Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am gaining weight ... page

Kattkovacs is offline Member

Exclamation I am gaining weight ...

Primal Fuel
    Hello, I believe I started my primal journey Late January. I have been perfectly primal since. I come from a binging past. I am a compulsive eater, and emotional eater. Today I stopped myself from binging.
    Anyways ....
    Going on two weeks ago, I binged twice on treacherous food, trust me ... you do not want to know what I ate. And then my period started. Before the great binge I was 130 ... feeling positive about my weight loss. Excited and wonderful! As I binged, and the days passed, 133, 134, 136. I am 136??? No, its not muscle. Trust me, I see myself naked.
    I feel like I am failing.

I fast for 24 hours Saturdays. Then again the next Sunday. I Sprint on Mondays, and Wednesdays I do LHT training. PBF!
    I walk everyday. Or at least try to slow and steady movement! right? So then Friday Or Saturday, I'll do LHT again. Depending on what my dear body tells me to do. So that's my fitness. I have been doing PBF going on two weeks now.

Typically, I eat when hungry. Breakfast 1-3 egg omelet, with veggies and left over meat if I have it. I don't always eat lunch because I'm not always hungry. If I do it tends to be a large salad. Dinner I have some meat cooked in the healthy fats.

My calories range from 1,200- to 1,700 day to day. My carbs never above 60. Fat usually 72-100 Protein 70-100.

I have stuck to this minus my binges. I love being primal, I feel good. But not so good looking in the mirror. OR that darned scale.

I am 5'4-5'5
    I am 136 (apparently)
    My BF is unknown, but looking at the skinny fat I do know ... its really high ... I can grab onto .... a lot. I have a nice abdomen. And a little pooch by my belly button. My thighs ... are fat. My rear is saggy fat. My arms too. I am getting so discouraged when summer is creeping up in 12 weeks or so. I feel really terrible about my weight. And how I look. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
    Please help.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Home.h...ate=1331164800.
    Last edited by Kattkovacs; 03-10-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Ok, looking at your pics you are doing fine. The mirror does at 10lbs. Having said that weight gain can be a bit diffictult. The binge followed by your period can be tough and does wreck havic with a body.
    Stick to Primal you will get back on track to healthy.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    You don't really have anything to lose.... At your muscle homeostasis, that is about the weight you'll be at, if not more. Your body is probably reshaping right now.

For future reference, cheating on bad foods is really detrimental. An inflamed bowel can add 4" to a waistline, and up to 15lbs of weight to the scale. If you must cheat, make it high-quality real food versions. Like Green & Black chocolate vs Hersheys. Then be prepared to not see the scale move for a while.

If you must use a scale, don't use that to base you success. How do YOU feel? Compare yourself today to yourself last year at this very point in time, and evaluate what your diet has done for you. If you feel any bit better, then you are succeeding.
    Last year this point in time I was 124 and felt good ... You say I don't have anything to lose. Thats kind of an opinion. I was happy and felt good at 118-124.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Ok, looking at your pics you are doing fine. The mirror does at 10lbs. Having said that weight gain can be a bit diffictult. The binge followed by your period can be tough and does wreck havic with a body.
    Stick to Primal you will get back on track to healthy.
    I've gained weight since those pix.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    forget the scale, i'm sorry to say i think this is kinda in your head. you look great. fine. perfect. relax! the number on the little machine doesn't mean crap, your pictures tell more.

do stop the binges, it's not healthy physically or psychologically, and the latter may be the more significant issue.
    Last edited by jakey; 03-11-2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    You were 124, so what? You obviously had something that made you want to go primal. Why did you?

You kind of ignored the two other points I made. You gave yourself the answers in your OP. You are skinny fat, and you want to lose it. You need to replace it with lean muscle. No other alternative. You need to get your body strong enough to lift weights, which you are doing. Soon, you can stop using bodyweight, and actually lift weights, rocks, or whatever heavy object for exercise. It takes time.

Please though, in your case, throw away the damned scale. You rely too much on it.
    I do rely a lot on the scale. What I am saying is I use to weigh 170 ish. Then I had to means to get food. I lost a lot and was around 124 then had a means to get food. I was healthy, more so than most rarely consumed grains ate a lot of vegggies, etc. But I started binging then went to 145. Then lost to 130. and gained back to 136.

Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    forget the scale, i'm sorry to say i think this is kinda in your head. you look great. fine. perfect. relax! the number on the little machine doesn't mean crap, you're pictures tell more.

do stop the binges, it's not healthy physically or psychologically, and the latter may be the more significant issue.

I do try hard not to binge. I am a very emotional eater. And like I said I have gained since my pictures.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Have you taken body measurements? If you are working out you will get stronger, but it does sound like your binge and period might have kicked you in the a$$.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Have you taken body measurements? If you are working out you will get stronger, but it does sound like your binge and period might have kicked you in the a$$.
    Ha, yes they did indeed. Yes I've taken measurements. Which is also how I know, I've gained.

Brewjo is offline Junior Member
    Hi Kattkovacs,
    I've read your post and I think your doing a great job.
    As far as binging goes I will tell you the worst I've done in one day-- 1 gallon of Coke & Dr. Pepper, 2 packet's of Tim-Tam's, half a family dinner of KFC, Chinese fried rice and Honey Seseme Chicken and a Block of Chocolate.
    Looking at your post I think there may be a link between the urge to binge and your period, maybe the primal women can offer some greater insight on that area?
    While I do believe your doing a great job with your primal eating/exercise and lifestyle, you are focusing alot of energy and time on scale's and mirror's. As you say "I love being primal, I feel good. But not so good looking in the mirror. OR that darned scale."
    Maybe it's time to take a primal look at your relationship with them?
    Your body will change itself on it's own scale of time to it's best, PB is just pointing it in the right direction. Take care of yourself and enjoy life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast