Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Primal Journal (sjmc) page 5

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've been lazy about eating, very fringe primal. Still eating once a day, but it's just a habit now. Now that my feet are better (I didn't break them! yes!) I'm going to get back into running. It just feels good. And it's getting warmer now, hopefully I'll get myself outside more. And I have a new pair of Saucony Hattoris in that sick icy blue on the way. My current pair has a hole in the bottom. Li-trally a hole straight through.

I have also just recently gotten the guts to lift with a barbell at the gym. I have said guts as long as there's no one else around, basically, which I need to work on. I still haven't really tried to deadlift. They have weightlifting help sessions just about every day at my gym, and I feel weird about going since I took this weightlifting class and skipped out after the third one (I didn't know it would be olympic lifting, which I'm not really interested in, for now). But I know the trainers don't actually care, and they'd just be glad to help me, yada yada. This is the same thing I tell my mom when she worries about what her old trainer will think when she turns up at the gym after being absent for months at a time. <--I'm a hypocrite.

Anyway, I started extremely conservatively on the squat -- ahem, just the bar -- since I was worried about form. My legs were still wrecked the next day. Two sessions later and I did 45 kg (99 lbs) this morning. I think I might be some kind of freak w.r.t. OHP because I'm at 35 kg (77 lbs) -- doing 3 rep sets, b/c fatigue, ya know? But the press feels really hard at that weight, and squat is comparatively much easier, but it's probably good to take it nice and slow. Also, my gym has agzillion of those tiny weights for microloading that I always see women complaining about not having. Yeah!

And just for funsies, some other stuff:

When I went to the gym Thursday morning I squatted 50kg=110 lbs 3X5 and did OHP 30kg=66 lbs 3X5. Yeah, less weight on the OHP but I have tweaky shoulders, and I know it's true that "The iron beats your ego" or something like that. As long as I'm half-assing programming I may as well fully-half-ass it. Har har har.

My day sucked after that. Cycling to class and then I get a flat tire. Right next to a repair shop, so that was nice, but then I walked a good hour the rest of the way to class. So I didn't go in til after the break, and it was pretty much a waste of time. Then when I finally get home and check my email, I see that UPS has delivered my new shoes. Great! But who the hell signed for them? I realize that I sent the package to the wrong address... I put in my zip code for the street address. So I leave this other person a letter in their mailbox and a note taped to their corridor door. They've yet to contact me. Give me my god damn shoes!!

I know that:
    (a) The tube in my second-hand bike had been getting holes, it was just old, and
    (b) It's only my fault that the shoes went to the wrong place. And surely this person will give them to me.

But god damn! So many things keep going wrong. And I'm lonely. And it's the Netherlands so the sun just went away and now it's dark and raining.

Well, nighttime gym trip to gauge the attendance level. Looks like my gym does not have a lull period. And now I remember why I never work out after having eaten. Even though it was five hours earlier. Unpleasant.

This is before I destroyed it. I didn't know when to stop, and it ended up looking like wrapping paper for a child's birthday present.

NEW SHOOZ NEW SHOOZ NEW SHOOOOOOZZZZ!!!

One wild goose chase later...

I stuck my nose in that new shoe and took a deep breath. Aaaaahhhhh new shoe smell.

Main course: Splooshed sweet potato topped with tuna in olive oil and canned spinach, with hard-boiled eggs, splooshed.

I just watched the Parks and Rec season 4 gag reel on youTube. Li-trally laughed out loud. Andy's lines are funny on the show but Chris Pratt's improv jokes and physical comedy are killer.
    Last edited by sjmc; 04-14-2013 at 12:11 PM. Reason: subject-verb agreement

Somebody up there hates me. I took a glorious bike ride in this wonderful weather--basically just rode away from Amsterdam for half an hour. When I get back the front tire (the one I put a new tube in three days ago) starts going...going...going... flaaatttt. Of course every repair shop is already closed, and of course I have class at 9 am in the center tomorrow and the next day.

I seriously feel like buying some weed just so I can chill the f* out.

I'm not even a (cigarette) smoker, but sometimes I think "A cigarette sounds nice." Like it'd be nice to have something so immediate.

I feel like the universe is just swatting at me like a fly.

Yesterday I had a carrot, and I ate around the core, revealing an internal structure of which I was unaware.

Also, wtf is going on. Boston and TX, the two places in the States that I call home...

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    Wandered over from the avocado thread...I'm not eating eggs right now, so I can't make your avocado muffins, but I'm going to try a pudding.

More importantly, did you actually eat a raw plantain?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345