Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 9

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yup. Legumes are on the no no list for mold and Lectins?. However, my husband makes fabulous chili which will not avoid. I still have PB too once in a while or peanuts in an emergency situation. I love almond butter, but can binge on it easily. I sometimes have almond butter and a banana for breakfast when I get tired of eggs.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Leonard Cohen! I love Leonard Cohen! I was listening to him at the gym last night. 'Who by Fire' is excellent for stalking around the track, with long determined strides. What a great treat to look forward to!

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    Ok..now i have to look up Leonard Cohen . I always love songs but never know who sings them..i'm old like that
    Last edited by vanessa40; 03-29-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Hi! Thanks for the reminder that today was Thankful Thursday! I was so energetically wasting the day on self-pity I almost missed my favorite part of today

Hope your day is going awesome!!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    It's thankful Thursday: I'm thankful because I was able to buy 2 tickets to Leonard Cohen's concert in Ghent in august
    The Old Ideas tour? Very cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Leonard Cohen! I love Leonard Cohen! I was listening to him at the gym last night. 'Who by Fire' is excellent for stalking around the track, with long determined strides. What a great treat to look forward to!
    +2728465683!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Wow, have been very busy these last days. And won't be home tomorrow all day, as I'll be in Disneyland Paris with 8 kids all day (and 8 hours in a bus ).

Just a entry, because I want to go to sleep early, I have to get up at 4h30 tomorrow!
    first of all: anyone seen this film: Free Worldwide Online Premiere Cinema | FOODMATTERSŪ => really interesting! You can still watch it for free until tomorrow evening! Just enter a name and e-mail address.

I've made quiche (without crust of course ) with broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes and pancetta (Italian bacon) as my lunch tomorrow, have packed a few BBBBalls to have for breakfast and some nuts as a snack.

For today I've made pork cheeks, for the very first time. I made them in the slow-cooker and boy that was so good!!! Very tasty and tender and lovely. I made it with shallots, turnips and Belgian Westmalle trapist beer (a dark brown beer). So yummie! I roasted some pumpkin with chili flakes, salt, pepper and cumin in the oven as a side dish.

Yesterday I had an intro-class at a local CrossFit gym (20 minutes drive from my place). I went there with my kids and now they all want to join . My oldest son D (16) will be going to WOD with me and DH 2 times a week and the 2 younger sons will be joining the kids WOD's on Saturday morning. My whole body is hurting now, but it was such fun! I was even able to do 3 burpees and 5 chin-ups (with help of a rubber band). I'm looking forward to going again.

OK, I'll be back on Monday, probably (will need Sunday to recover ). Have a nice weekend!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I so want to check out crossfit, but the membership is too expensive for us right now. Have a great time at Disney!!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Disneyland Paris with 8 kids. That's only slightly insane! So, my big question. Can one stay primal at Disneyland Paris?:-) Hope you have a super time.

Not sure I can do primal. Been trying about 2 1/2 months. My problem is that I have no illnesses, no stomach upsets, nothing. I think my one issue -- migraines -- is a nitrate, chemical additive type thing -- and it seems to be gone. Other than that, I'm back to gaining. Weird. I mean, I feel great after a pint of really good ice cream. I feel fine with cheese in general unless I have too much. I feel great with peanuts and legumes. Rice and grains not so much -- but certainly not any issues. The meats, fishes, fowls, and eggs just don't make me feel good. Fruit makes me feel great as long as I can eat other food. I'm not a fruitarian:-) Lettuces, fruits, goat cheeses, coconut water (and coconut milk in smoothies), kombucha, green-white-rooibos type teas, ice cream (a good kind) -- those are the things that make me feel good. Weird. Some bizarre form of primal that would be.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Pam...you're post just reminded me!! The way you eat sounds very much like my honey's sister. She can not tolerate meat well. Eats very little. Maybe a little chicken on occasion but not much. They do eat salmon frequently...they live in Idaho so can get it very fresh. She eats alot of yogurt...alot of vegi's...cheeses...used to eat lots of pasta's but she went gluten free last summer & I don't know if she replaced with rice pasta or not. Living up there of course she has access to alot of fruit, so she does eat alot of that as well. She thinks she has a bad gall bladder, so she tries to be careful. She is not overweight...never has been & has maintained her weight all her life! But to me she seems to be sick alot.

I'm not sure I would worry about being all that primal. hell there were probably days when all the Grok family had to eat was fruit, vegi's some nuts or seeds, cause they didn't have any meat to eat!!! As long as you can stay close to it what the heck!! You have to do what feels good to you!!

sleep tight! I'm off to bed!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, if I skip the yogurt and too much cheese and all pasta, do you think I'll survive well? Gosh, how does one even figure out they have a bad gall bladder or bad adrenals or whatever? Well, I am virtually never sick -- just that time I tried too much dairy -- but I am quite fat, so maybe I'll be okay:-) My youngest son always tells me it doesn't matter what diet I follow anymore -- I just need to lose the unhealthy fat!

Candy in Wonderland -- Just how primal was Disneyworld Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    Pam...you're post just reminded me!! The way you eat sounds very much like my honey's sister. She can not tolerate meat well. Eats very little. Maybe a little chicken on occasion but not much. They do eat salmon frequently...they live in Idaho so can get it very fresh. She eats alot of yogurt...alot of vegi's...cheeses...used to eat lots of pasta's but she went gluten free last summer & I don't know if she replaced with rice pasta or not. Living up there of course she has access to alot of fruit, so she does eat alot of that as well. She thinks she has a bad gall bladder, so she tries to be careful. She is not overweight...never has been & has maintained her weight all her life! But to me she seems to be sick alot.

I'm not sure I would worry about being all that primal. hell there were probably days when all the Grok family had to eat was fruit, vegi's some nuts or seeds, cause they didn't have any meat to eat!!! As long as you can stay close to it what the heck!! You have to do what feels good to you!!

sleep tight! I'm off to bed!!

Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast