Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Oh, I've bought such nice minimalist shoes: Zest Glove - Women's - J57420 | Merrell ; they look like ballerina's so I can wear them to work. Couldn't do that with my vibrams. I'm wearing them to work today and I'm loving it!
    I bought those on-line, but I had to return them because they were too tight across the top of my foot. I bought these instead. Love them too!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I had a girlfriend who had that same problem. She ended up having some mesh sling thing placed on her bladder that has stopped that from happening, but I have heard there are problems with some of the slings... however I have also heard that kegels can help. So sorry for your embarrassment. I can't even imagine.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yeah, kegels should help. I already visited a urologist but he thinks I'm too young for surgery (especially because it can be a risky surgery). I need to exercise those muscles .
    Yesterday I did 50 squats and 4x30 sec planks before breakfast, and DH and I went for a 1.5 hour walk after dinner.
    This morning I did 55 squats and 4x30 sec planks, no walking yet. Will go for a walk again after dinner . I lost another 500 gr overnight, so I really think I was right thinking it was a lot to do with stress! Now I'm feeling much more relaxed I'm losing all the water weight! I feel a lot better about myself now and am looking forward to re-start the W30 on Monday.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

This is awesome

I've been adopted!!!!!! Finally, after 37 years and at the 4th attempt i'm finally adopted by my stepdad. We got the letter from court today. I'm so happy and of course I'm crying my eyes out . I've got a bottle of champagne in the fridge for tonight. We're going to do like a 'baby shower' this summer with all of our friends and family! It'll be so great to be able to celebrate this with all the people we love!

Aw congratulations!!! How exciting!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Wow Candy! That is amazing - congratulations on so many levels! But esp. being adopted officially! Have fun celebrating!

I can relate to the agonizing embarrassment of losing control of bodily functions in a public place - the WORST feeling! Hugs coming your way! Kegels is actually very helpful, also jumping on a mini-trampoline. I have heard of people gradually increasing the time and intensity of bouncing on the rebounder and having good results with bladder control! Stress can really make your body freak out and hold onto all kinds of water. Thinking of you with your job - hope that all works out well!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Thinking of you with your job - hope that all works out well!
    It will but that's all I can say for now.

Yesterday was my middlest son's 13th birthday, we celebrated with the whole family. Actually it was the very first all gluten-free party we had . We made tomato soup, carnitas with a side of raw vegetables, guacamole, sour cream and 5 kinds of gluten-free focaccia (not paleo, only gluten-free). All homemade of course. Then I made a strawberry cake, a chocolate cake and an almond cake for dessert (will add pictures later). Today I'm having carnitas for lunch nd dinner (luckily I don't mind ).

Oldest is in trouble again at school *sigh*. I'm kind of getting used to it, it doesn't completely freak me out for a week anymore. I don't know if that's a good sign

So much going on on your journal! I gotta start popin by on the weekends! Congrats on being adopted! That's a huge deal!

That hadfield video is awesome! I got to attend a livestream from space at work 2 or so months ago. It was awesome seeing how gorgeously clear the video was! It would trip me out that as a hand talker he would let go of the microphone and just talk as it floated there! Lord knows he's probably dropped a million things out of habit since getting back!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Shop Now
    And then it got silent . There's indeed a lot going on in my life, so much I just didn't have time to pop in here!
    I received a massive order (for my Wonderbars) from a Dutch paleo-dietician and have been working like crazy to get it all ready in time; and a second order came in right after, still working on that one (delivering on Wednesday)! She's interested not only in my paleo 'wonderbars' (energy bars), but also in other snacks (almond cookies, brownies, donuts; all grain-free and refined sugar-free of course). She sells them on paleo introduction workshops! I'm thrilled (and exhausted ).

In addition to this (positive) stress another episode of son-stress came along: oldest son has been expelled again. 3 schools in 3 years time....*sigh*. At least this time they allow him to do his exams, but I'm really fed up with my son right now! Unfortunately this time drugs are involved (marijuana) and he's expelled together with 3 other boys in his class. I can't blame the school, they gave him several warnings and many opportunities to get a grip. But if the kid refuses, what can they do...what can I do??? At least I'm not feeling guilty over it anymore. I realise there's only so much parents can do. He's 17 years old, he has to start taking responsibility for his actions instead of blaming everything and everyone but himself. I told him I wasn't going to search another school for him. He can do that himself. Any way you turn it, it won't be full-time school anymore, he's running out of options here!

As for my stalled weight loss (actually I'm gaining weight ) I'm seeing a doctor (Nutrition, Metabolism and Toxicology). I've had my blood tested and had to keep a food diary for a week. Seeing her again on Thursday with my lab results, I'm curious what she thinks! Lab results show elevated inflammation markers . But my cholesterol looks so much better than a few years ago (and I'm eating waaaaay more eggs and pork and red meat than I have in years ).