Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i need help with my daily diet page

ar0e is offline Member

i need help with my daily diet

I need some advice on what I'm doing wrong. I feel like I'm eating right and exercising enough but I'm not losing weight at all! It's getting really frustrating and I'm almost tempted to go back to a typical SAD and running 5 miles a day like I did when I lost about 60 pounds 4 years ago. A typical day looks like this:

Breakfast:
    2 jumbo cage free organic eggs from the farmers market
    2 pieces uncured, nitrate free bacon
    2 tablespoons Pace thick and chunky salsa
    1 ounce shredded pepper jack cheese
    cooked in a tbsp of kerrygold butter

8 oz coffee
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    1 tsp maple syrup (I measure it precisely)
    splash of heavy cream

Lunch:
    Organic Field greens salad
    1/2 grilled chicken breast or salmon cooked in a tbsp of kerrygold
    sesame ginger dressing (1 tb sesame oil, 1 tb tamari, minced ginger, minced garlic, 1/2 tsp sesame seeds)
    1/4 a bell pepper
    1 stalk of green onion

Dinner:
    2 fist sized servings of protein (grass fed hamburger, shrimp, chicken thighs or legs, steak, tuna, or salmon)
    1 cup of veggies like broccoli, asparagus, or salad with either a tbsp of butter or a quick vinaigrette dressing

1-2 glasses of wine

I also use 1 lemon a day added to my water, and I take a multivitamin, a fish oil, and a magnesium supplement daily. I do a full body 20 minute kettlebell workout 3 times a week and walk my dog about 2.5 miles daily. Any advice would be appreciated.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    How long have you been eating like this now?
    Height?
    Weight?
    You drink 1-2 glasses of wine per day?
    How many cups of water do you drink per day?

The cheese should be ok but maybe try to take it out for a couple of weeks and add some veggies instead and see if you notice any weight loss.

"8 oz coffee
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    1 tsp maple syrup (I measure it precisely)
    splash of heavy cream" - This should be ok but maybe take out the cocoa powder and maple syrup and see what happens.

ar0e is offline Member
    I'm 5'10" and 209 lbs., I'm currently a size 14 and my goal is a size 4, or somewhere around 160 pounds. I've been eating like this for over 2 months. I drink over 100oz of water daily and sometimes a glass of green or black tea. Do you think the cocoa powder and maple syrup is a deal breaker? I can't handle my coffee without a little sweetness, should I maybe just drink tea instead?

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    How often are you drinking the wine? That can really stall weight loss for some people. Have you tried stevia in your coffee?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

ar0e is offline Member
    I drink wine with my dinner every night, I do measure it though each glass is exactly 5 oz. I have tried stevia in the past but I found the taste was bitter. Is the maple syrup really high in sugar? Based on the nutrition facts on the bottle it has about 7 grams of sugar per tablespoon, it is all natural, grade B if that makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ar0e View Post
    I'm 5'10" and 209 lbs., I'm currently a size 14 and my goal is a size 4, or somewhere around 160 pounds. I've been eating like this for over 2 months. I drink over 100oz of water daily and sometimes a glass of green or black tea. Do you think the cocoa powder and maple syrup is a deal breaker? I can't handle my coffee without a little sweetness, should I maybe just drink tea instead?
    You're female?
    You drink the wine everyday?

Are they a deal breaker? Maybe, maybe not. Try eliminating them for a few weeks and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ar0e View Post
    I drink wine with my dinner every night, I do measure it though each glass is exactly 5 oz. I have tried stevia in the past but I found the taste was bitter. Is the maple syrup really high in sugar? Based on the nutrition facts on the bottle it has about 7 grams of sugar per tablespoon, it is all natural, grade B if that makes any difference.
    If you want to keep the maple syrup in, keep it in. The wine every night may be slowing the weight loss.

Can you have 1 or 2 glasses of wine per week, keep everything else the same and see what happens? Give it a few weeks. If you can get rid of the wine altogether for a while, that'd be better. It's really up to you. If you're still not losing, gotta change something else.

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    I don't know why someone would suggest removing cocoa powder.
    Cocoa powder is healthy, low calorie, and what carbs are in it are half fiber.

I would suggest playing around with intermittent fasting. Turn those three moderate meals into two deluxe meals. Even if you take in the same calories, fitting them into a smaller window of time has been shown to help burn fat.
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

avelin is offline Senior Member
    Drop the sugar (maple syrup is sugar).

Drop the dairy - the purpose of dairy is to put weight on infants. Or make it rare. Swap ghee/clarified butter for butter (it will make a huge difference). Learn to use CO milk.
    Also try fattier meats and less leaner stuff with

Drop the daily wine - again keep it for special - it's just another form of sugar. You could cut back to one which would already halve your intake ;-)

I reckon the cocoa is fine BUT if you are drinking cocoa and/or coffee as a vehicle for sugar and dairy then learn to drink it black or remove it.
    Evolutionary. Ideology that fits biology

Bettie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    when i was drinking (almost) daily i was not able to loose any weight, even with daily workouts and a great diet.

7/14: 156 lbs.
    weight in's:

7/17: 153.5 lbs.
    7/18: 152.5 lbs.

goalweight: 130 lbs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast