Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (sjmc) page 3

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Repeat food day. Two small milky coffees while working this morning (they are free at the building we just moved to. FREE.) Biked to and from class, 10 km total (working up a sweat on the way back, since I have back-to-back class). Some douche behind me was smacking his gum around. The other day this other douche had a cold that kept him from breathing through his nose. Then the asshole ate an apple. I seriously worry that one day I am going to totally lose my shit at one of these people. I get unhealthily worked up on the inside at people's nasty noises. But I'm like the Hulk, I just can't turn it off.

So then it was off to the gym (forgot a hair tie. damnit damnit damnit. luckily I live 5 minutes away). 20 minutes on the treadmill. I felt great, and ignored the fact that the blister under my toe had riiippppped. Ow. 20 tricep dips for the hell of it.

I ate the same meal as yesterday, but subbed 1/3 of a smallish cabbage for the vegetable. Again it was 1.5 hours of straight chewing. I didn't WANT anymore. Although the sweet potato is damn tasty. Looking at 670 calories, again pretty much a 40/40/20 C/P/F split. Began eating at 6:30 so between a 26 and 27.5 hour fast depending how you clock it.

Four-hour class this morning, so rather a lot of caffeine. Biking to and fro again. To the gym for 2 km of hard rowing (approximately 9 minutes. I am super short). I dropped by the Albert Heijn and every single thing I bought was on bonus. Well not the eggs. But I buy the cheap ones anyway because I feel incessant guilt over spending my parents' money.

I ate exactly the same thing as yesterday, plus a 250 g container of romaatjes, at around 3 pm. Last night I awoke at around 3 am to use the bathroom and I was unbelievably hungry. It was incredibly uncomfortable. So I watched an episode of The West Wing, the one from season 6 about Cuba where we get another glimpse of a sloshed Leo. I *hated* that scene. Somehow drunk Leo comes off as really salacious to me, I think? (for no good reason, just a creep vibe). There's something weird about John Spencer having to try to act too hard -- like when he has his heart attack. That was crazy. It was like what a child would do if you asked her to pretend to die.

Did not experience overpowering hunger today and actually slept pretty well. And the days are getting long here which makes me sooo much happier. Waking up to sunlight is the best. Got some work done today, after crushing five games of sub-100 second expert minesweeper. Then to the gym -- ran 30 minutes. There are probably three or so layers to the blister under my toe now. Then some dips (about 20) interspersed with lat pulldowns (4 x 8 x 40 kg plus one of those 'add ons' ??).

Ate the same as yesterday but with apple swapped for tomatoes, at 2 pm. So more carbs, and slightly more calories total (750 calories, 90 g carbs). The chicken breasts I poached on Sunday are pretty dry now ... chewing was quite the endeavor. Excited to have broccoli tomorrow instead of cabbage. LAWL.

Mmmkay today cycled to and from classes, ran 20 minutes at the gym and did about 50 push ups (the first set I knocked out 18 and it felt amazing). I ate at 4. Last of the chicken (which I think had something slimy growing on it, that smelled yeasty... I washed it and ate it anyway... so far so good...), 500 g of broccoli (oh mah god, too much), 375 g of potatoes (since that was 1/4 of the 1.5 kg I had boiled and placed in equal amounts in two tupperwares... I can't measure unless I can eye it with fractions!), 2 eggs, and an apple. So full. I ate the potatoes but I didn't enjoy them. Next time mustard. I wish I had gotten another bag of sweet potatoes!

Calories at 920 today. I'm not even a fan of the potatoes and the apple. Boring. But I still have 1100 g of potatoes and 4 apples to eat. = (

I have a paper to write this weekend, so it would be quite a pain in the ass if I get distractedly hungry. We have finally been issued our "droppel keys" to get into the new building after hours, so I'll take my work to the computer lab and hook up an IV to the free coffee machine.

Oh by the way the broccoli is covered in "vindaloo" spice from Penzy's. Vindaloo spice on all the things.

I had the building all to myself this morning and got some work done. At the gym I rowed 5k for the first time ever. Felt pretty good. Going to Albert Heijn afterward was awful because it was so busy and I hate crowds.

At around 2 I had another 375 g of potatoes w/ mustard this time, 2 eggs, 250 g tomatoes, 250 g strawberries, and 500 g of greek yogurt. Bleh. Gross. Not tasty. And all it had was the foil cover! I *li-trally* had to eat it all. And I was low on protein even according to Cronometer's standards. Well it is what it is. At least I'll have tea later. And poach new chicken in the morning. 840 calories. I want some freaking beef but it is le expensive (actually it's probably just that my brain is still primed for interpreting prices as "per pound" so I see the costs and recoil unnecessarily). Maybe I'll just have a butt-ton of eggs for protein tomorrow. I wanted to get canned fish at the store today but did not care to crouch and read labels with all these people up in mah space.

Worked a few hours this morning, then a nice stroll to the store to pick up red cabbage, sweet potatoes, and sardines for the coming days, and *emergency* toilet paper. I went to campus super early this morning just so I could potty there and leave my roommate the dredges of a roll... I hope everything went OK for her. Ahaha.

No strenuous work today... I did bust out 20 push ups in a row though, ! Just under 1000 calories and quite full. Trying to keep portions that are easy to count has led to me endeavoring to eat too much food (i.e. there were 6 breasts to the kg package I bought, so I'll eat them in 2's instead of 1 since 1 isn't enough --> too much chicken; I can eyeball half a tupperware of potatoes --> too many potatoes). Hmm.

Must read about Kant and the formality of logic.
    Must not watch The West Wing all evening.
    Ok.

Worked at campus for about 5 hours this morning, mega-caffeinated, then ran 20 minutes at the gym and did 30 dips. (Yesterday later in the evening I did another set of 20 consecutive push ups -- eff yeah!)

At 4 pm I had remaining potatoes and mustard (they're under there), with broccoli, can of sardines, and an egg. You can bet that olive-oily, fishy mush was duhlicious. Oh and an apple. I ate it first, and good thing, because it was kind of mealy. Calories 820.

Well hello there, moderately photogenic food! You've been gone a few days.

Now to find out if Toby goes to jail for leaking the story about a US military space shuttle DON'T TELL MEH!

Woke at seven (YAY SUNLIGHT) and boiled red cabbage and micro'd sweet potatoes. The "cabbage water" is SO dark but it doesn't taste as good as other veggie water so I bottled it and put it in the fridge. Worked in the morning (I drank several "wiener melange" from the coffee machine, which are like cappuccinos but chocolate-y. There is an option to add sugar, which I decline, but still I don't think I can pretend that these guys don't count). Then class. And class. Two FAST kilometers on the rower at the gym. I like working out at the end of the day, right before eating, and going straight to school early in the morning ... but the bros. The bros at the gym in the afternoon. Get up and move away from the equipment I'm eyeing while you look at your phone for five minutes in between sets.

Ate at 6. Calories 730. There's cabbage under them hills of mushy mushy canned spinach. <3 canned spinach.

Ugh apples, go away. I don't want you without spoonfuls of peanut butter. Yeah... that happened the weekend before I came back at this journal with such a vengeance.

Boring day. Long class in the morning, no real workout on the agenda (which you may interpret as: just not really feelin' it today and will sweat some buckets tomorrow)--push ups throughout the evening, probably. 775 calories at 2 pm. Those are 3 leaves of red cabbage under the chicken. I wrapped up the chicken and dipped in dijon mosterd and was on the verge of tears the whole time. This was some very potent stuff.

Also I stopped at Albert Heijn on the way home to see if there were any veggies on sale, and the price of broccoli and brussels sprouts just keeps going up and up and up. Wtf. I'm regretting having bought the red cabbage. It just doesn't taste very good and it takes for-freaking-ever to eat a cabbage.

Ran 30 minutes at the gym (felt great) and lat pulls 4 x 10.
    Ate 820 calories at around 2 pm. The plantain is approximately 240 kg with the peel ... nearly 300 calories. I guess it's just got more sugar than a sweet potato. Very tasty. I didn't know they're such a PITA to peel. I got a little messy. Then I got really messy, cause I ate it all with my hands. I don't know why, but it was nice.

Next Saturday (1 week plus a few days from now) my best friend from college is staying with me for a few days. It will be a natural time to have a period of eating more (like a lot more, I imagine) as we'll be eating out, and she is one of those people who gets "hangry" haha. She'll let me skip breakfast I'm sure but I'm not going to make her feel like a freak eating lunch alone. I'm excited to have rijstaffel (Indonesian), some Surinamese, get some traditional stamppot, drink alotta beer, too, since I pretty much never take myself out to eat. I have had kapsalon (low quality frozen french fries fried in gross oil topped with cheese, shwarma, and mayonnaise from a Turkish fast food place) a few times, whilst nursing a hangover. I'm such a cliche.

Wondering if I should give myself a high-calorie day this weekend or just wait. That's code for "I've caught myself day dreaming about using dates and rice cakes as spoons for peanut butter."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast