, and exposing yourself to cold water when showering.

Any time you are in temps colder than 72 degrees, your internal thermostat will increase it's metabolic rate, burning more calories. Water is more conductive than air and will cool you down faster. With prolonged exposure to cold, you will activate your brown fat which burns calories to keep you warm. I'm not guessing or making this up--it's real! Click on a couple links provided by me and others.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Now it makes sense why CT left me feeling hungry. I do it after dinner, then go to bed. Gives me 12 hours to burn white fat before my HAB.

wthiswrongwithme is offline Junior Member
    Just started CT. I haven't posted much either. Has anyone noticed a drop in blood pressure?

I have high blood pressure due to weight/PCOS. For some reason, out of all of my issues, this one bothers me the most. Guess I just always thought only "old people" had high blood pressure. I am just starting to my eating habits under control.

The other night after CT for 60 mins. (80 degree water for now), my blood pressure was 115 over 79!! YAY! It typically runs 140-150 over 90-110. 24 hours later though, it climbed back up to its elevated state.

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    In my own personal experience with CT, I live in Fairbanks, Alaska with 6 months of darkness and sub-zero temperatures at my disposal. This winter, I started doing work-outs in very cold temps wearing only shorts, shoes, gloves and hat. At first, I would shiver very easily and could not stand more than 5-10 minutes at zero or below. After several weeks, I can easily withstand 30-60 minutes at zero to -20. This helped me break through a plateau I'd hit last fall and my body radiates heat for hours afterwards. I have not tried ice baths or cool water swimming, but I have turned down my house thermostat and started taking cooler showers in the morning.

I have been measuring my skin surface temp with an infrared thermometer. At first, 5-10 minutes of exposure in 0 degree air would result in skin temp of 55-60 deg (measured on forearm). After 4 weeks, 30 minutes of exposure in 0 degree air results in skin temp of 75-80 deg. Skin temp in 75 degree air is approx 85-95 deg for comparison.

A physiological change has definitely occured to my metabolism.
    Love this!
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wthiswrongwithme View Post
    Just started CT. I haven't posted much either. Has anyone noticed a drop in blood pressure?

I have high blood pressure due to weight/PCOS. For some reason, out of all of my issues, this one bothers me the most. Guess I just always thought only "old people" had high blood pressure. I am just starting to my eating habits under control.

The other night after CT for 60 mins. (80 degree water for now), my blood pressure was 115 over 79!! YAY! It typically runs 140-150 over 90-110. 24 hours later though, it climbed back up to its elevated state.
    I haven't measured my own BP (which runs a little low) but I notice that my heart rate definitely slows and I get very calm.
    What happens is that cool baths trigger the parasympathetic nervous response, so elevated PB, heart rate and stress hormones will quickly drop. I'll bet you have sympathetic dominance going on in your brain that is contributing to your high PB.
    A cool bath is a great time to do deep belly breathing to really amp up the parasympathetic response

Dextery is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wthiswrongwithme View Post

Oh yes, people have seen decreases in blood pressure. You have to also eat a paleo ketogenic diet with absolutely no grains of any kind and no sugar of any kind and you must limit fruit as it is also loaded with sugar If you marry the leaky gut prescription with the Leptin Prescription protocol and you CT...you have the best of all worlds.

Become a very knowledgeable student of Leaky gut and Leptin and CT...so much so that if you were to take a test on them you would ace them. Do not settle for a C or a B. Go for the A+ in your health.

How you approach this with your mindset will determine how successful you will be. Do it half assed and you will get exactly what you deserve.
    Last edited by Dextery; 03-14-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast