Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 70

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Did you know it's NOT a good idea to be hungry when shopping? I also bought those little filled easter eggs, for the kids right? Uhu, right....I know where winenandcandy's dragon is right now!!!
    So THAT's where she is!!
    Keep her for a while, OK?

My mum started weight watchers *sigh*.

I tried not to be too negative about it, but it's not easy....
    It's hard to watch that {{{hugs}}}
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Day 1 of 21DSD went well yesterday. I did crave something sweet after dinner, but just ignored it.
    I had 3 slices of Civilized Caveman’s Banana Bread (made with green tipped banana’s) with some butter and a black coffee for breakfast. I took my morning supplements (vitex agnus castus drops, D3 and O3) with my homemade water kefir. I filled my lunchbox with 2 heads of chicory, a small avocado and leftover chorizo-spiced carnitas (Marks Carnitas recipe, but with chorizo spices). I had to restrain myself from licking my plate after lunch, that pork gets better every day! As a snack I had few small pieces of fresh coconut and a cup of black coffee. Dinner was braised carrots, haddock baked in coconut oil and oven-roasted parsnips. I took my evening supplements (vitex agnus castus drops and kelp) with another glass of homemade water kefir. I drank about 1.5 l of water today, which is not bad at all for me!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mmm... your food always sounds soo good! And I like creepin your blog to see how it all looks too... Can I take you home? Together we could make amazing... uhh... food!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Thanks ecks if you ever visit Europe don't forget Belgium, I would gladly invite you for some meals with us . And if there's only ONE recipe you make from my blog, make this cottage pie, it's easy and sooooooooooooo delicious!!!! The chorizo spice mix is my new favourite, I used it in an omelette today!

Day 2 of 21DSD:
    Breakfast: 3 slices of banana bread with butter and black coffee; 1 glass of kefir with morning supplements.
    Lunch: chicken (leftover from Sunday) and parsnips (I had an avocado with me, but had to throw it away ), handful of mixed nuts.
    Dinner: 1.5 servings of the above mentioned cottage pie, this stuff is good! 1 glass of water kefir with evening supplements.

Day 3:
    Breakfast: 2 slices of banana bread with butter and black coffee; 1 glass of kefir with morning supplements.
    Lunch: a small salad of mixed lettuces and tomato, less than half an avocado (had to throw away the rest *sigh*) with smoked eel (I love smoked eel! But it's hard to find it in the stores lately :/)
    Dinner: vegetable soup with homemade bone broth; all the rest was made in the oven: salmon, green beans with bacon, celeriac fries.
    DH and I went to CrossFit for 2 hours: one normal WOD and one mobility WOD (working on cleans); I had 2 coconut-cocoa-almond butter "chocolates" (sugarfree!) afterwards.

*TMI warning*: TOM came yesterday, a week early. So not really regular yet. BUT, I have no pain! Not feeling like my uterus wants to get out, as it has been for the past few years. I even managed to do 2 WOD's on a first day of TOM! YAY for the vitex!!!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    That cottage pie looks wonderful. But my feeling is, you can top anything with cauliflower and only make it better, so why wouldn't I like this?!? That reminds me, I want to make your no-mac and cheese again.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Mmm... Salivating hardcore! If I'm ever in your neck of the woods I will definitely pop by for some of your cooking!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    That cottage pie looks wonderful. But my feeling is, you can top anything with cauliflower and only make it better, so why wouldn't I like this?!? That reminds me, I want to make your no-mac and cheese again.
    Did you make it with mascarpone? I'm still thinking how to make it a little lighter, because it is heavy (although delicious!). Maybe I could replace half the mascarpone with ricotta. I'll have to make it again to try it out .

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    *TMI warning*: TOM came yesterday, a week early. So not really regular yet. BUT, I have no pain! Not feeling like my uterus wants to get out, as it has been for the past few years. I even managed to do 2 WOD's on a first day of TOM! YAY for the vitex!!!
    I had two days of light spotting with my last tom. It didn't start til something like day 51 or something like that. Way late, caused a scare, and then was anti-climactic in arrival. Nothing like the hemorrhage it usually is. Must be the vitex.

Checking out your recipes and drooling.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 03-07-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    No marscapone. I haven't bought any in a while. In cooked dishes I usually use whatever scraps I have in the cheese bag, so I couldn't say which ones I DID use, but it was delicious!

It's March 12th, it should NOT be snowing, but it is! We have about 12cm of snow today! 2 eldest sons didn't get to school because of it (traffic was hell today, DH and I are both working from home). I want spring!!! I am so counting down to the Easter holidays (here from March 30th till April 14th), we'll be 2 weeks in Sicily where the weather is a lot nicer .

My 21DSD is going fine, I don't have strong cravings for sweet stuff, I only miss fruit. Especially when DH sits next to me eating a blood orange (oh my, that smells soooooo good!) .
    Day 4: 2 slices of banana bread with butter. An omelet with some leftover parnsips and a side salad for lunch. Oven-roasted eggplant with sausage in tomato sauce for dinner. A tablespoon of almond butter as a snack.

Day 5: 2 slices of banana bread with butter. Salmon cakes with horseradish and a side salad. Hamburger patties with stewed peppers and onions.

Day 6: 2 pork sausages and 1 slice of banana bread for breakfast. We were on a day trip, so I filled my lunchbox with oven roasted eggplant, 3 hardboiled eggs and 1 mackerel filet. I had another slice of banana bread with butter as a snack. Sirloin steak, celeriac fries and a side salad for dinner.

Day 7: I baked a batch of Easy Peasy Pancakes (paleo Parents) and ate 5 with butter for breakfast. Lunch was a big salad with smoked mackerel and 2 hardboiled eggs. The oven did all the work for dinner: ovenroasted whole chicken, parsnips, mushrooms, sweet red peppers and asparagus.

Day 8: 3 EasyPeasyPancakes with butter for breakfast. Leftover chicken, 2 hardboile eggs, leftover asparagus and parsnips for lunch. Pork cheeks carnitas style with ovenroasted broccoli for dinner.

Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast