Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal: Hanna - A Swedish restart page

Hanna is offline Senior Member

Primal Challenge Journal: Hanna - A Swedish restart

Shop Now
    I have been here before, not really ready to commit. However, today, tonight, I need something to focus on. I need something new and exciting.

I have been doing weight watchers since 1998 I think. Losing, gaining, losing, gaining. This past year I have lost 16 kgs (35-ish pounds). I did it incorporating more and more of the Primal Blueprint. I have 25ish more pounds to lose (10kg).

So, here I am. 35, single, no kids, no family close by. Desk job, with some travelling. Hobbies are singing, yoga and jogging. I have two races this spring, 26K on April 28 and a marathon (my first) on June 2nd. I was doing well with my running training, but I am experiencing some issues with my knee at the moment.

So, Tomorrow, March 12, will mark the first day of my Primal Challenge. Wish me luck!

/H

Day one drawing to a close. Not really, but I'm about to leave work. So far today I've had:

B: 2 eggs, ˝ avocado, ˝ grapefruit
    S: Tea and a banana
    L: Chicken soup <= mistake: it had chickpeas...
    S: orange

Planned dinner is 2 eggs, one avocado.

I did lift some heavy things at lunch and I will go for a jog/walk before yoga class tonight. After yoga I'm planning on having a whey shake, with milk and coconut fat and peanutbutter.

I think I may be a little high on the fruit... I did say no to cake, though.

I think day one went well. I FitDayed (yup, I just did that, verbified!) and i was higher on the carbs that recommended, but hey, I don't expect perfection from the start!

Todays plans look like this:

B: 2 eggs, ˝ avocado, ˝ grapefruit
    S: Tea and banana
    L: minestrone without pasta (has kale, minced meat, bacon, pepper and onions)
    S: Orange
    D: mackrel and veggies

Move: jog at lunch, S_L_O_W_L_Y
    Play: Choir practice tonight. And taking "before" pics.

I elevated my desk at work yesterday. So now I stand up. Makes me think I need to work on my posture...

Anyone reading? Should I ditch the fruit? All of it? Some of it?

Added almonds and butter-cocoa-coconut-peanutbutter mash last night. Wanted to eat. Didn't need to. Did it anyway.

Jogging worked well. 30 minutes slow.

Plan for day 3:
    B:1egg, ˝avocado ˝grape
    S: Banana and apple
    L: Chili
    S: orange
    D: eggs and avocado again...

Move: lifting heavy things at lunch, yoga in the evening
    Play: lifting heavy things at lunch, yoga in the evening

Not sure how to deal with the lack of rigidity. Having been on diets for decades, I am tempted to count calories. I don't trust myself. OTOH, part of this thing is toe learn to listen to my body. Maybe I can ease into a more relaxed approach, by writing down what I eat, and how I feel, but not necessarily the amounts? Not that it really bothers me. I'm an OCD engineer. I thrive on imagined control!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Hanna, I want to wish you good luck on your Primal journey . I'm just a newbie myself, so can't really give you a lot of advice, but maybe we can encourage each other? I live in Belgium, so we're in the same timezone .

maybe if you feel you need some more "control" over what you eat, you might try to track it here: Food journal for the Paleo Diet - PaleoTrack (I got this link from someone just a few days ago).
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Hi Candy!

Thank you, and good luck to you too! I will check out that journal.

Yesterday was a good day. Yoga was fantastic, I felt really strong!

Today, not so good. Had a business luncheon thingie, and ended up eating un-primal stuff. I will not sweat it, though, just jump right back onto the wagon!

B: ˝grapefruit, ˝ avocado, 2 eggs
    L: Swedish pea soup and pancake
    S: apple
    D: Veggies galore and a piece of fish

Move/play: Jog and talk with a friend

One benefit I have seen so far since working harder on being primal is that my bowels seem to like me better.
    I am also working on the primal habit of sleeping alot!

Onwards and downwards!

/H

Hmmm...

So why am I trying to sabotage this? I am starting to think that I am so scared of what might happen when I can't blame being overweight for all my failures that I am completely derailing my efforts!

New week. New attempt.
    Challenges this week: Dinner out on Tuesday with work. Possible date on Friday.
    Goals: Making this week as primal as possible. Not expecting perfection, but rather a slow movement in the right direction.

Plans:
    Monday: Lunch hour gym, evening Yoga
    Tuesday: Lunch hour jog
    Wednesday: Yoga
    Thursday: Possible lunch hour gym, Jog
    Saturday or Sunday: Long jog

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Hanna, good luck this week, you'll get there! Once you start to feel better and healthier it gets easier (at least that's how it feels for me).
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Thanks Candy!

So what did I eat on Monday?
    B: ˝ avocado
    S: banana
    L: moose and cottage cheese
    S: Avocado, dried apricots, coconut oil
    D: eggs, butter, cheese
    E: LHT at lunch. yoga in the evening

Primality: Good!

Today I had a cookie. I *could* be all mean to myself about it, but I choose not to, and do the best I can for the rest of the day.

Jogged at lunch. In the forest. Lovely!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    So, I'm guessing from your two day disappearance/no logging, that you ate non-primally in what you consider a big way. My suggestions: write it down, even if you don't want to/feel embarrassed/want to wipe it form your mind. Keeping a journal is not just about writing down what you did well. First, I think it breaks the cycle of off-plan eating more quickly. Two, you have a record of what you did. After some time, you might see the patterns, self-sabotage or otherwise, that lead to off-plan eating. With information comes power!
    I would also suggest more protein, cooked in fat(you don't say if your eggs are fried or scrambled in anything) and less fruit or lower carb fruits.
    Good luck, Hanna! I'll be checking in to see how you are doing. (And just so you know, I get cranky if there aren't daily posts. keep at it.)
    Last edited by Sabine; 03-20-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: capitalization!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast