Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Schulze 5-Day Bowel Detox page 2

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've never tried this particular cleanse, but since I've had chronic severe constipation issues for the past 6 years, I've tried pretty much everything, including a variety of so-called detoxes (and colonics at $80 a pop). My n=1 result: no improvement whatsoever. Unfortunately, eating paleo has not made an improvement, either - it actually has made it worse.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent* View Post
    So do you guys not believe in bowel detoxing, or just believe it is unnecessary? What about cleanses?
    Read up on the psychotics who invented the concepts- people like Graham and Kellogg. Bunch of human-hating child-torturers.

dck
    dck is offline Junior Member
    I'm curious if anyone has tried one of these (herbdoc.com)? I know these types of detoxes aren't really part of the primal diet, but am curious if there is any negative side effects of doing a 5-day bowel detox?
    I have done 2 of Dr. Schulze's 5-day Bowel Detox programs in the last 2 months. The herbs I found soothing and easy. It was a lot to consume but worth the dedication. This program does not induce diarrhea, instead there is clay and other ingredients to pull waste from the colon wall and you should have a nice big bowel movement every morning. My husband also did the program and commented on the black stools.

The only warning is that Dr. Schulze is a proponent of the vegan eating style, but the choice of food menu is yours. During my first program, I ate my regular menu that has been working for me for months. The second time, I tried his organic fruit/vegetable suggested menu with 3-days of juice fasting and was more pleased with the results.

Good luck, Brent!
    Last edited by dck; 03-01-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: added when programs were done

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Why on earth are you considering such an extreme process? You haven't told us what the problem is, and there must be one to consider this.

I've suffered very hard stools all my life, and complete constipation for the last 6 years. With primal and a little experimentation I've completely cured it.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    So do you guys not believe in bowel detoxing, or just believe it is unnecessary? What about cleanses?
    sounds like a good program prior to a colonoscopy....
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    sounds like a good program prior to a colonoscopy....
    Yep. You want a detox? Sign up for a butt scan and drink the prescribed liquid the night before. That stuff will give you the squirts worse than the bad mayo tuna sandwich you ate when you were nine. LOL
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    If all you want to do is relieve your bowels of fecal matter, do bowel prep and be done.

Why not try a juice cleanse? I've done 21 day, 14 day and 7 day juice detox/cleanses before without any difficulty. It gives the bowel a rest from having to breakdown food for the nutrients and lets the body work on healing itself.
    Why not try something like that, unless you're just F.O.S. and all you want to do is an illimination.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't IFing also give you a rest from breaking down food? Can you please elaborate upon the purpose and effectiveness of a 21-day juice cleanse?

Neanderthal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dck View Post
    The only warning is that Dr. Schulze is a proponent of the vegan eating style...
    That right there should set the alarm bells ringing. Veganism? Colon cleanses? Methinks this "doctor" is a whackjob. When the colon really needs to be "cleansed" the body does it on its own- it's called diarrhea.
    If your digestive system is working normally, why step in and screw with it? It's unnatural and doesn't make sense.

meloroaster is offline Senior Member
    If you have ANY history of bowel (stomach, small or large intestine) issues or sensitivities please be careful with these boxed detoxes. I did Wild Rose a few times and it was around the same time that my colitis exploded (literally). I can't say that they are linked but I do not think it helped. I have to be pretty careful about making sure I don't eat crap that irritates my bowels in any way so "detoxes" are a nightmare.

Probably a better idea is a juice/smoothy cleanse (mainly veg) with tons of water? Or even just stick to veg for several days?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast