Shrimp and wakame 3 egg organic omelet, butter and pink salt
    Coffee with cream

Ground beef (300 grams)
    brussells sprouts (two cups) with Butter and pink salt
    Spinach (two cups)
    blueberries

I also did a 20 min slow jog and some walking, I sprinted yesterday

1900 calories
    Even though it's only 3 different fruits/vegetables, fitday says everything is well above rda except potassium, thiamin and calcium which are only in the 80s

fat/protein/carbs
    64/27/9

Is this ok as a general daily meal plan? Could I eat a variation on this every day?
    Cheers
    If man made it, don't eat it

jimpag is offline Senior Member
    Looks really solid, that is a really good base. Then you can just whenever you feel like it switch it up ones in awhile; salmon instead of ground beef one day, broccoli instead of brussell sprout one day, romane lettuce instead of spinach etc etc. Just whatever you feel like but those food is very solid to have as your staples

huntingBears is offline Senior Member
    Sweet, really glad to hear that!
    I will mix it up as well now and again though like you say

NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't be afraid to eat a little bit more unless you are small, inactive, or looking for weight loss.
    I would be hungry on 1900 calories, but I'm a 5'9 male at 160lbs.

Well I'm trying to get into the groove of burning body fat for fuel, im a skinny fat 185 pound 6 foot 1 guy looking to lean out a bit and gain muscle, probably eating a few more calories than i've said there anyway with the odd avocado, a little dark chocolate and extra butter and a fair bit of cream in my coffee etc

b.good is offline Junior Member
    I think you can definitely eat more food than that. Aren't you hungry? I'm like 6'2 180 and I eat about 3000 calories just to maintain weight. This of course depends on how much exercise you get, your age, etc., but no need to starve! If you want to burn fat for fuel then restrict your carbs and do a few intense workouts a week.

well im getting pretty mixed signals here, i had a thread asking how anyone could eat 2800 calories from just 2 meals a day, i would eat a 1400 calory meal and get a headache and fatigued afterwards, the idea, as people are saying, is to get energy from your stored fat so you dont actully need that many calories, then i get people saying arent you hungry on such few calories??
    way too much conflicting advice round these parts

I don't see any conflict. If you're hungry, eat more. If not, you're probably good.
    If you do need to add more calories, fat is a good way to go. You can get somewhere around 100 calories per tablespoon, so if the need arises you can butter up those veggies, cook with more bacon grease, eat fattier meats, or take a spoon full of coconut oil.

I'm just making sure you aren't limiting your calories artificially. Listen to your body, if it wants food, feed it.

Depending on your genetic propensity, you may have to eat more than you feel like to put on muscle though.
    This can make an IF schedule tough, so you may have to prioritize between leaning out and putting on muscle. You can do both at the same time, but it might be tough in a calorie deficit. At 6' / 185 , I think 1900 calories is a deficit, but everybody is different.
    Last edited by NWPrimate; 03-11-2012 at 03:12 PM.

ok, sorry
    yea im eating when im hungry and its not as much as i used to, even with the sprinting and weight lifting, i have a fair amount of belly and thigh fat to burn (i know you cant spot reduce but thats where it seems to mostly collect) so hopefully with the lower calories my body will take from that fat, if i get hungry or tired ill eat, is that right?

I think hungry is a much better indicator than tired, but I think you're on the right track.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast