Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 72

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I hope your trip to Sicily is going well. I look forward to seeing an update from you soon. I get the same way with reading the journals - hence the reason it has taken me 2 weeks to come back to yours. I can't get it all done in a day and have learned to accept that and let things fall where they may. Take whatever time you need and know we'll welcome you back here with open arms when you return.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I've been on a 2 week holiday in Sicily and it has done miracles for stress reduction .
    I've eaten (gluten free) pasta once (it was ok, but not more than that), I've eaten ice cream every other day, but was able to keep it primal for the rest. Starting every day with a barefoot walk on the beach, with my feet in the cold water (very primal!), lots of slow movement, lots of lovely time spent with my husband and children, lots of vitamin 3 (sun, finally!!!). I got hives (I had hoped primal/paleo would have solved that, but unfortunately it didn't - I get it from change in temperature, from cold to warm) but didn't let that influence my state of mind. It was the best holiday we had since our Easter holiday to Brittany (France) 3 years ago. And now it's back to everyday routine. I'll have to find some time to go through more than 700 pictures and post some on FB and my blog.

I know I NEED a sugar detox, but my mind is still in holiday mode . I think I'll start one next Monday, so I have a week to get prepared. But Wineandcandy's dragon is with me right now .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I am so glad you are back! Your holiday sounds wonderful, and I am sure it will be a lovely shared memory for your family. The sugar dragon will go away, or die. They are actually quite fragile.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Ah, I found out that my lack of sex drive is for a big part caused by stress. I did not experience any stress during the second week of our holidays .

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Good to see you back too and super glad you enjoyed your trip. What was Sicily like?

Well, our mornings were like this:

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Looks wonderful Candy! So glad you had a chance to let go of the stress ... I love starting the day on the beach!! I used to live by the beach in South AFrica - so therapeutic!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Looks wonderful! I so miss walking barefoot on the beach. Maybe I can start again soon - I'm pretty cold-resistant.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

So, a lot is happening over here . After thinking about a career switch (again) I'm going to see if this is really what I want. It would mean going back to school (3 years). So I'll be a kindergarten teacher for one day on Thursday . And I'll be visiting the school on Wednesday afternoon. And then I think I can decide if this is "what I want to be when I grow up".
    Anyhow I realized more than ever after our holiday that my current job does NOT make me happy . I'm bored and stressed and this is not what I want to do the rest of my life.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I have found the same with my job. Good luck with your 'tests'. Hopefully you find you love it and can commit to the change. I wish it was that easy for our family.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast