Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 85

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks PC, seems like it's a little better. i hope I sleep better this night and can do some lunch prepping for te week tomorrow
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Hoping Monday morning found you feeling better Heal quickly!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Thinking about you, Candy.

Back is better thanks to heavy doses of cortisone and some rest . Now I have a cold (like everybody around me!), but I'm kicking it's ass with bone broth and fermented skate liver oil.

Yesterday I went for a nice walk in the wood with DH, that hadn't happened for too long! We're planning on making this a weekly thing again .

I'm at school, just finished a writing assessment. I think spelling is fine, but wasn't able to make it long enough (we had to write a letter approx. 500 words long, I think I have about half of that :/ ). Well, let's just hope I passed. Tomorrow I have a swim assessment. That's going to be interesting . Bought a new swimming suite last week, because all my old ones were too big .

Ah, finished the whole 30 yesterday! I wanted a treat after lunch, so thought about a small piece of chocolate. Then I noticed the tub of sour cream. Yeah, who wants chocolate if you can have sour cream . Weighed myself yesterday morning, I lost 1.7 kg last month. Not bad at all.

Ok, back to class now!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Hey Candy, you have certainly been going through a lot of stuff lately! Thinking of you and proud of you too - going back to school and all. Sour cream - mmmmm!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

It's my birthday on Sunday. In class I said I turn 18 with 25 years of experience .
    Got money from my parents and in-laws, so I just ordered a Jawbone up. Sad there aren't any of the fancier colours available here in belgium , so I went with the onyx one, that'll look good with whatever clothes I wear .

Hey Candy, I know you are super busy - but we miss hearing from you here. Drop in some time and get us all up to date on what is going on

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Oh hi Coll, thanks for "calling" me . Yeah, I've been super busy with school stuff, but it's going great! I have passed all the assessments I've done so far (even with good grades), so I'm happy. Unfortunately I'm having a little problem at the moment and have been home on sick leave the past week, and will be home the next 2 weeks too . I'll have a lot of work to catch up .
    I've been in pain for the past few weeks, it started with something that felt like a bladder infection, but moved really quickly to my kidneys. Wow, never new that kidneys could hurt so much! My doctor put me on antibiotics, but after a week I didn't feel the slightest bit better. So they took a sample and put me on penicillin, but the sample came back negative for bladder infection and the penicillin didn't make it any better either. My kidneys were still "killing" me, so my doc was worried (and so was I), she ordered x-rays and an ultrasound of my belly; she rang the hospital herself and I could go in to have them done the same day. On the ultrasound they found "something" in my lower abdomen, so she arranged for me to go to the gynecologist the next day: he found a cyst the size of a goose egg on my right ovary. The pain in my kidneys is probably caused by this cyst pressing on my right kidney.
    I'm going to the hospital tomorrow, for surgery to have the cyst removed. And the gynecologist said I'll have to be on the pill for a year, because it's caused by my menstruation "bleeding" upwards towards the ovary, so I shouldn't be menstruating for a year. This should solve the underlying problem. I am NOT amused! I was so happy to be off hormonal anti-conception, as it really messes with my sex drive (as in: non-existing) and I'm not looking forward to turning into the Ice Queen again!!! But well, it's only for one year, I guess :/ .

You know what worries me most about going into the hospital? The food! Hahaha, really! So I made a banana bread that I'll be taking with me so that I'll have at least something paleo-friendly to eat! I also prepared some hard-boiled eggs for a healthy snack. I know what food looks like in hospital and I'm NOT looking forward to eating that crap! I'll bring my own food, thank you. Luckily there's a fridge in every room in the hospital, so that's not a problem. And I only have to stay one night.

I'll try to pop in once in a while to keep you updated .

Thanks for the update Candy! So sorry about the pain and cyst ... I hope the surgery goes well! I have to agree about the food in the hospital Hopefully you recover really quickly. Keep checking in so we know how you are doing!!! Good on you for the studying - not that we had any doubts about how you would do

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey candy! Saw the pic on Instagram of the room & wondered what was going on. I couldn't translate what was said! lol. I'm sorry to hear about the cyst but glad they will be able to remove it & you will only be there one night. Will be thinking good thoughts for you!!
    Take care of yourself!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!