Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 51

Tricia is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    going to Ghent...
    Best town in the world! \o/

(or so they tell me... hehe )

They have crossfit in Antwerp? I googled it once and could only find something in Charleroi :/ (not that I'd be ready for anything like that - I'm putting off starting my Gillian Michaels workout again because I have to account for 2-3 days of being sore all over and unable to come down stairs when I do )
    Last edited by Tricia; 08-10-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw
    When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Candy, sounds like DS3 is changing like our DS!! All kinds of new foods and less fuss! Very cool I must say...

Hopefully DS1 will have time to think about some of the issues while he is away and start making good choices for his own sake... good luck on that one though! I must say that teenagers will often do the opposite of what is helpful just to be difficult, not because they believe in what they are doing! I hope you guys have a lovely time together Sounds very fun! And congratulations on your first order!! WOnderful... I am sure it won't be too long before you are very busy with that.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Hi Candy, I'm trying to get caught up with my journal reading

OK, I talked to the tattoo artist and then decided to go for the poppy on my ankle. I have an appointment on October 20th
    Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Judg View Post
    Or even tell him he should buy the shampoo himself and you will pay him back for it once he has used it up, because you don't want to waste that much money on something he won't use.
    This ^

DH and I are away for the weekend, going to Ghent. We'll be seeing Leonard Cohen in concert on sunday evening.
    How was the concert???
    Last edited by winencandy; 08-20-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Best town in the world! \o/

(or so they tell me... hehe )

They have crossfit in Antwerp? I googled it once and could only find something in Charleroi :/ (not that I'd be ready for anything like that - I'm putting off starting my Gillian Michaels workout again because I have to account for 2-3 days of being sore all over and unable to come down stairs when I do )
    Yes, there is a CrossFit in Antwerp: Fitness Antwerpen: CrossFit Antwerpen | Probeer Crossfit 1 Week Gratis; there's one in Brussels and Leuven too and I think there's one (or soon will be one) in Ghent.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Hi Candy, I'm trying to get caught up with my journal reading

How was the concert???
    The concert was FANTASTIC! Best concert E.V.E.R. He started at 8o'clock and finished at midnight, with only a short 20 minutes break! AND I saw 3 shooting stars during the concert too (it was in the open, such a beautiful setting: the stage with the Saint-Peter's church and Abby behind it, the starry sky above....and the shooting stars).

I've been spending lots of time with DH and kids last week, as I had a whole week off . And I had a second order! My first customer (so funny, I have customers!) was very happy and already said she'll be ordering again. The second one was for today, a paleo cake shaped like a kettle-bell. At first I thought of making it standing up, but as it had to be a small cake I decided it was better if it was lying down. I'll post pictures tomorrow . It was for the coach of our CrossFit gym, he's turning 32 today. I'm so curious to know if they like it! I hope they put pictures on Facebook, quite sure they will .

It has been freaking hot the last few days! And I did a lot of baking yesterday, so it was even hotter in my kitchen. I'm kind of happy to be in the cool air conditioned office today . So I'm off to read through all my favorite journals!

Oh, forgot to tell: I'm off dairy . I wasn't having that much anyway, but the last few weeks it was like: some Greek yogurt AND homemade ice-cream AND good cheese (with Tierenteyn mustard, a specialty from Ghent) and then my wrist got completely blocked, and I started feeling more pain in my elbow and shoulder too. I stopped eating dairy and the pain is gone in just 2 days!
    I already told I was doing the Whole30 starting in september with DH, well, I'm thinking of doing the auto-immune protocol. It won't be easy, though: no nightshades (we eat tomatoes and bell peppers very regularly), no nuts and...NO EGGS! But I'll stick to it and then re-introduce things and see how I react to them.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Good luck with your protocol! I hope you learn a lot and that none of it breaks your heart.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    That protocol sounds really tough! Good luck!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Too tough for me!
    Good luck

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. It sounds like it was awesome!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

It was awesome indeed!

Had some leftover cake (grainfree/dairy-free, BUT filled with buttercream and finished with ganache made of chocolate and full-fat cream) yesterday after dinner and was bloated all evening . Oh well, I wanted to take the rest of the cake to work today, as a snack with my coffee, but feeling the way I did yesterday made me realize IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT. So I had a piece of dark chocolate with whole hazelnuts with my coffee instead .

So, this is the kettlebell I baked for the owner of our gym:

He loved it and I also got lots of compliments from him and the people eating the cake that it was really good . And the guy that ordered it already ordered 2 more birthday cakes, so I guess he was happy too .

Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast