Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: yummy tip for Canadians page

spughy is offline Senior Member

yummy tip for Canadians

Shop Now
    If you have a Superstore near you, check out the "Presidents Choice Organics Power Fruit Blend" frozen fruit mix - it's frozen blueberries, blackberries and dark cherries. YUM. Not cheap - it's about $5.99 per bag I think, and our family has gone through 3 or 4 bags in the past few weeks - but really good.

Superstore so rarely comes up with anything actually healthy (the majority of their "blue menu" items are sadly misguided) I think it's important that they be encouraged when they do something right

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Ooooh, I have a bag of that stuff too. Extremely nice with greek yogurt and shredded coconut!

I've noticed over the past couple of years the Superstore "natural and organic" section has been growing too, stocking kombucha, nutiva coconut oil, and lots of other decent stuff. Nice to find some of this stuff in the regular grocery rather than having to make a special trip to the natural foods shops.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Damn...I don't get Superstore flyers, but there's one a short drive away! I'll have to check their website.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Superstore often has the Nutiva coconut oil cheaper than Planet Organic where I live. Also, if you want frozen mixed berries or wild blueberries, they sell huge bags of them for about $12.99. I found coconut flour much cheaper there too (I think $5.99 as compared to about $9 at Planet O). They've really expanded the organic/health section at the store I shop at, and it makes eating primal a bit more affordable.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    I just pick up my frozen berries from Costco. Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries.
    $11 for a bag 4 times bigger than the ones at Superstore.
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

But the superstore ones have CHERRIES. I ran out of my own in December and there is nothing as good as frozen sweet cherries.

Cin
    Cin is offline Member
    I was about to say that -- I FOUND ORGANIC COCONUT FLOUR there!!!!! cannot wait to try baking with it and almond meal. Almond meal alone doesn't solidify, I find.

Yay, yay, so happy.

lotusberries is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    But the superstore ones have CHERRIES. I ran out of my own in December and there is nothing as good as frozen sweet cherries.
    I was at Costco the other day and they have bags of frozen dark sweet cherries.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Cherries make me exceedingly happy.

I need this candida to die so I can have fruit again I miss berries!!!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusberries View Post
    I was at Costco the other day and they have bags of frozen dark sweet cherries.
    Sigh. I kind of hate Costco, but it sounds like I might need to get over that. Are they organic?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast