Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dr. Schulze 5-Day Bowel Detox page 3

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    Doesn't IFing also give you a rest from breaking down food? Can you please elaborate upon the purpose and effectiveness of a 21-day juice cleanse?
    My purpose for doing them was to heal my immune system and give it the boost that it needed to rid my body of cancer. I refused chemotherapy and that was one of the natural ways that I chose.
    I've been cancer-free for 4 yrs so far.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    "Cleanses" and "detoxes" can be highly stressful on the body. There is no research supporting them. I knew a woman who developed major health problems and dietary sensitivities after doing a "liver cleanse". Like, before she was overweight, and afterwards she was still overweight, but ended up being diagnosed with celiac and other dietary intolerances.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Or maybe...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    My purpose for doing them was to heal my immune system and give it the boost that it needed to rid my body of cancer. I refused chemotherapy and that was one of the natural ways that I chose.
    I've been cancer-free for 4 yrs so far.
    Congratulations on your courage! Bowel cleansing isn't natural. Antibiotics kill all the bacteria andyou always have to start over after a course of them. If you don't, bad bacteria naturally grows from grains and packaged food added chemicals.

While it takes longer, you can get rid of the bad gut bacteria by adding good gut bacteria. This is not only much healthier for you but it gives your body time to make all the adjustments and gives you the opportunity to listen to what your body will be telling you and learn from it.

Take a very good probiotic and Omega-3 with every meal. In a few days you'll start to notice changes if you're paying attention.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    I'm very familiar with Dr Schulze's products and philosophy. My mom is an RN that now has an herbal business and many of the products she mixes are from his recipes, and Dr Christopher's (who taught Schulze).

The intestinal cleanse is NOT supposed to induce diarrhea. The dose is, per instructions, individual to what it takes for you to go regularly- NOT have diarrhea. If you have IBS and are prone to diarrhea, then it's recommended you start with the bowel #2 alone without the bowel #1. These products may not be literally cleaning junk out of your intestine, however, they do give a place for body toxins to go and be held onto on their way out, so they help clean the body, not just the intestine. They also stimulate digestive function like bile flow. They do NOT contain antibiotics that will have a harmful effect on intestinal bacteria, quite the opposite.

I personally know of people who were seriously ill getting better with herbal products. One man had kidney failure and was told to go home they coudln't do anything. He had immediate improvement with kidney cleansing and was able to go back to work, this was years ago.

Yes, Dr. Schulze's dietary advice is not good long term, which should tell you how good the herbs are, they even work on people who are not getting an adequate diet!
    Last edited by AshleyL; 03-03-2013 at 01:09 PM.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, but I just don't understand the appeal of giving yourself exposive diarrhea, nor do I believe it's particularly good for your health.
    Changing your eating habits toward clean eating should be enough. Becoming healthy doesn't need to be painful, infact I'd dare say it shouldn't be.

Plus, there are health risks with various methods of cleanses and detoxes. Colonics and enemas can disrupt your gut bacteria. Laxitives, even natural ones, can mess-up your peristaltic rhythms. Diarrhea itself can cause dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. Even juice cleanses, I don't think are a great idea. If your juice includes fruits, it probably has a lot of concentrated sugar which can cause the blood sugar spike +compensatory crash rollercoaster.

The only cleansing method I agree with is increasing your water intake, but even that is possible to overdo (see: Water intoxication).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123