Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Primate!!!??? page

FourStringWiz Guest

Hey guys and gals. Just wanted to say hey. I'm a longtime reader and longtime yoyo dieter. Just a lil info. I'm a Firefighter/EMT/Musician/Fitness Trainer/Father of 2/Husband...in no particular order! I'm a big guy at 6'4" and 268. I've been 220lbs to 280lbs in my adult lifetime. Always up and down. The only thing I have had in common with this lifestyle is the fact that I've always been interested, but scared of the commitment. Other than that I had a brief experience with the TNT Diet which I lost 30lbs on but gained right back when my 2nd son was born. Finally, enough is enough.

So....I am ready to commit...wholeheartedly. I've been reading the 101 for awhile now, so I'm trying to not ask too many ignorant questions. Honestly I'm looking for suggestions.

1. I'm having trouble getting veggies into my breakfast? Any tips?

2. I really want to do the Big Ass Salad for lunch, but I'm a little worried about the dressing. I like EVOO, but I've never really been a huge fan of vinegar. Plain ole' EVOO by itself doesn't sound too appetizing on a salad. Any suggestions on basic recipes? I visited that section of the page, but I feel just a tad overwhelmed.

3. I just had an MRI and found a labral tear in my left shoulder so needless to say, I won't be lifting for awhile. How much should I step up my cardio to achieve the weightloss that I need. I've never really "not lifted." I really would love to see 220 again sometime soon.

Well, thanks for everyones time. I'm very excited to start this journey. It may be rough, because I know my wife and children(3 and 8 months) wont adapt to it.(Unless I can inspire them(her) with serious results that is.) Not too mention the guys at the firehouse. The book is on the way and heading to the grocery in the morning to load up. Wish me luck.

jacsuza is offline Member

#2 - Oil + wine vinegar + good mustard = pretty darn good salad dressing. Put some mustard in a small bowl, add the vinegar and combine. Add in the olive oil, stir constantly to combine and enjoy. Proportions? About 1-2 tbsp mustard, enough vinegar to make it kind of liquidy, and olive oil to taste (lots!)

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member

Bacon vinagarette? Just like a regular vinagarette except you use bacon fat instead of EVOO

brian7972 Guest

Er. Bacon fat? Seriously? You know it hardens to a butter like consistency at room temp, right? Or am I missing something?

Lord Giakoumis Guest

1)You can put some garlic,peppers,tomatoes,onion and other veggies in a frying pan with some butter/coconut oil and there you go,you have some veggies what does your breakfast consist of?

2)You can try making some greek tzatziki which is a combo of yogurt,olive oil,basil and garlic or onion.google it!also google tahini salad dressing since its also very very good!

3)If you are 268 lbs then simply going primal,keeping your carbs under 100 and avoiding grains/sweets I think that your body will lose the extra pounds really fast.For cardio try walking for some time every day and maybe do some basic bodyweight exercises like squats,lunges,step ups!

Consistency consistency and again consistency.After a bulimic shock I had last week I decided to try it for real this time.With serious workouts and eating primal(not counting ANYTHING) I went from 86kg to 82 in only one week!Primal rules I tell ya!

Mom2DisneyGirl Guest

1) great with eggs for breakfast....throw some fresh spinach into your pan after you make your eggs with some sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil. Cook for not even a minute (just wilting spinach a bit). Yum!!!

2) The greek tzatziki is a good option. I like that too. I also do the Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette. If you really don't like vinegar, you can subsitute the vinegar acidity for the acid in citrus like fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Here's my 2 cents on your questions.

1. Don't worry too much about eating lots of veggies at breakfast if you don't really feel like it. You can always put peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc into an omelet. When I was in college, I would often just heat up some frozen stir fry mix and top it with some fried eggs for breakfast.

2. When I get tired of plain olive oil + vinegar, I make a pesudo caesar dressing with olive oil, egg yolk, mustard, and lemon juice. Tzatziki is also delcious as everyone else has mentioned, but requires a little more prep work than just the mixing that most salad dresssings require.

3. For cardio you can just walk alot, or if you're feeling up to it, try some sprints or some other HIIT.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Welcome!

1. Frittatas and crustless quiches are good ways to get veggies into a "breakfasty" meal. They re-heat well (and some people like them cold) so they're a good option for making ahead. Also, don't be afraid to eat non-traditional breakfasts. I almost always have a BAS for breakfast. Today, I had 3 eggs scrambled with beef sausage, and a big pile of steamed veggies with butter.

2. 2 parts olive oil, 1 part lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. For variety, try adding anything from cinnamon to tarragon.

3. Walk, hike, sprint, do air squats (Tabata style!), situps, jump rope if your shoulder is up to it.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

I had the same problem. All I do is chop garlic, squeeze a lemon, pepper and salt my oil of choice (I like grapeseed oil!) and just a bit of red wine vinegar. It's tasty and mild and incredible with tuna

And it fits my lazy style because it take less than a minute.

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

1. You don't have to have 'em if you don't want 'em. Work them into your other meals if you prefer.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast