Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 73

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My "tests" went great! I really can see myself as a kindergarten teacher, really enjoyed the day. Had several chats with different teachers as well, talking about all the things we as parents don't see but are part of the job: after school meetings, administration, preparation etc.

Soooo, now I'll have to talk to my boss and see what the possibilities are...I have a meeting scheduled with him in one week. Can you keep your fingers crossed for me?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Started a Whole30 today! My plan was to start on Wednesday (May 1st), but Jenn is starting today so I decided to start with her . Wednesday will be a minor challenge as I'll be spending the whole day in an amusement park with 5 10 y.o. girls. Minor challenge because there's hardly anything primal to eat in the whole park anyway, so I'll just make sure to bring my own lunch and snacks as usual. No chocolate though . I'm really happy TOM came 2 days early (Wednesday had to be the first day), so at least that won't be bothering me too much. So, first day is today and I haven't needed a painkiller yet. Vitex rules .

I made meatmuffins and egg muffins (with raw ham, bacon, chorizo, carrots, yellow bell peppers and onions) yesterday; had 3 egg muffins and a handful of strawberries as breakfast; I had a banana mid morning and lunch is meatmuffins, leftover oven-roasted parsnips, sweet potato and red beets and 1/2 avocado. Handful of mixed nuts as snack. Dinner will be oven-roasted fennel and salmon.

I've bought several kinds of herb teas that I can drink without feeling the need to add honey: anise, mint/licorice, mint/cinnamon,... I'm trying to reduce my coffee intake, want to limit it to 2 cups/day: 1 with breakfast and 1 after lunch. So I'll be drinking my water kefir (2 glasses/day), plain water and herb teas.

Oh, I've bought such nice minimalist shoes: Zest Glove - Women's - J57420 | Merrell ; they look like ballerina's so I can wear them to work. Couldn't do that with my vibrams. I'm wearing them to work today and I'm loving it!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Those are great! If I had lots of $$$$ I would probably buy a pair in every color. I have the Merrill Pace Gloves, they are great but look like gym shoes. Okay for my work but I would like something a touch more dressy. Also I am a big fan of slip on shoes.

Best wishes for your Whole30 AND for your new job!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Woo to the whole30! There's a whole30 specific section of thefoodee.com if you need ideas for cooking.

Cute shoes too they look like they are made well and they'll last a long time!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I like those shoes!! I'll take a pair in black please!

hooray for whole30! It's day 3 and already the sugar cravings have subsided - as has the need to shovel food in my face - which I think is directly associated to sugar cravings and just stuffing to fill the need to eat that comes with avoiding a sugar craving... Today I'm doing well. I hope you are too!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

W30 update: I've been struggling with it whole week! Man, it was never this hard, I really had crazy sugar cravings and I missed my sour cream . Still do in fact. Today is the first day I didn't feel the urge to stuff my face all the time (until now, lunchtime over here). Finally!

The merrell shoes are great! I've been wearing them every time vibrams would not be appropriate and they feel good .

Carreer update: I've had a talk with my boss this morning, it is possible to be laid off due to Work Force Reduction! He thinks it's actually a win/win situation because he needs to select people to be laid off and of course he'd rather fire people who want to leave . The list for next round of WFR has been submitted to HR yesterday though . He's going to check if it's still possible to get me on that list, if not I could be on the list for the next round, that has to be submitted by August. I'm hoping of course that I can still be added to the first list!!! AAAAAAHHHHH, all excited! If things go right I might be back to school in September!!!

Yay! Exciting! I hope it works out for you.

My W30 has been tougher this time around too, but it's starting to ease up. I hope yours continues to get easier as the days countdown.

Too much stress going on, I blew my W30 . Decided to continue W30 + dairy (sour cream, butter, greek yogurt) until I can get stress under control. Positive things about to happen, but they do stress me out a lot.
    I've also decided to ask for help. I didn't get on the scale for more than a month (or even 2 months?) but as I feel my clothes getting tighter again and I could see in the mirror that I've gained weight I stepped on the scale this morning. I managed to put on 5 kg since the last time!!!! I don't understand where they come from! 2 kg I could understand, but 5????? OK, stress levels through the roof now, of course. I've even been crying, I don't want to be FAT again!!!!!
    My crossfit coach (and his nutritionist) are now looking at my foodlog for the past 2 weeks (wasn't tracking quantities, just what I was eating). I hope they can help me, because I feel like I'm the only person in the paleo community who wasn't able to loose weight on paleo. I try to remind myself that paleo did give me back my health and released me from daily pain and misery, so it's worth it anyway. But I would love to be one of these people who just shake off the extra weight and then seem to stay there without any effort. Although I know a lot of you are also struggling with the same issues, and I think it must be hormone related. If there was any good naturopath or paleo doctor around here somewhere I would go there, but Belgium is not really advanced in that area....

I think my feeling emotionally miserable today has a lot to do with the stress of the past week building up for the talk with my manager, and now that's been taken care off, it's like an anti-climax. Also, there's nothing I can do anymore now, it all depends on other people now and I cannot influence that. Hmmm, I'm quite messed up huh? Me a Type A personality? Naaaah, where did you get that from?

Oh, hugs, Candy! So sorry you're struggling. Stress is a nasty monster. I hope your trainer and nutritionist can find the cause of the gain so you can get back to your goals.

This morning the scae was a lot nicer, 2 kg lost overnight so must have been water! I had a really rough day yesterday. I thought I would finish it on a positive note when I set a new 8rep PR with romanian deadlifts (60 kg), but the, the WOD was all about double unders. Now, I love DU's and I'm actually quite good at them! But my bladder HATES THEM! And I didn't haven any 'protection' with me so after 30 DU's I looked down to see, well, it was clear I wasn't just sweating :/ . I was so ashamed and hid in a corner till DH came looking for me after the WOD. I cried my eyes out...
    Well, I had a good talk with DH and this morning I got up with renewed energy . I finally started the squat challenge and did 50 squats and 4x 30 sec planks before breakfast. I've decided to allow dairy this weekend and re-start the W30 on Monday! I can do this, I know I can!

Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast