Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Journal v.2 page

porcelain is offline Senior Member

Journal v.2

Primal Fuel
    Challenge:
    No wheat, no refined sugar.
    One hour exercise, three times a week.

With this, my intention is to start out easy. I need to control my cravings first, then my next attempt will to reduce my dinner consumption. It could be a blood sugar problem but for whatever reason, I get hungrier at night and I need to control it. I'm also expecting to increase my workout sessions to four times a week. These goals will be updated into my challenge list once I feel ready.

Symptoms to Improve:
    Hypertension
    Dry skin
    Puffy face
    Acne
    Insomnia
    Constipation
    Irregular periods
    Flushed face from food allergies

I do avoid fish, eggs, and dairy for intolerance issues so supplementing with Vega Wholemeal, among other nutrients, will be beneficial for my improvement. Noticeable changes with vitamin D3 with my skin and magnesium for sleep and hypertension. I'll be adding iodine and selenium intermittently when I see fit.

My conjecture is insulin resistance and an underactive thyroid. I used to have an excessive appetite; now it's most prevalent at night. The real telltale sign is PCOS and noticeable weight on my face. I don't know if it's possible to lose weight in the face, but I'm going to try. I'm not fussy about my body, although it honestly is a reliable way to track progress.

March 10 - Measurements
    Bust: 32"
    Waist: 27"
    Hips: 35.5"

I will update my body measurements per week. I'm not a calorie counter, although I should be but it's too bothersome to dig for stats. As motivation, I will reward myself at the end of the week if I accomplish my challenge. These challenges will change every so often. I will be listing my meals, grouping snacks into mealtimes if they're within 4 hour time frame, as well as my exercise and supplements.

Reward: Model casting on Sat. 17th
    Punishment: $170 donation to Greenpeace
    Last edited by porcelain; 03-14-2012 at 12:06 PM.

My first nasty confession to fire me into the right direction by starting this journey anew, with goals and monitoring, thanks to a little book called Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength: Willpower.

Breakfast:
    Handful of cranberries
    Lunch:
    Piece of chicken wing
    Dinner:
    FOUR servings of pork tenderloin
    TWO cups of jube jube candies (wtf)
    Four pieces of hazelnut dark chocolate
    Handful of seaweed strips

May this be the last binge I ever experience this month. My punishment is charitable but I seriously cannot support myself if I give at this time. I try and do good even if I do bad I suppose.
    Last edited by porcelain; 03-15-2012 at 12:25 PM.

DAY 1 - March 10

Breakfast:
    Avocado
    Vega Wholemeal Shake
    Lunch:
    Apple
    Dinner:
    Hero Burger (gluten free bun, antibiotic-hormone free angus beef)
    Handful of almonds
    Supplements:
    Magnesium, Vitamin D3
    Exercise:
    None
    Last edited by porcelain; 03-16-2012 at 11:03 AM.

DAY 2 - March 11

Breakfast:
    Stir fry bell peppers, celery, peas
    Lunch:
    Peas
    Sixteen Avocado Rolls
    Eight Cucumber Rolls
    Dinner:
    Three chicken fillets
    Chinese broccoli
    Supplements:
    Vitamin C, Magnesium
    Exercise:
    None

With that much sushi... I should reconsider having dinner lol.
    EDIT: Well I had dinner, but I will work it off in dance class tomorrow! No cheating so far.
    Last edited by porcelain; 03-16-2012 at 11:07 AM.

DAY 3 - March 12

Breakfast:
    Half of avocado
    Vega Wholemeal Shake w/ figs
    Lunch:
    Coconut water
    Boneless beef ribs in bell pepper/wine vinegar sauce
    Cucumbers, cilantro
    Dinner:
    Apple
    Half of avocado
    Chinese herbal chicken soup
    Supplements:
    Magnesium
    Exercise:
    20 min power walking and jogging

Dance class was cancelled. Something in the marinade gave me a flushed face. I'll have to test if it's the wine vinegar, cayenne pepper, or steak seasoning. I hate how I'm so sensitive. I flare up when I'm anxious or laughing hard, or it might've been from the apple, I don't know. I never used to get flushes in the past... now I'm sensitive to everything!
    Last edited by porcelain; 03-18-2012 at 06:27 PM.

DAY 4 - March 13

Breakfast:
    Black sesame rice balls
    Lunch:
    One cup dried vegetables
    Dried coconut flakes
    Ginger Ale (naturally brewed)
    Stir fry fennel, peas, and celery
    Coconut Cream Bar (dairy free popsicle)
    Dinner:
    Half of dark chocolate bar
    Dried coconut flakes
    Black sesame rice balls
    Exercise:
    One hour hip hop choreography class
    Supplements:
    Magnesium, Vitamin D3, Selenium, Iodine

Today was a muchie day and even though I packed a small lunch, I think the dance class really stressed me out (for not getting the choreography right) so I took it upon the great weather to stroll through the market and pick up semi guilt free snacks.

I am so thankful I work right next to the health produce neighbourhood. It's a marketplace of vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free gourmet; and while I'm not vegetarian, I am presented with so many healthy options. Plus I notice my metabolism doesn't digest too much fat so I don't primally consume meat at every turn. I remember reading a recent article by Mark inciting that iodine should help - which I do get from Vega, sadly, not from fish. When I was strict primal; eating meat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, my family members noticed I have moon face. I saw mouth lines developed within a year and I aged TERRIBLY.

I will list each symptom by the end of the week as either improved or worse. It's really hard to tell what period of time a specific diet give rise for symptoms to surface. At this particular moment, I have more acne now than I did on Day 1, yet I've been eating much cleaner. Was it because of the two cups of jubejubes I had in the beginning of the week? Was it the almonds? Or was it the 24 rolls of sushi I stuffed myself with?

Well, I know it takes time to cure something... but I'm looking for improvements, not a miracle.

You know what's funny is that I dreamt of eating Pretz sticks (which Pringles Stix knocked off) and I was listing a bunch of excuses NOT to punish myself for indulging lol! I thought it was so real! Thank god I woke up from that! You can tell how badly I just want to get through this week. I know self control is a muscle - the more you use it, the better it becomes.
    Last edited by porcelain; 03-16-2012 at 10:59 AM.

DAY 5 - March 14

Breakfast:
    Vega Wholemeal Shake w/raspberries
    Lunch:
    Raspberry coconut cream (non dairy ice cream)
    Hero Burger (gluten free buns, antibiotic-hormone free angus beef)
    Apple
    Dinner:
    Coconut Cream Bar (non dairy popsicle)
    Some dark chocolate
    Rice crackers
    Seaweed strips
    Exercise:
    None

It's such a beautiful day!!!!! I didn't think I was even able to fathom what 17 celcius feels like... can't blame me for indulging in homemade ice cream and enjoying the sunny sky. I think raspberry is officially my favourite berry now. Dance class was cancelled again, but I'll make up for it tonight when I get home or work out on the equipment playground outside. My next goal for real, is to cut down my meal consumption. Too much of a snacking day today. This is what happens when you're too lazy to prepare food... I don't cheat but I do find excuses to eat more so I'll have to update some limitations to my next week's challenge.
    EDIT: didn't exercise at all so I have to for the last two days of the week or I'll have to pay the price!@&@
    Last edited by porcelain; 03-16-2012 at 11:09 AM.

DAY 6 - MARCH 15

Breakfast:
    Vega Wholemeal Shake w/ blueberries
    Lunch:
    Apple
    Medley of peas, cucumber, bell pepper
    Dinner:
    Supplements:
    Selenium, Vitamin D3
    Exercise:
    One hour jazz fundamentals class
    Last edited by porcelain; 03-16-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Fiji is offline Senior Member
    Hey. Just thought I'd stop by and cheer you on in case you were wondering if any one out there "cares" . It does take time to heal your body so take it one day at a time. I think your approach of changing things as you go along is smart, you have to go with what your body is telling you.

Well, as the Japanese say, gambate! Fighto!

PrimalCon New York
    Aw thanks Fiji! Every week will tell me a little something. Like having heavy meals, if that's impairing my digestion. Or I'm suspecting something gave rise to acne this week so it's helpful to go back to basics...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast