Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testosterone page 2

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Thanks to dwkdnvr for also noting that iodine is also very important for hormonal production (including testosterone). I personally drink a lot of milk (I've not participated in any dairy restrictions as part of my diet), use TONS of salt and other spices on my food, and get a good deal of seafood, so I can't imagine I have low iodine levels.

Regarding tests for T-levels, people should bare in mind that there is substantial testosterone fluctuation throughout the week, month, and even the day. Levels are almost always higher in the morning or after a period of sexual arousal, for instance. So, just as most of us have learned to be skeptical when a doctor says, "High cholesterol, so buy statins!" also be leary if he's saying you have low testosterone and he's hawking synthetic testosterone to you. (It's also worth noting that there's a healthy variance between all people, and we're not all like Kobe Bryant or whatever.)

It's actually horrifying what's happened with testosterone and then replacement therapy: the powers-that-be have insidiously robbed Western males of it....and now they're trying to sell it back to us. This is like somebody stealing your car and then offering to give it back to you if you pay him money.

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    I've started tracking my testosterone on a quarterly basis since committing to primal 100% in July 2011. For whatever reason, my July bloodwork did not include a starting level, but from October to January increased . It's purely anectdotal at this point, but my levels were up 18% over the first quarter I measured with the first number probably being close to "low-t" for a guy in his mid 30's. My next panel is scheduled for 4/20. I will post up those results when I get them, if I remember.
    tcb - Please do remember to share your results and anything else you learn with us. (Although I would ask you to allow for the margin of error in the tests and the variance in the amounts of testosterone in your body throughout the day. But you sound more knowledgeable than me, so you probably take that into account, already.)

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBrennan View Post
    tcb - Please do remember to share your results and anything else you learn with us. (Although I would ask you to allow for the margin of error in the tests and the variance in the amounts of testosterone in your body throughout the day. But you sound more knowledgeable than me, so you probably take that into account, already.)
    I'm trying to keep the variables as close to the same as possible, ie fasted state, untrained, same time, same day of the week, etc. but I haven't been doing it long enough to put a whole lot of stock in the numbers yet. I feel like my testosterone levels are higher, more energy, better workouts, higher sex drive, etc.. but again it's all purely anectdotal at this point.

Soil To Sustenance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoAlex View Post
    It is never too late to boost your testosterone.

Additional tips for getting the best bang for your buck: get a full night's rest every night (at sleep is when most of it is made), embrace cold weather or even cold showers, drop chronic cardio, pick up resistance training, and even adopt more dominant sitting and standing poses (just acting dominant causes your testosterone to rise in response oddly enough).
    Agree 100% with the comment above about sleep. And in addition reducing stress in every way that is reasonable for your lifestyle. Chronic stress means increased cortisol and lower testosterone.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I don't have any test results but I'm pretty sure mine has gone up significantly. Hair has started coming back to my arms and legs. (I'm 69.) I just "feel" like I have more. And then there is that built in gauge that men have in the morning.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12