Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Thermogenesis Guidelines/Results page 10

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    A question for anyone who's been at this for a while and lifts...

How are your lifts progressing? Is CT making you stronger? Jack Kruse makes it sound like you'll be superhuman...lol
    Just want some verification on that aspect of CT since it's the most interesting part of it to me.
    My lifts are increasing week by week, and incredibly so. I've been spot-CTing for a month, but plan on proper submerges now. I need to up my game!

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I'm a bodyweight kinda guy. My LHT consists of pullups, dips, squats, and pushups. Since starting CT this winter, I have been able to increase my pullups from 10-15 max to 25-30 max. Not saying CT will turn you into a superhuman, but it doesn't hurt, either. Lance Armstrong and Michael Phelps both use CT to increase athletic potential--see where it got them?
    True. For being a girl that only spend 20 min in the gym 3-4 days a week, I've had incredible fat-loss, and as far as I can see, muscle is coming out to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    HAHAHA... I would join you in your 55 degree house! DH keeps jacking up the thermostat to like 68! I keep turning it down...this is a FIRST in our relationship!!! for the First time in my life I'm hot all the time... I look fwd to my Spot CT sessions after bkfst... and my baths when I can get them in in the evenings after the kiddos have gone to bed.

Question for those who've been CTing a while - have you seen any changes in your sex drive? mine for a while were all over the place, but insync w/my cycle - now my drive has kinda plateaued... Definitely hormone related... And while I started BHRT I don't think 3days is enough to impact this... any thoughts???
    My drive went to hell. Iwas already high in estradiol, but CT released even more estrogen into my blood. With a sluggish liver, the end result was bloating, extremely snappy mood, tears, depression and zero sex drive. The excess estrogen has been driven out thanks to supplements and liver support, but it took about 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    I just don't think calling it paleo is appropriate.

I could supplement with testosterone and it would make me achieve my goals faster with minimal risk. That doesn't make it paleo.
    He calls it Optimal. Paleo is the dietary platform he recommends as you start off. And he cites everything at the end of each blog-post.

My TOM is far lighter than it's ever been now that I CT. My time has come for submerges, I'm thinking 3-5 times weekly. I have hypo thyroid symptoms slowly surfacing and I won't to fix it. Obviously spot-CT ain't enough for someone like. Belly/waist/back shrinking though.

Another thing I've noticed; the veins on my lower arms/hands are really popping out. I don't actually spot-CT them, but I do work out my arms pretty hard in the gym.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I want to try this, but I find the reading really tough to get through. Do I really just start by plunging my face in to a bowl of cold water once a day? What benefits am I supposed to see from this? What time of the day?

I've tried finishing my showers with cool water for a few days. Is that supposed to do anything?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I want to try this, but I find the reading really tough to get through. Do I really just start by plunging my face in to a bowl of cold water once a day? What benefits am I supposed to see from this? What time of the day?

I've tried finishing my showers with cool water for a few days. Is that supposed to do anything?
    I went straight to spot-CT without plunging my face. Was surprisingly easy. You'll find body fat melting, and sleep improving. Also massive gains in the gym. Some detox tobe expected, I was a pimply, hormonal mess for the first 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    I went straight to spot-CT without plunging my face. Was surprisingly easy. You'll find body fat melting, and sleep improving. Also massive gains in the gym. Some detox tobe expected, I was a pimply, hormonal mess for the first 2-3 weeks.
    So can I do this right now before bed or will I be up all night then?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

thaijinx is offline Senior Member

jammies, this is what I've been doing too. I takie a lukewarm shower (shampooing and soaping) then, at the end, turning the dial down to it's coldest setting - it's not freezing, but enough to give me gosebumps and feels 'fresh'. Once there, I time myself in increasing minutes, to stay in longer each day. I found it difficult at first, though walking on the spot and loud breathing helped, LOL.

Now I can take it just fine! It's amazing how quickly I have adapted to it! (Mind you, I am NOT in winter, and I don't have freezing cold water!)

I haven't been doing the face plunge, because my tap water just isn't cold enough, but I do put my face in to the cool shower, and put ice-packs on myself whilst watching TV at night.

One of the most obvious things that I've noticed is that I am HOT all DAY long!!! (I'm already in a hot country, so I don't know if this is necessary a good thing, in terms of my comfort levels, LOL, but for anyone in a cold climate I would imagine it would be great!

So can I do this right now before bed or will I be up all night then?
    It increases DHEA so you find you'll get extremely sleepy and fall asleep within 5-10 min after going to bed. I do my sessions between 8 and 9 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    jammies, this is what I've been doing too. I takie a lukewarm shower (shampooing and soaping) then, at the end, turning the dial down to it's coldest setting - it's not freezing, but enough to give me gosebumps and feels 'fresh'. Once there, I time myself in increasing minutes, to stay in longer each day. I found it difficult at first, though walking on the spot and loud breathing helped, LOL.

Now I can take it just fine! It's amazing how quickly I have adapted to it! (Mind you, I am NOT in winter, and I don't have freezing cold water!)

I haven't been doing the face plunge, because my tap water just isn't cold enough, but I do put my face in to the cool shower, and put ice-packs on myself whilst watching TV at night.

One of the most obvious things that I've noticed is that I am HOT all DAY long!!! (I'm already in a hot country, so I don't know if this is necessary a good thing, in terms of my comfort levels, LOL, but for anyone in a cold climate I would imagine it would be great!
    I am freezing cold all the time for the last year or so - so I would LOVE to start generating a little heat!! That alone is enough reason to stick with it

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    It increases DHEA so you find you'll get extremely sleepy and fall asleep within 5-10 min after going to bed. I do my sessions between 8 and 9 pm.
    Thanks! I guess I'll go grab a couple ice pack right now.

BTW - I just noticed today that your user name is Glamorama - I always thought it was GlamorMama! Ooops!

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast