Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Exerience Journal (anniegebel) page

anniegebel Guest

Primal Exerience Journal (anniegebel)

Well, I've decided it's time to start my journal on here. I don't know why I've been nervous to do it before now, but I'm ready!

I first heard about living Primal living when John Durant was on The Colbert Report at the beginning of the month. A few days after the interview, when I was still thinking about what he'd said, I checked out his website and found MDA. Ever since I've been reading everything I can. I just started the book...I waited a week or two before ordering it.

I had about a week of "transitional" eating, using up what I'd bought that I couldn't afford to just get rid of. Then there were a few days where I thought I knew what I was doing, where I started journaling with pen and paper. After a couple days I started a FitDay journal and realized that I was still getting a lot of carbs (fruit, nuts, root veggies) without even realizing it. So I've been eating less carbs and more protein and fat for about a week.

I've been following a work out schedule, that I made for myself from the PB Fitness Pyramid, for two weeks. One of the days on the weekend I do sprints. Wednesdays I do HIIT. Monday and Friday I lift heavy things. And Tuesday, Thursday, and the other weekend day I go for a long walk or bike ride. Play is scattered throughout my week...tag with the kids, Twister, yoga, shorter walks.

Today's stats:

207.4 pounds, 5'7" tall

One of my reasons for starting today is to report yesterday's food. I loved the freedom I had and enjoyed yesterday!

Energy in:

2 eggs fried in bacon grease, bacon, and sauerkraut

small organic yogurt

handful of nuts

Soul Food Dinner at my daughter's preschool (meatloaf, beef stew, BBQ chicken, baked chicken, greens) so good!!!

Energy out:

HIIT (7 minutes of continuous reps of 10 each wide push ups, narrow push ups, crunches, extended sit ups, leg ups, squat thrusts, squat jumps, and lunges)

anniegebel Guest

Energy in:

eggs, bacon and kraut

fiest salad (red leaf lettuce, sautueed mushrooms and onions, baked chicken with taco seasoning, sprinkle of shredded cheese, salsa, avocado)

a cookie (my son's scout meeting had "goodies")

Energy out:

nothing special today, basic cleaning, folding and putting away clothes, sweeping, taking the gabage out...good stuff like that.

I would like to note two things though:

1.Normally after scout meetings I'm so frustrated (this pack is ridiculous) that I have a drink, something alcoholic. Tonight I have that stress and more going on. I opened the fridge to pull out a drink and it didn't even look good. Got some water instead and it totally hits the spot! I also think a jog would feel good right now, but it's a bit dark

2.At the scout meeting I heard things like "I'm trying to add fiber in my diet, I guess I'll have another oatmeal cookie." and "I'm gonna have to do extra on the treadmill tomorrow to work off this pizza." I was sad for them. I told one woman about PB and she said "Oh, is that the caveman thing?" She'd heard about it...but blew it off like I was telling her to really eat only bugs. I hope she got enough fiber with those cookies.

anniegebel Guest

Energy in:

spinach sauteed in cocnut oil (1st time using it!)

bacon

carrots

eggs

chai tea with 2 Tbsp hot chocolate

banana bread

bacon wrapped shrimp with pepperjack cheese

green beans

apple slices

Energy out:

Nothing really...unless stress counts.

Obviously I cheated a bit today. I'm working on liking tea more, so I'm slowly weaning myself off the hot chocolate. As for the banana bread...I could have done a lot worse. I don't feel any guilt over it. I don't even really feel "cheat" is the right word...PB allows for fallability. I'm only me and I'm doing the best I can. That's good enough for me.

I'd like to have gone for a nice long walk today, would have felt great, but didn't work out that way. I love, though, that that's my preference for clearing my mind.

anniegebel Guest

Energy In:

2 eggs fried with bacon and sauerkraut

bowl of homemade tomato soup and 1/4 avocado

chicken over bed of spinach (wilted in bacon grease and coconut oil, with balsamic vinegar)

peas

carrots

handful of chocolate chips

Energy out:

walked around with the kids, climbed over those big red balls out front of Target (don't tell my husband...he doesn't like when I'm acting silly in public), did the sledge hammer routine

I'm sitting here with a glass of water...trying not to go get another handful of chips. I'm really stressed and PMSing to boot. Life is hard, but I'm focused...gonna stay that way. I hope.

anniegebel Guest

I decided to do the survival week thing this week, focusing on #1 and the occasional IF, not sure about daily. My sister's in town for a few days, so the no treats part is going to be interesting, but I've done good today, so that's a start.

Energy in:

IF until 12:30

3 deviled eggs (made without mayo, with avocado)

turkey slices

handful nuts and raisins

BBQ beef

salad

sweet potato chip fries

Energy out:

did sprints this morning...walked/jogged for 20 seconds, sprinted for 10, continuously for aobut 4 mintutes. My knees hurt!

anniegebel Guest

Energy in:

sauerkraut, bacon, and 2 fried eggs (coconut oil)

turkey, lettuce, bacon

Clementine's orange

porkchop (seared in coconut oil and bacon grease), with tomato and onion

salad (mixed greens, carrot, pepper jack cheese, cucumber) with vinagrette

corn

Energy out:

30 minute beach walk

My sister is in town...enjoying the visit, but having to concentrate REALLY hard on following my plans and goals, but I'm doing decently I feel. And with PB's focus on reduced stress I'm feeling fine about however I'm doing. It's nice not to be riddled with guilt

anniegebel Guest

My sister left today...I'm looking forward to the rest of the week, getting back to my workouts and walks. I did really enjoy the down time with her, though.

Energy in:

2 hard boiled eggs smothered in veggie blend (pureed green beans, broccoli, carrots, and celery)

couple pieces turkey

chicken noodle soup without the noodles

rotissere chicken (mmmmm)

1/2 Clementine orange

corn

Energy out:

nada today

anniegebel Guest

just ate some nuts with a few raisins too. I'm really tired and should just go to bed but am waiting to hopefully get a phone call regarding the renting of our house...so I'm not going to bed yet. I'm stressed out and tired...nuts and raisins ain't so bad :-/

anniegebel Guest

Today was tough. I'm not dealing with stress well at all right now. But not as badly as I used too. Trust me on that.

Energy in:

2 eggs fried in coconut oil and bacon grease

bacon

avocado

sweet potato and spinach sauteed in bacon grease

2 handfuls chocolate chips

oopsie pizza with ham, bacon, onion, red pepper, chicken (http://wildernesschilde.blogspot.com...hat-works.html)

anniegebel Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Today I got out a little.

Energy out:

30 minute walk (cold!!!)

Energy in:

hard boiled egg

bacon

veggie soup

handful of nuts

Primal meatloaf

salad with vinagrette