Thread: I'm free at last! page

mrsmcmeaty is offline Member

Thumbs up I'm free at last!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hardly know where to start, but after 3 months Primal I am finally free of my obsession with food- type, intake, bingeing.

I have lost 12kg, am NO LONGER TYPE 2 DIABETIC and don't need pain meds for fibromyalgia. My blood pressure has normalized, my Doc reckons I can drop the Rx for that soon.

My transformation has been so obvious that both of my daughters are changing their diets, my oldest is training for a triathlon for the first time, this while studying full time (nursing), working part time and a solo Mum to 2 kids.

Bear in mind I still have a long way to go- I have a lot more weight to lose and have only this week started exercising.

But the freedom, liberation I feel is amazing, oh I think I have become an ambassador for coconut oil too!

If I can do this anyone can..
    There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    Congrats! I'm not quite 2 weeks in yet so I haven't had time to experience things first hand yet. So it's nice to read about others' success. I really hope in 3 months I can be as ecstatic as you! Hearing stories like this will help me stick to it until I see my own transformation.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Nice!!!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

caveman josh is offline Member
    Well done, you've seem to have done so well others are following in your footsteps.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Good for you. I am in the same happy situation as you - my aches and pains have almost disappeared (a bit of residual knee pain which I expect to improve as I lose more weight) but otherwise A1! 7 months ago I was contemplating a mobility scooter - now I am swimming 10kms a week an eating well & have lost 14+kgs an 80cms. (In inches, I have lost 11" off my hips alone!). It has slowed own but that's OK, I was always thinking of a 2year or so time line to get to a decent weight.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

tplank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmcmeaty View Post
    If I can do this anyone can..
    That is fantastic McMeaty. (Love the handle too!)

I felt exactly the same way and I try to use that energy to encourage others. Keep the community apprised of your progress. Dip in here for encouragement when you hit the inevitable bumps in the road. Some day soon you will have a success story to post and I will look forward to reading it. Though my old fat self is gone, I still get a thrill and inspiration out of the stories of people who have over came. When you get to "that" point - and you will know when it is - don't be hesitant to share. There are thousands of people out there craving to hear about your successes and who will draw energy from your story.

CONGRATULATIONS!

mrsmcmeaty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tplank View Post
    That is fantastic McMeaty. (Love the handle too!)

I felt exactly the same way and I try to use that energy to encourage others. Keep the community apprised of your progress. Dip in here for encouragement when you hit the inevitable bumps in the road. Some day soon you will have a success story to post and I will look forward to reading it. Though my old fat self is gone, I still get a thrill and inspiration out of the stories of people who have over came. When you get to "that" point - and you will know when it is - don't be hesitant to share. There are thousands of people out there craving to hear about your successes and who will draw energy from your story.

CONGRATULATIONS!
    Thanks so much for your encouragement. My progress is such that people are asking me what I'm doing- they're so used to seeing me tired, sick, depressed. I turned 50 today and feel better than I have in years. Tomorrow I'm starting at the gym.

I wish I'd come across this lifestyle years ago, but this is going to be the best year of my life so far!
    There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

robint is offline Junior Member
    Well done buddy. Hope it inspires everyone who wanna lose weight.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    be advised, the appetite DOES come back LOL
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html