Page 66 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 66

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    One more thing... how has your fibro pain been lately?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, I've used the topical for years. I know it can be diluted until the body adjusts, but the funny thing is, it doesn't always cause issues. I can use it after workouts and in the morning after a shower with little to no problem, but if I put it on at night before bed it drives me nuts!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Candy, I made your nomac and cheese last night. It was delicious. Everyone liked it. Thanks for the recipe.
    You're welcome, glad you liked it .

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    On the magnesium, I use a gel called Ancient Minerals that I rub onto my legs and/or arms about 10 minutes before taking a shower. It has helped a LOT with the cramps... If you look on Amazon.com you can see what it is like, not sure if you have it available there. But a little bit goes a long way - I am still on my first tube of it, though I should probably do it more than I do.
    I'm not using any magnesium now since a few weeks and didn't have any cramps either! So my theory is that maybe the magnesium was giving me problems because I'm not needing it right now? I'm going to take it only when I feel I need it (i.e. when the cramps come back).

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    One more thing... how has your fibro pain been lately?
    Never been better! When I'm sore it's because I've been working out . I'm fibro-med-free since more than 6 months now and practically pain free. Also the headaches have disappeared (I used to have it constantly). The last time I had a headache was in Hungary and I suspect flour in one of the lunches was the culprit. Knowing that makes it so easy to stay far, far away from grains!

Happy new year everyone! I've been on holiday, home with husbands and kids. Lots of work, some good parties, lots of baking and eating (but all primal stuff!). I'm starting a Whole 42 today (6 week Health Challenge with our CrossFit buddies) and have actually been looking forward to it! Too many sweet things have entered my mouth lately, and although all homemade with 'natural' sugars (honey, maple syrup, dates,...), sugar = sugar! Goal for this year: get down to 65 kg. Weight was slightly up after the holidays so I'm starting at 75 kg .

I'm going to keep a food-diary for my Whole42 again on my blog, if you're interested you can go and have a look .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Seriously?
    HAHAHA!!

Never been better! When I'm sore it's because I've been working out . I'm fibro-med-free since more than 6 months now and practically pain free. Also the headaches have disappeared (I used to have it constantly). The last time I had a headache was in Hungary and I suspect flour in one of the lunches was the culprit. Knowing that makes it so easy to stay far, far away from grains!
    Excellent!
    Good luck with your Whole 42
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Woohoow I'm so excited! I'm going to do a sexy, lingerie-photo-shoot next month! I would never have dared to do such thing 25 kg ago . It's a female photographer and stylist, and the photo-shoot will be done in a romantic room in a hotel, very glamorous . The date is set: February 10th, which gives me one month to get in a little better shape with my W42 and go lingerie shopping! Wanna see some of her pics? Boudoir Fotografie by Isamofoto > Portfolio

Day one of W42 went just fine. Food diary can be found on my blog, these are my macros according to PaleoTrack:
    Energy: 1731 calories
    Source Calories Quantity
    Protein 21% 92g
    Fat 54% 105g
    Carbs 25% 110g
    Bit high on the carbs and fat maybe, what do you think? I'm cutting down on the sweet potatoes today .

I'm also delivering weekly grocery plans, menu's and recipes to all the members of our CrossFit Winter Health Challenge group. It's a challenge though to make a menu-plan to please all: people who don't know paleo (yet), people with little time to cook, people who don't like or don't know how to cook,... for me most recipes are simple, but I understand that for some people it may be quite a challenge! But today I'm in the office, so I have some time to spend here . Trying to get through my backlog on all your journals!

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Someone posted it on primal blueprint ontario on facebook yesterday. She's bought it but I don't think she can give a fair review yet
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

ecks is offline Senior Member
    By the way you're sharing the photos with us right?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm right there with you!!! As long as I stay grain free and sugar free I have NO fibro symptoms! No pain, no fatigue, no brain fog, no headaches, no lack of balance.... GOOD reason to stay on the straight and narrow. Sugar doesn't effect me nearly as powerfully as grains, so its a bit easier to slip with that. Hence my new years resolution to let it go! I'm so thankful I found this WOE!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    By the way you're sharing the photos with us right?
    You wish .

I bought the set of eBooks, haven't had time to browse all the eBooks, but I'm really happy with Well Fed cookbook!

@Tomi: indeed, sugar has less impact short term, so easier to slip there .

Day 2 went ok, I did have a slight headache around lunchtime, but that was gone after lunch. I had dry eyes though. In the afternoon/evening I felt like snacking, but I was able to limit the damage (just "stole" half a clementine from my son ). I continued to work on a crocheting project and that kept my mind and hands busy. I was rather high on carbs yesterday (too many starchy veg!), trying to limit that today. Yesterday's eats and macro's:
    Breakfast: leftover stuffed chicken breast
    Lunch: the last piece of spanish tortilla with parsnip, sweet potato, onion and bell pepper, leftover roasted fennel and a piece of spanish chorizo-sausage (only pork and spices), 1 bloodorange
    Dinner: roasted salmon, carrot-parsnip-sweetpotato-mash
    Snack: 1 banana, piece of fresh coconut, half a clementine
    Drinks: 2 coffees, herbal tea and enough water
    Movement: not much, another day at the office today.

1908 calories
    Protein 19% 91g
    Fat 54% 115g
    Carbs 27% 133g

Today I decided not to eat for breakfast, instead I had homemade bone broth and coffee with coconut milk. In the meantime I had a cup of tea with coconut milk and am doubting if I would eat a tbsp of almond butter. Not feeling true hunger though, so I'm trying to get my mind busy with other things (like work).

Page 66 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast