Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 81

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I eat rice once in a while and it doesn't seem to bother me.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Soooooo, I worked my last day at the office (and hopefully any office) on Monday. And I will be starting school in 3 weeks: 3 years of school to become a kindergarten teacher! I have a few busy weeks still ahead, will see when I have time to post/read journals...but just so you know: all is well.
    Ah, I'll be starting a Whole30 as of september 1st.

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Yay for your new career.

I got glutened again! With a bar of chocolate! WTF??? Why put wheat flour in a filling in chocolate?
    I didn't read the ingredients because, you know, chocolate . Not a smart choice because it was white chocolate with a pistacchio filling, too much sugar anyway! But I enjoyed it anyway. And this morning I got up all achey: all my joints are aching, especially my wrists, elbows and shoulders . At first I thought the sugar was the culprit (I've been eating quite clean lately), so I was looking at the ingredients on the wrapper of the chocolate bar....and then I saw dit had gluten in it .

Anyway, if there's still any doubt that my fibro is mainly caused by gluten, I am now really sure gluten is the devil for me!!! Damn it, I'm in pain and I hate it! I used to feel like this (and worse) every day for years!!! Oh, and I'm not looking forward to the brainfog kicking in, but if I react like last time it'll be there around lunch time .

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Same here, Candy -- but I'm not nearly as sensitive to it as you are. I'm not sure if its the gluten or if its the lectins that cause the pain and inflammation - but I do my best to avoid all grains. I can have the occasional bit of wheat flour or sugar with no problems, but I have to really limit the amount. Nothing is worth the pain, fatigue and brain fog. Hope you're feeling better soon --- perhaps doubling up on the water intake will help flush things out faster?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

So, after being glutened last week, 2 days later I had to go visit the doctor in the middle of the night! Just before heading to bed on Friday night I thought some mosquito's had been feasting on me, as I had itchy ,'bumps' on both arms. But the 'bumps' turned into blisters (lots of blisters) really quickly! I went to bed anyway, but had to get up around an hour later, as I was itching terribly over my whole body! My arms, upper legs, breasts, belly and back were FULL of hives, as you can see in the attached pictures:

.ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1378146716.514807.jpg

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1378146755.985303.jpg

The doctor had to give me 2 injections in order to calm my body. He made me list everything I had eaten and thinks it might have been 'something' (fertilizer, weed killer?) on the tomatoes I had with dinner. I try to buy organic as luch as possible, but this time I'd gotten a different 'kind' of tomatoe to try, and it wasn't organic. I think that maybe my body also overreacted because I had just been glutened 2 days before? Anyhow, only organic veggies from now on for me! This was really scary!

Today school has started again for the kids here in Belgium. And I went to school to register myself 8) . I'll start school in 2 weeks, yay!

I started a whole 30 yesterday, I know it's going to work out fine this time, because I'm mentally in a far better place than last time, witout the stress if my pland were going to work out as I wanted them. Everything is going ad planned now .

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Hi ya candy! Just popped in to say hi & I'll try to get caught up with you the best I can. In the meantime...I did go back to the beginning of this page...mega congrats on becoming a kindergarten teacher!! You will be great I'm sure!!

I hear ya on being in a better place this time...although I haven't done a whole30 before. As much as I had seen it mentioned last year around the forum I never paid a lick of attention to it! Just like the whole leptin reset thing...I had read about that & it didn't interest me...I had a hard enough time wrapping my head around the whole primal thing...lol. But this time it was like a light bulb came on & it was like oh wow! So this is what every one was raving about! I get it!! lol. & also have seen that you don't have to eat dried up pieces of meat & boring vegi's! The book really helped change my attitude about how simple (& delicious) this could really be!! Woo hoo! Can't wait to hit the grocery store tomorrow!

I'll be popping in to see how you're doing!
    Hugs!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    PS: I'm so sorry about the hives. Hubby developed them back in the early 90's. we think to a sudden allergy to chocolate & peanuts. never could figure it out exactly. He went thru every allergy test known at the time. For about a year or so he suffered horribly...huge welts that practically drove him crazy. His fingers would sometimes swell up so bad they would crack & bleed. His lips swole up so bad a few times he looked like a tribesman from Africa! I had to hide the hairbrushes because he would itch so bad. They said (at the time) there was nothing they could do for him. I tried everything I could get my hands on...put him on an organic diet...did a liver cleanse...hell even herb poultices! lol. Nothing helped. We never knew what would set them off. It was so frustrating & I felt so bad, so I know what it's like & I hope you NEVER get them again! He will get a little one every now & then now but it's about as annoying as a mosquito bite.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Wow, those are some hives! Sorry you had to experience that. Congratulations on starting school, how exciting! I know you will be very busy but hope you will stop in from time to time and let us know how you are doing, especially with the Whole30.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

tomi is offline Senior Member
    EEEsh! hope you are feeling better and all that hive business has cleared up.

A very long time ago I had a bad reaction to eating fresh picked strawberries. Basically full on anaphylactic shock! Minus the closed airways. My BP dropped to 80/50 and I was covered head to toe with hives. Doc told my ex husband - "either you drive her to ER or I'm calling an ambulance but she's got to get there ASAP" - he drove me. I thought I was dying. I haven't eaten a fresh strawberry since. Frozen, but not fresh.

Scary to think what they put on the food we are supposed to eat............... (shudder!!)
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast