Thread: Iron gym's safety wedge page

Drlove is offline Senior Member

Iron gym's safety wedge

Primal Fuel
    Hey,

Apparently, one day after doing some pull-ups, I took it out, and forgot to put it back into it's storage area.
    Now, it's obviously lost, looked for it for a while, and couldn't find it myself.

To cut long story short, I don't know what to do. Should I order another iron gym pull-up bar just for that damn safety wedge? Will I be fine without it? I heard some people didn't even bother putting it and had no problems, though I wanted to hear more opinions of the matter.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    I don't think the saftey wedge is worth the cheap metal it's made of. It's only really going to stop it coming off if you jump up and flail at it like some kind of maniac rather than holding on and lifting yourself up, and even if it does come off how far are you going to fall from a doorway?

My wedge is left in place on the door I use the most, but I don't bother moving it if I use another door. Never had a problem with it apart from the fact I think I'm too heavy for it and it's pulled some doorframes away from the wall and it's cracked the plasterboard above one door, but I think that was more because we were swinging on it
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I've never used the safety wedge, and no problems so far, but now that I've said that...

Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    I don't think the saftey wedge is worth the cheap metal it's made of. It's only really going to stop it coming off if you jump up and flail at it like some kind of maniac rather than holding on and lifting yourself up, and even if it does come off how far are you going to fall from a doorway?

My wedge is left in place on the door I use the most, but I don't bother moving it if I use another door. Never had a problem with it apart from the fact I think I'm too heavy for it and it's pulled some doorframes away from the wall and it's cracked the plasterboard above one door, but I think that was more because we were swinging on it
    Yah, I'll take care not to swing on it like a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by KV8R View Post
    I've never used the safety wedge, and no problems so far, but now that I've said that...
    Yup, once you think of it. But it should be fine.

Anyhow, did my workout today, didn't fall (except when my sister tried closing the door). We'll try looking for the safety wedge while cleaning the house, though if we won't find it, I assume it won't be such a big deal.