Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non primal discussions? page

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I was wondering if there was a place to post non-primal stuff here. I had a LOVELY (sarcasm) experience at work and wanted to ask you all if I handled it properly. The PBers are great people, and I could def use some input here.

On second thought, maybe it was primal b/c my fight or flight response def kicked in.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Nick Guest

I don't personally have a problem with entertaining stories, regardless of off-topic-ness. Try to change the ending of the story so you kill and eat whoever was giving you trouble though (I wonder if you could make a type of pemmican with Torgo's Executive Powder?).

alejandro Guest

It would be great to have a section of the forum to talk about all things outside the PB.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

i agree. We all get along so well it would be nice to have an off-topic section of the forum

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Karin Guest

What was the lovely experience?

Miriam Guest

Tara go ahead and share it with us.

Perhaps we could have a “Rant” section, just to let off steam about things in general.

RogerDeRok is offline Member

There's also the facebook group for those on facebook, a few of you guys have added me there already.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

roger thanks for pointing that out. I had no idea. Just joined.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Okay here goes:

I am a server at a restaurant until I finish my Masters. During these times at work, I am challenged in many ways by the often infantile belittling of subordinates that the customers seem to thrust my way (Im the sub, btw).

Case in point: Had a table of 8 last night. Good people, in general an okay table except for one couples attitude. Whatev, I can deal with grumpy, I just put a smile on. BUT... I can’t deal with crazy! While I was at another table, he comes up behind me and interrupts my table and tells me he is ready for his check (I had JUST delivered dessert). I tell him Ill have it right over to him. Bring it. They pay. I return the credit receipt. Right after I set the receipt down and tell them to have a good night and thanks for coming in... the wife tells me something.

Me: “Thanks so much for coming in tonight, have a good one!"

Wife: “Excuse me."

Me: "Yes ma’am?"

Wife: “I just wanted to inform you that while you were over there *points to other table where hubby interrupted me* you touched my husband inappropriately and it made him extremely uncomfortable."

Me: “Thank you ma’am, Ill try to keep that in mind in the future." *Meanwhile husband is looking other way and refuses to even look at me.*

WHAT IM REALLY THINKING while fight or flight is kicking in: “Are you out of your effing mind?! You mean when YOUR husband came up BEHIND ME and INTERRUPTED me while I am WORKING at my JOB?!?!?!"

I seriously wanted to (insert something mean and cruel here that I don’t want to write on a public forum) her. Lets just say I wanted to get primal on her ass! I really wish I would have said something cleverer like "I did no such thing, but I am sorry that you think that happened. Maybe you should talk to your husband." or "Sir? Do you feel that I did that?" But no! I was all sugar and candy! Grrr! Needless to say, the $7 tip was $0. The other 6 people were very nice to me and thought that the wife was nuts and basically said they aren’t coming out with her again! The other 6 and I decided that there were some serious jealousy issues and stories have to be fabricated to fill in the need. Lol.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Ecala is offline Junior Member

PrimalCon New York

OMG that's bizarre! LOL What a nutjob. Obviously Crazy and DH have some issues.

I think your response

"Thank you ma’am, Ill try to keep that in mind in the future."

Was perfect. It probably infuriated her even more She was probably expecting something from a more defensive response from you. Sounds like you "killed" her with primal kindness. She hates you even more now! LOL

Wouldn't ya have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall on their ride home?! hahaha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast