Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Juice Feasting/Fasting page 3

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by auntie thesis View Post
    I have a good friend who lost 100 lbs on a long term juice fast. He was also on a regimen of supplements and vegan protein replacement powders (ick). He has been encouraging me to do a shorter term one with him for awhile now, but I have been putting it off because I have no interest in being a vegan.
    There are many ways to lose fat. I have lost more than 100lbs without any form of fasting or fruit juice, or feeling hungry for that matter.

I dunno, but perhaps you might want to do something that is sustainable? Sure it's exciting to embark on a new "journey", but think of how you will feel by the 3rd day, and how you're going to deal with it.

I spun my wheels a lot at first focusing on different "protocols", but at the end of the day, it's the basics that allowed me to lose the weight and keep it off (for a few years already).

Basics:

Eat real food
    Sleep well and sleep good
    Spend 10 mins a day doing short but intense exercise
    Get some sun
    Minimise stress

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I did come here from FSND, I've talked about it in other posts here.

I think the idea has some merit, especially for people whose gut is compromised. You can throw a bunch of grass-fed beef and coconut oil in a leaky gut, but the leaky gut is still going to take a while to heal.

I came here because I was worried about the fact that Phil and Joe have to go back on a fast a few times a year to keep their auto-immune disease under control. Maybe they could just continue to cut out the grains?

But if you concentrate on the vegetable juices and add on good fatty and mineral/kelp enriched bone broths, and some spoonfuls of coconut oil, I think it could provide good nutrition would be easy on the digestion system. I don't think it needs to be done for longer than a week though. Depends on how damaged you think your gut is. But I think it could heal pretty fast if you let it rest a bit.

The menus on the FSND website are pretty yummy. Put some chicken along that salad and some roast beef along those roasted veggies and, poof, you're paleo. So easing back into primal is easy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123