Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am gaining weight ... page 2

Kattkovacs is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewjo View Post
    Hi Kattkovacs,
    I've read your post and I think your doing a great job.
    As far as binging goes I will tell you the worst I've done in one day-- 1 gallon of Coke & Dr. Pepper, 2 packet's of Tim-Tam's, half a family dinner of KFC, Chinese fried rice and Honey Seseme Chicken and a Block of Chocolate.
    Looking at your post I think there may be a link between the urge to binge and your period, maybe the primal women can offer some greater insight on that area?
    While I do believe your doing a great job with your primal eating/exercise and lifestyle, you are focusing alot of energy and time on scale's and mirror's. As you say "I love being primal, I feel good. But not so good looking in the mirror. OR that darned scale."
    Maybe it's time to take a primal look at your relationship with them?
    Your body will change itself on it's own scale of time to it's best, PB is just pointing it in the right direction. Take care of yourself and enjoy life

Thank you very much. I will get rid of the scale. I think all it really does is stress me out. Maybe I'll stick to the mirror once a week.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    or once a month
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

davecoconutty is offline Junior Member

a humble suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Kattkovacs View Post
    Thank you very much. I will get rid of the scale. I think all it really does is stress me out. Maybe I'll stick to the mirror once a week.
    Could I suggest you don't rely on what your eyes tell you. I read a great book awhile ago that indicated we aren't good at being able to compare the same thing over time. If you have to use something use your clothes, they won't lie to you.

Nix
    Nix is offline Senior Member
    I get super hungry before my period. I don't fully out binge but if I let me myself I would. I especially crave carbs and sugar. I have to be ready with primal foods that are a little higher in fat and carbs. OO like sweet potatoes, good dark chocolate, paleo ice cream, all natural quest bars, cheese, and my favorite mixed nuts. I might even do some primal baking. I end up gaining around 5lbs the week before my period. However, I lose it when I actually start my cycle. Generally once my cycle starts I don't feel hungry anymore and naturally tend to eat less. The hard part for me is making sure I have those food and I don't eat stuff that is going to be toxic to my body because I get REALLY hungry. If I see that doughnut on the table I'm going to eat it, or I need to have an alternative under my nose asap!
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting weight: 180lbs
    Current weight 130lbs

hottierockstar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davecoconutty View Post
    Could I suggest you don't rely on what your eyes tell you. I read a great book awhile ago that indicated we aren't good at being able to compare the same thing over time. If you have to use something use your clothes, they won't lie to you.
    i wish my clothes were lying!

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    I can relate--I've been doing well with
    diet and exercise (no bingeing tho) and
    am not losing the weight. But looking at
    the whole lifestyle--we really need to manage
    Stress. I think that's my next hurdle
    And what a big one. Can't think of what else
    it might be. How is your stress level?

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Try intermittent fasting & also a short term vlc Atkins Fat Fast to clean the sugar out of your cells:
    PDF Ebook The Fast-5 Diet and the Fast-5 Lifestyle | Free PDF Ebooks Files @AcrobatPlanet.Com

Atkins Article : The Fat Fast

Bingeing is not the big deal people say it is. Read the Warrior Diet to understand why:
    Warrior diet.pdf

Ori Hofmekler, author of WD, recommends eating big for 3 days then eating less for 3 days- this is what I do more or less. 3 days I go wild then the next 3 days I do the Atkins Fat Fast. Not conventional by any means but it does work.

There are a lot of great tips that will help you on The Bulletproof Executive:
    The Bulletproof Executive

Kattkovacs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    I can relate--I've been doing well with
    diet and exercise (no bingeing tho) and
    am not losing the weight. But looking at
    the whole lifestyle--we really need to manage
    Stress. I think that's my next hurdle
    And what a big one. Can't think of what else
    it might be. How is your stress level?
    My stress levels are ... pretty awful

barkingupthewrongdog is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Take a look at what Mark says about sleep and rest. My period always makes me really really tired, therefore want more energy to stay awake (here's where the cravings for my vices comes into play: coffee, sugar and fat). Perhaps ladies, just stop, assess how you feel, maybe take a nap or a half hour of quiet with a cup of soothing herbal tea and take some time out. Ultimately trying to find primal replacements for our non-primal faves will result in frenzied sugar binges, which will only end in self-pitying disaster. Pay attention to your most basic human need, bulk out your main meals and snacks with the plenty of filling meats/ cheeses and make sure you're drinking plenty. Everyone feels like they look like crap when they're on, I make a rule to myself NEVER to spend too long in front of the mirror at 'that time' then pat yourself on the back at the end!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12