Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 79

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That does sound good, you should give it a try and let me know .

The past weeks (well since I started eating low FODMAP) I've started to feel a lot better and less bloated. The scales still show the same weight, but my stomach is definitely flatter and I'm starting to have a waistline! A friend at Crossfit says I look very good and that my eyes are less puffy. Also my husband says He feels I'm getting firmer. So I think I might be converting some fat to muscles! I've started doing IF again: bulletproof coffee in the morning and an 8-hour eating window (12 - 8 pm) making sure I eat enough carbs to keep my thyroid going. I'm feeling great .

Althoug I'm eating quite clean at the moment, I'm enjoying a glass of wine now and then (and Sunday I had 2 mojito's and 1 caipirinha we were at a festival). I'm planning on doing a W30 in September.
    Last edited by Candy in Wonderland; 07-31-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm excited for your whole30 in September. Baring any complications, I'll be continuing into September with mine.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I am going to try the mac and cheese! And I am sure to add some ground beef - can't miss the opportunity for meat I think that once my folks are gone I will also do a getting back to business way of eating for a while! Probably starting in September because I am going to celebrate first!!!!!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks that I haven't put on any kind of footwear. So I've been completely barefoot for almost a month! Today I found the first thing I can't do barefoot: double unders. After 'whipping' my toes several times I gave up . Good thing we only had to practice double unders, the other people in the training didn't know how to do them yet. I'm rather good at double unders and the coach knows, so he let me do some box jumps instead .

Oy that would hurt! I so wish I could go completely barefoot. Stupid USDA and it's laws... *scoff*

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Yes - shoes are rather nice when jumping rope. I've smacked mine a few times too many when running out to the patio for a few quick jumps - sans shoes.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Experimenting with fermentation again today! After 2 succesful batches of Kimchi (love the stuff!!!) and fermented cucumbers from Sally fallon's bible, today I've tried to make a recipe of my own. My husband loves 'Belgian Pickles'. It's actually a relish with cauliflower, cucumber and onions in a sauce containing mustard and turmeric. But the stuff you can buy in the supermarket is also full of crap: modified starch, sugar, food coloring E102 (it even says on the label this food coloring can influence children's behavior negatively *gasp*)! And this is a kind with little crap. Sme of them contain gluten and even more crap! It's one of DH's 'indulgences', but I wanted to try to make a really healthy variant. It already smells like something I could try to eat (I never eat the store bought stuff, never liked it, yuck!).

You all know I put my middle son on glutenfree, caseinfree diet as well? It started off as an experiment for his Aspergers, then we noticed his acne is loooooooots less when he stays on course (we know if he's eaten sth with gluten or milk, as the next day his skin will break out immediately). DS2 also had a lot of crusts on his scalp (seborrheic dermatitis) since he was a baby, and it never went away. As a result he has a lot of dandruff, especially when his hair grows a little longer. Today I noticed like whole peices of these crusts hanging loose in his hair! I have combed his hair with a fine comb and the crusts just came off his scalp! Then he washed his hair and it's the first time EVER that I've seen his scalp pink, healthy and without crusts! I made before and after pictures:
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1375541871.709265.jpg

tomi is offline Senior Member
    excellent on the scale improvement!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Brady has what we call "cradle cap" in one little area on his head. I usually have to comb it out while he's in the shower. I wonder if this is a form of eczema?? I never noticed any difference with it when he was gluten free, but I also wasn't looking for any differences. Glad to know. Thanks, Candy.

And I'm so glad for your son that his scalp condition has improved. It's hard enough to go through childhood - I can't imagine having a 'skin condition' makes it easier.

Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast