Thread: Greetings from New Orleans! page

AKinNOLA is offline Junior Member

Greetings from New Orleans!

Shop Now
    How's it going all, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Ali, I'm currently living in New Orleans, Louisiana, and have been primal for almost a year now.
    I'm 5'8" I was at 184 lbs when I started, having reached that weight from 205 by doing a conventional lifting/hiit/bodyforlife program. I was stagnant at 185 for around a year, then I started Primal/Paleo. Immediately was down to 173, and within 6 months have been down to 158, a weight I had not seen since my freshman year of college when I was training to play D3 bball.
    Currently in Medical School, I've been having a harder time staying on primal over the past couple months, and have let myself gain a couple pounds. So here I am, hoping to stay active in the primal community to keep me motivated as I try to hit my goal of 155, 7% bodyfat by Memorial Day.

I find conventional medicine and primal to be mostly compatible, and more so every passing day as research continues to come out and validate many of the principles Mark and others espouse. You'd be surprised how many of my med school colleagues are starting to question the conventional wisdom of a carbohydrate based diet, and are moving towards all these ideas.

Anywats, hope to meet some cool primal folks, and if anyone is also in NOLA, drop me a line! It'd be fun to meet some other folks with the same interests,

All Best,

Ali
    Last edited by AKinNOLA; 03-09-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Hi neighbor! Typing this from my office in the CBD!

AKinNOLA is offline Junior Member
    Hi! You really are my neighbor, I'm in the CBD too!

cantat is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I used to live in NOLA and I miss it a lot!

Syd
    29/F
    5'4.5
    Highest weight: 220
    Starting weight: 195
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 127

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Ali. It's great to have a med student in our group.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

cajungrokgirl is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hey we have a great group on Facebook called NOLA Paleo. Check us out! the link is below!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/118536875009280/