Page 75 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 75

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Now only if you hid the marijuana in some of that delicious looking baking of yours he'd be able to hide it. Terrible... I know. But I'm not much older than he and my mind wandered there!

You should check out savingdinner.com's webnair tonight. It may actually be of value to you. It explores a metabolic disease that often goes unnoticed/detected called hashimotos. It targets the thyroid. If you get on their mailing list they will send you a link. If you'd like though you can pm me your email address and I can forward you a link.

Edit: Follow this link http://savingdinner.com/healinghashimotos to sign up if you're interested.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Lol ecks! I was baking a banana bread yesterday and DH came in and asked: what's that you're baking? It smells weird! Told him I didn't venture into baking space cake yet , just paleo banana bread.

Thanks for the link! I'll have a look at it tonight.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I found paleo cornbread the other day. DH is thrilled!!

Sorry to hear about son getting into trouble again. I think you're doing the right thing in making him take care of it this time. I hope he learns and does something about it. I'm not sure how it is in Belgium, but in the US it's VERY hard to get by without an education. Best of luck to him.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yesterday oldest son actually cleaned his room *gasp*! On a SUNDAY MORNING!! Without me and/or DH asking anything (actually we weren't even home, we were visiting my MIL who had bought 4 kgs of strawberries for me )!!! I said to my husband: "I'm sure he's been abducted by aliens ". DH replied: "Good, I'll keep the alien ".
    Good thing we didn't loose our sense of humor, it's what gets us through these times.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about the son stress. Hang in there.

Coll is online now Senior Member
    I said to my husband: "I'm sure he's been abducted by aliens ". DH replied: "Good, I'll keep the alien ".
    LOL! Good for you for keeping your sense of humor in the midst of the challenges!! I hope that your son will be able to make his way to a healthier outlook on life without too much mess in the process.

It is wonderful that you have been getting such big orders for your bars etc!! Positive stress is good in a way, but still stress. I hope you can figure out what is going on with the doc! Frustrating when you are doing everything 'right' and you still don't feel good! I can totally relate .... have just started some supplements from a naturopathic doc to help me with whatever is going on.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

***TMI WARNING***

I'm still gaining weight instead of loosing and I'm so bloated my belly looks like a big balloon...and feels like it's gonna burst any minute! Not a pleasant feeling . I am in the middle of TOM, but after 3 days it should start to normalize and it doesn't. Also my stomach (my whole belly actually) is feeling very tender to touch. Today I'm constipated (type 1 on the Bristol Stool scale), although normally it's type 3 - 4.

I'm fed up with this! I just want to feel good again. I'm looking up fodmap's and plan to do a period of squeaky clean paleo minus fodmaps for a while and then re-introduce fodmap's one by one, so I can see/feel how I react to them.
    I see that the vegetables we eat most are almost all on the fodmap list (broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, fennel, onions, peppers,....), and also a lot of fruit is...and avocado's . But at least eggs, meat and fish are all ok (as are most nuts).

Would 1 month be enough for the elimination period? Or is it 3 months? Luckily there's some information on FODMAP's on Practical Paleo! But if you are aware of a good book and/or website with information, please share, thank you!

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Candy I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling good! That is such an uncomfortable feeling and surely is an indicator of something going on. I think you are wise to try eliminating the FODMAP's for a while - I have no idea on the details though. I hope you can feel better soon! Let us know how you get along.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

I had been seeing a toxicologist/nutritionalist a few times. She had told me to increase my fruit, veg and dairy intake and lower my meat/fish intake. The first time I talked to her I thought she might be able to help me; then the second appointment she gave me all this very CW advise: my fiber intake is too low, she says, so I should start eating legumes and glutenfree grains and pseudo grains (I didn't, of course!!!); my inflammation markers were high and cholesterol slightly high => she says inflammation markers are high due to my high cholesterol. But my cholesterol is WAY WAY WAY lower than it used to be 18 months ago and had been even higher before, without inflammation markers!! It didn't make sense to me. But hey, I went there to look for help, right? So I decided to follow SOME of her advise and eat more fruit, more veg and start eating more dairy (greek yoghurt, good quality cheese from raw milk). And after 10 days I felt like my belly was going to explode and looked 6 months pregnant.

So I sent her a mail yesterday and she replied that taking on the FODMAP diet is NOT a good idea, as I would be lacking nutrients if I did; she even has people with IBS who follow her advises and feel lots better (duh, if they cut out processed foods and gluten at first they WILL feel better!). I just had to lower dry fruit intake (I ate 1 handfull of raisins in 10 days, don't think that's causing my problems....she did advise me to eat dry fruit daily) and stop taking the psyllium husk (I wasn't even taking that! I follow Mark's view on fiber....I'll have fiber from fruit and veg, thank you). She says what I'm feeling now is just my body adjusting to more fiber in my bowels....well, if this is how that feels I don't WANT my body to adjust to more fiber!!!

Anyhow, after one day on fodmap diet my belly now looks 4 months pregnant instead of ready-to-deliver and is feeling a little softer. I think I'm onto something.....and I also think I won't spend any more money on the toxicologist/nutritionalist.

Ugh, I'm soooooo done with cramps and constipation!
    Drinking lots of water and herbal tea...

Page 75 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast