Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal: Hanna - A Swedish restart

Shop Now
    I hope for you the week moves quickly and the weekend is sloooow and loooong and lovely
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Wow. How does planning out a whole week's menu work for you? Have you done that before? I used to do it for dinners, but not breakfast, lunch, and snacks, too. I'm impressed.

Thanks Candy! It's a long weekend here, so I'm off Monday and Tuesday as well!

Sabine, I almost always plan my entire weeks menus. I plan my exercise, work hours and food every week. It's just me, so it's really simple. I do it mostly so I don't have to go to the store all the time! I hate shopping for food! And when I plan , I tend to waste less food. Which is always a nice feeling! I don't always follow my plans, though!

Crazy busy!
    Had a slight slip last night with a bucket of ice cream. I have analyzed the situation and come to the following conclusion:

1. I don't sleep enough. Lack of sleep makes me want to eat. Action: Stop talking on the phone all night
    2. I hadn't properly refueled after exercise. I ran both on Monday and Tuesday, adn I didn't refuel enough. More running means more food. Action: Plan for refuel. In 1 month I will go back to more normal running behaviour.
    3. I am stressed. Action: meditate!

Today I LHT at lunch and yoga in the evening. The do my taxes. Then sleep.

At first reading, I thought you meant you had physically slipped while carrying a bucket of ice cream!
    Don't know if this is worse or better.

LOL! My english is weird sometimes. Comes with being Swedish!

Doing well. Weight is slowly coming off. I am feeling strong and cute. Always nice!

Probably wont be on for a while, crazy busy days ahead.

I'll imagine you off on a big hunt, trudging with your tribe to get to the herds. Crazy busy, but so worth it when you bring down a mammoth. Or, in Sweden, I guess maybe a herd of reindeer?

Yeah. Or crazy busy with work today, running a 26K and a doing a gig on Saturday, Driving 6 hours for a guy on Sunday, playing with him until Tuesday and then driving home again. Pretty much the same story.

As long as you have fun
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Shop Now
    There's no limit on how many restarts you can have, right?

So that's where I started slipping. When I met my new friend. He turned out to be the man I have been looking for forever and more. We're working on getting to live together, I just need to find a job. Small detail!

I did gain weight again, though. 10ish pounds. I ran a marathon, and then went into summer mode. My sister became sick and needed surgery. My dad had open heart surgery. I was driving all over the place. My mom had a melt down. I was in love. Come September, people were still ill, and I fell down in the shower after having LHTd, with the worst headach of my life, and had to be hospitalized. Haven't really recovered. I keep getting colds as soon as I try to exercise, and I have a tension type head ache all the damned time.

Then I remembered. It's mostly about what I eat. I have tried to stay primal, but not doing well. That has to end. NOW. I want that energy back. And I want to infect my lover with this way of life, he needs it. But first things first. I need to take care of me. Off to do just that!