Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 77

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Leonard Cohen was amazing, as usual! I want to be like that when I'm his age! The show started at 8:15 and finished at 23:30 with only 15 minutes break.

We went to a BBQ on Saturday, I only ate 1 patty, 3 scampi, 3 slices of bacon and veggies (cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, carrots) with a little mayo. And then I had a little (about 2 tbsp) rice pudding. Wow, it was so sweet! I'm not used to this kind of sweetness anymore, I didn't even like it much.
    Yesterday DH and I went to a restaurant before the concert: good meat, small side salad (I removed the onions, which were thick cut so easy) and I had a crème brûlée for dessert. It was really good.

So, only dairy (milk/cream) and sugar as downfalls this weekend and guess what? I'm constipated today *sigh*. Seems like dairy is not my friend anymore .
    Today I didn't have vegetables to take to work, so I though I'd take some from the salad bar: I took some cucumber/radishes salad and tomato/pepper salad. Only after eating a few tablespoons I noticed there was onion in both: *FAIL*! My stomach hurts a little now. I really have to get used to check for things like onions and garlic! But the choices here at work are very limited. Even in the salad bar most veggies have dressing or they mix up different veggies (like carrots and cabbage: couldn't eat that because of the cabbage!). Oh well, I'll just have to make sure to take my own food, so that I don't have to depend on whatever they put together here at work! I can get hold of hardboiled eggs though so I ate 3 meatmuffins (homemade, with ground pork, yellow and red peppers, turmeric and curry powder, very yummie!) and 2 hb eggs. I brought some strawberries as a snack for later .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Its a real challenge eating according the fodmaps rules isn't it? Yesterday we went out to our favorite Mexican place. I ordered my favorite dish - its shrimp in a slurry of veggies and a little cheese over the top. The sauce is wonderful - but was all the veggies I'm not supposed to eat. I tried to pick around them as much as possible but still ate some. This morning I wasn't in any pain - but my bowels got sufficiently cleaned out. So - I'm pretty well convinced that fructose is my major issue with all the diarrhea. Also - since stopping the vitamin C last week I haven't had a tummy ache. Sure hoping I've found my fix!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I hope so for you too, Tomi!

Wootwoot, middle son has passed! I have no doubt youngest has passed too (he gets his results tomorrow). Oldest will know later today, and then can start looking for yet another school (4th in 4 years, he's running out of options).

I've been a little lax with the fodmaps the last days and I'm constipated again. Isn't it strange how the same things give one person diarrhea and another person the exact opposite? But let me tell you it was worth it! We had DH's boss (from Philadelphia) and 2 colleagues for dinner yesterday. I made Italian antipasto (raw ham, coppa, salame with melon), then slow roasted crispy duck legs (recipe on my blog) with fennel-orange salad, grilled veggies-on-a-stick and oven-roasted potatoes. Dessert was an awesome homemade mango-sorbet with strawberrie 'soup'. The sorbet was sweetened with just a little honey and the 'soup' with a little maple syrup. So good!!! Today I'm back to low fodmap.

Gotta run, I have to pick up little niece from school, she's staying here overnight while her parents and baby brother are shopping at the Disneyland Paris (she chose to go to the school picnic instead of going to Disneyland!).

All 3 my sons have passed. The 2 youngest had very happy teachers, they are doing really well. Oldest has good votes, but has been expelled from school, so.he has to look for another school. Again. 4 schools in 4 years. I am fed up with his behavior. He stays in bed till well after lunch time, the, gets up and gets out. I only have a vague idea where he is or what he's doing. Yesterday I was going from one school to another (for DS2 and DS3), then to the hairdresser with 2 boys, while he was in bed. Then I got a text message from DS1: well, as I have good grades I think I deserve 5 euro's, when are you home? I sent a message back that I didn't know when I would be home (had to wait at the hairdresser for 2 boys, then had to pick up a few parcels) and this could certainly wait. He demanded where I was, he would come to pick up the money...what??? I NEVER gave money for good grades and I'm not starting now. Besides he still owes us money (we pay for his cell phone but last month he spent 3 times more than he was allowed, so he has to pay it back). And although yes, his grades are good, he got expelled! He called me and I told him I didn't want to discuss this over the phone. He then called me like 20 times while I was in the car, I turned off my phone. He left me 5 voicemails callong me names and said he hoped I had an accident. He the took back those words, but called me some more names.

I don't know what to do with him anymore...I just want him to grow up, get a job and get out of this house so we can live in peace...

oh wow...... I'm so sorry you are having these troubles with your son. Maybe he needs to go to one of those boot camps from troubled kids? Looks like he has one more year of school.......... then he can figure out life on his own!
    Last edited by tomi; 07-01-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I can't help but wonder/worry about what he's doing outside of the home. This could be 'normal' teenage stuff or, possibly, he could have gotten hooked up with the wrong crowd and is using drugs. If it were my son, I'd have him tested... but that's me. Obviously, I don't know your son and have no idea what things are like at your house, but based on what you have described, I'd be doing some testing, bedroom ransacking and following to see what he's up to.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

We do all that, Jenn, even had him tested on drugs.
    At the moment he's hanging out with a boy his age from Italy, who is here with his dad for the summer. They work on a european summer market every weekend, but on weekdays they don't have much to do, so,he hangs out with the boy and sometimes guides the father and his co-worker around town (apparently he's quite a good an enhusiastic guide ).
    Today he managed to get himself inscribed in the school were he got expelled 2 years ago!!! They recognized him, but welcomed him back (i guess they think/hope he'll do better this time around). I am happy and relieved and only hope he doesn't f*ck up this time! He still has 2 years of school to do. His teachers this year said he's really talented for this job (presser/printer preparer) so it would be such a shame if he blew it again .

The 2 youngest kids are at summer camp for the very first time and I miss them so much . I'm sure they're having a great time though, can't wait to hear their stories on saturday!

My body is feeling better again and bowels are fine again . I'm still taking a low FODMAP approach, but have relaxed my approach to food a bit. I started to eat meat for breakfast, finally . I 'm not tracking and I'm just eating when I'm hungry and eating what I feel like eating, as long as it's low in fodmap's. And guess what? The scale is moving down! I guess stress is really a show-stopper for me!

Candy - I'm so excited to see that this fodmaps approach is working well for you also. I've been eating a mostly meat diet for a month now and am loving it. Its a bit boring at times but I'm seeing some amazing changes to my body - and my bowels seem to be happier also. Lots less abdominal distress and less frequent bathrooms runs. I was apple to eat about a 1/4 of an apple last night with NO pain

How encouraging that your son has taken the initiative to get re-enrolled in school. I'm sure he'll find his way and be just fine. Positive encouragement is always the best approach to kids who have a hard time navigating their lives.

Enjoy the summer!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Nothing much to report. Kids have holidays, so the days I don't work are nice and easy . I've been completely barefoot for 7 days in a row, I even went to work at the office barefoot! I did bring my huaraches with me, just in case, but nobody said anything (they probably just think I'm either weird or plain crazy ).

My weight has gone down slightly, but I feel my stomach is getting a little flatter. TOM is due between now and 3 days, but I don't feel anything yet. I have been taking the vitex regularly this month, as well as a kelp supplement (to keep my thyrois running smoothly) and magnesiums. I stopped taking the omega 3 supplements, as we eat fatty fish at least 4 times/week, and D3 as there's enough sun at the moment.

Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast